LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

How much seating is there around the Bellini Bar? Would you be able to post a wider shot photo of that area, please?

Here you go:4759652f429030c42ccbf9a0958681e9.jpg

Someone on board said there were no books in the library, so I had to go check. There are in fact many hardcover, brand new books...5fe681d592054b2476837fc3df790f8e.jpg

There are now shops where the Internet cafe was on Royal/Regal, so the Internet cafe shares space with the library. There are only TWO computers. I can't stress this enough: BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE. There are always people queuing when I pass by. 35c6918b582d05085c05eee0784570c4.jpg

Also happened to walk through Vista Gaming Lounge today and suddenly realized that there was no bar at the back...65ed4273bbab73af84501995547ea82b.jpg

Here's an interesting tidbit. One of the staff told me that while we were at anchor in Monaco, the Prince himself came in a private tender and visited the ship, since it was the first time the Majestic had visited there. Kind of funny since I was visiting his place at the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the main dining room is it allow to order more then one dish off the Princess Favorites and Starters, Soups & Salad. I enjoy these selections more then the main course.

Yes, you can order any number of items from any area of the menu. You can also get an appetizer-sized main, or a main-sized appetizer. You can also order two desserts [emoji2]

Yes, you can order any number of items from any area of the menu. You can also get an appetizer-sized main, or a main-sized appetizer. You can also order two desserts [emoji2]

Interesting that you should post about having an appetizer as a main course (or vice versa) on the same day they are serving the twice baked goat cheese souffle since that's what I always do for that ! :o :D

Yes, the Crown Bar was very busy in the evenings last week as it had to cater for everyone on the Promenade deck - we had to wait a long time to get drinks around 8pm and nearly missed entertainment events as a result.

Sandra

Can any of you report as to tinder process? Olympia was changed to a tinder port for my ceiling with an arrival time of 1 o'clock. I want to have some idea on whether or not I can still do the tour guide book privately considering we're supposed to be shoving out at 9pm....

We have switched to Bellini's as our hangout spot since there is no Crooner's. There are about 8 seats. I'll post a wider shot later. Joana has become our favorite bartender. She used to work at Crooners on her last ship, so she knows all the drinks. I've been ordering all my favourite martinis with no problems. There's no martini menu though. Is it a bad sign that I know most of the Crooner's "Martoonis" by heart?

One piece of advice, and I'm trying to phrase this delicately: don't order drinks with more than one ingredient from a Chinese bartender. It seems they're all in training, and are somewhat clueless about western mixed drinks. I've seen several irate passengers return drinks that were not made correctly.

Only 8 seats? No other lounge seating in that area? :eek:

Hopefully by the time Majestic comes down to Australia they'll have learnt how to make pomegranate martinis.

Thanks. It does look like a very nice bar.

But I can see there are definitely going to be issues with lack of bar seating on the Aussie cruises.

I'd be happy if she has an outside bar overlooking the water - I think the Wake View Bar and Pool Bar might do me :D. Finger's crossed they do a few changes to cater more for the Aussies when she comes here. I think Ovation of the Seas make some changes before coming here from Asia?

Thank you for the review, Canadianburger.

More random musings...

Okay, I'm a bit of a geek (some would remove "a bit") and I notice small details. Since the door locks are RFID, the old Do Not Disturb/Please Make Up My Room signs that you stick in the key slot wouldn't work, so when we boarded there were the usual card stock hanging type of DND signs you'd see at a hotel. But the hole was large, and once side had a slit cut in it, so it was loose, and would continually fall off when closing the door, etc. Ours actually went missing the first night. Came back to the room tonight, and there are new plastic ones that fit tightly to the door handle, and more clearly indicate which side is which. cf24866b98ff910dbb5f650ebe60fdaf.jpg

48b4b2cbf0cbdd4eafc34bd02c45d1d9.jpg

(See? I warned you!)

That all-inclusive photo package is going to cause serious packing issues for the way home. We now have FORTY-ONE 8x10 prints, and we're only halfway through the cruise!

Only 8 seats? No other lounge seating in that area? :eek:

Hopefully by the time Majestic comes down to Australia they'll have learnt how to make pomegranate martinis.

There's probably another eight tables for two directly in front of the bar, as you can see from the pic.

A was actually thinking this ship didn't have enough bars to sail to Oz! Where did it say it was coming down there? Just as a stop, or based there?

I'd be happy if she has an outside bar overlooking the water - I think the Wake View Bar and Pool Bar might do me :D. Finger's crossed they do a few changes to cater more for the Aussies when she comes here. I think Ovation of the Seas make some changes before coming here from Asia?

Thank you for the review, Canadianburger.

Sometimes it's too cool for the outside bars, especially down south on the NZ itineraries. Besides I don't want to be trapsing all over the ship in the evenings. I want a nice bar to have my pre-dinner martini, and a nice bar with some good entertainment to have an after dinner drink.

Also happened to walk through Vista Gaming Lounge today and suddenly realized that there was no bar at the back...65ed4273bbab73af84501995547ea82b.jpg

CanadianBurger, have you been on Royal or Regal? If so, how does the space at the back of the Vista Gaming Lounge compare with the space on those ships? I'm wondering if there might be a hidden bar area tucked behind those panels. Not needed when cruising out of China but available if repositioned to other regions. Panels can be easily removed. It's just that the deck plan diagrams are identical for that area of Royal and Majestic.

I confirmed with a member of the cruise director's staff (Natalie, who's Australian and remembered us from the Regal) that beginning in late 2018, Majestic will be based out of Sydney, doing winters in Australia and summers in China.

I have more issues with this ship after walking around today which I'll get to soon.

Edited by CanadianBurger

We both ordered Eggs Benedict for brunch today. I don't think whoever made the eggs had ever cooked poached eggs before... also, they were stone cold. Too cold to eat. Sent them back and had new ones made, which were hot, but no better in appearance. e3649e925d952705e4040501dd6b3468.jpg

4f01546cdd02f8c9ae624c2abd3abef1.jpg

The lunch items fared much better, and the rigatoni carbonara I had was quite tasty. 3f1f6f5fabe765eb7fc58e086c386d34.jpg

0b5217921eb5dfa93ac24fe7b63fb524.jpg

09f36c8bc03ea223b0940d6196496e34.jpg

I had a Lemon Honey Green Tea afterwards (included in the AIBP) and it was quite refreshing. 16a25613e9f50f65dc74fc081e25fd82.jpg

Now it's time for the ship design complaint post...

The aft upper decks of this ship are a mess. Gone from Deck 18 (Sports) is the wide walking/jogging track with the fitness stations spaced around the perimeter. You can still walk around, but it's quite narrow most of the way, and to go all the way around requires one to open the gate to the basketball courts/football pitch, walk through the corner, and open another gate to get out. I used to enjoy walking round and round on the Regal/Royal, but no more. 33b072da188f6df9652b7e21394cba0c.jpg

029b0415b8987e1695ed016c3693c3b9.jpg

Deck 17 aft is where they've put all the fitness equipment, with no deck chairs available. fe9396be93865d93e195ef280e2a162e.jpg

There are lots more enclosed ping pong tables on 17. 187077a0079152e6416877df396ef33d.jpg

I hope they simply don't have the furniture for Deck 16 aft yet, as leaving it like this makes no sense. The Wake View Bar (formerly Outriggers) is always deserted.2fa7286b1ec308cd2cee6308f1e82adb.jpg

I also used to enjoy walking around Deck 18 forward, where you could overlook the Retreat Pool. Because of the enclosed Hollywood Pool Club, it's now a blocked-off dead-end. 6020b04797c3e9525020aa5fad77afa5.jpg

CanadianBurger, have you been on Royal or Regal? If so, how does the space at the back of the Vista Gaming Lounge compare with the space on those ships?

Yes, and I realized after posting that there's no bar in Vista on those ships either... I was thinking of the Grand class... but at least on the Royal/Regal there is a bar outside Princess Live.

Here's another shot of Bellini's when it's not busy. Also known as when Joana takes her breaks!5734cb2f87c79283b72401bf13ffbadf.jpg

The outdoor kids area:f4ffeab035730f8b294a361642d7cd5e.jpg

I ordered a room service pizza this afternoon, and while it was hot, it didn't taste as good as the one from Alfredo's.083b2e62ad68723cb63db3209fc1ab15.jpg

The Elite/Suite/Platinum Lounge is in the Hollywood Conservatory. Here's the schedule:dd46da6394526402439ece5205708964.jpg

We thought it was odd that it would be open the same night as the Captain's Circle party, which is tonight, and sure enough it wasn't.