LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

Are the television offerings similar to the Royal and Regal? On demand movies, sitcoms, etc?

Zena, I turned on the TV for you. Guess what? You HAVE to watch 20 minutes of safety video before you can do anything else! There was no way to get out of it! Once it was over, you could make selections again. Same general offerings, but NO LOVE BOAT episodes that I could find...

145c27682a344a522f7f788aa411c589.jpg

7cd0069495d9031ea8b0a61d4ebcf55a.jpg

3730c5bb7146252de9f894c9ae552f03.jpg

I find the map to be the most useful thing on the TV...ab3f1752a46c87e86cf8512d9f949fff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CanadianBurger

The Bar Flair Show was this afternoon at the Seaview Bar. Juan Carlos (from the Regal) was the star of the show, and DJ Kev did a great job spinning the tunes. I have it on video and will post later.

After dressing for formal night and having some more portraits taken, we went to the Captain's Circle party, met the Captain, said hello to celebrity Hotel Manager Dirk (from the itv series "The Cruise"), the CD, mingled briefly, and left again for a before dinner drink at Bellini's. The free drinks don't have any appeal when you have the AIBP.

After that, another great dinner with wonderful table mates.

This is my favourite menu of the cruise. a3dd948016906678bcc3fa62549b7623.jpg

c00912f08a06e56c7ad27d78e3e53707.jpg

de32c40daf7066005f9e96a7f0abbb41.jpg

0f318ed3c9446c7cab8d721ea1932403.jpg

42f41be95a2b7a3eaba0f7f583e674f0.jpg

ceb828ca65468d3319aa3a8e14dc59c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CanadianBurger

Thanks for the blog, great pics.

How do you get 49 ship photos and you are only halfway through your cruise.

Looking at booking on this ship. We loved The Royal. We know this one is a lot different but that can be part of the appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's probably another eight tables for two directly in front of the bar, as you can see from the pic.

A was actually thinking this ship didn't have enough bars to sail to Oz! Where did it say it was coming down there? Just as a stop, or based there?

It's going to be based in Sydney from September 2018 to March 2019 (ie during our summer which is the Chinese winter). Princess announced it earlier in the week and I've seen the brochure with itineraries. Mostly Australia/NZ ones with one South Pacific and one Tasmania shortish cruise, plus repositioning cruises. Bookings open 27th April. I'm hoping to book on the Tasmania cruise.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes, and I realized after posting that there's no bar in Vista on those ships either... I was thinking of the Grand class... but at least on the Royal/Regal there is a bar outside Princess Live.

That's interesting. I'm going on Royal in September so I'll be looking carefully at areas that change on Majestic.

Thank you for posting! I'm sure everyone was curious as to how it would compare with Regal and Royal. I don't think Majestic is for me, it's definitely tailored for the Asian market and that's fine. I just am not a fan of Asian food. It's good from time to time, but I like more American/ European cooking. Lovely ship though.

Thankyou for taking the time to post, I am loving your photo's.

I have been following from the start, just wanted to say thanks:D

Now I will get a chance to get on this ship in Australia the info is very helpful!!

Zena, I turned on the TV for you. Guess what? You HAVE to watch 20 minutes of safety video before you can do anything else! There was no way to get out of it! Once it was over, you could make selections again. Same general offerings, but NO LOVE BOAT episodes that I could find...

They had a large number of Russian movies when were on last week. And the usual feature of offering the MUTS movies once they have played on deck