LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

Did her luggage arrive yet?

not yet. princess gave them kits with toothbrushes and is doing their laundry without charge. my daughter is missing her hair brush... i bet she packs differently next time! the luggage seems to always be a day behind them. they have a sea day tomorrow so hopefully it will catch up to them soon. probably in time to fly home!

Begining to pack for our upcoming cruise. On formal night my husband is planning to wear slack and polo shirt, will he be allow to dine in the dining room? On your cruise what did the gentlemen wear on formal night?

On behalf of a friend who is Elite and sailing on the Majestic in about 6 weeks time, is the Platinum/Ellite/Suite function held please? She's wondering whether to purchase the AIBP if the function is held.

This was covered in post number 174 on this thread. Here's the welcome invite for that cruise:

dd46da6394526402439ece5205708964.jpg

Begining to pack for our upcoming cruise. On formal night my husband is planning to wear slack and polo shirt, will he be allow to dine in the dining room? On your cruise what did the gentlemen wear on formal night?

Slacks and a polo shirt would be the minimum for Smart Casual nights, but Formal Nights require a jacket and tie. Many wore tuxedos. There's always the buffet on Deck 16 if you don't want to dress up.

7e2ade323247f9c6ac1087990c1eff08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On behalf of a friend who is Elite and sailing on the Majestic in about 6 weeks time, is the Platinum/Ellite/Suite function held please? She's wondering whether to purchase the AIBP if the function is held.

Thank you for any help.

The Elite reception in the evening wouldn't factor into the AIBP decision, as drinks at the reception are not complimentary. There is one particular drink on special, but that's it. You can also see a pic of the food offerings earlier in one of my posts.

The Elite reception in the evening wouldn't factor into the AIBP decision, as drinks at the reception are not complimentary. There is one particular drink on special, but that's it. You can also see a pic of the food offerings earlier in one of my posts.

That's disappointing that they only had the one drink special every night. On the Star in December they had all the same drinks as always, but they were all available every night on special. Made me happy to have my margarita whenever I wanted it.

That's disappointing that they only had the one drink special every night. On the Star in December they had all the same drinks as always, but they were all available every night on special. Made me happy to have my margarita whenever I wanted it.

I think a lot of the ships allow any of the drinks on the specials menu any night but you have to ask.

The Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge has the $5 drinks from 5 -7 but also one bar on the ship will have a buy-one-get-one-for-a-dollar special twice a day (on the Pacific it was 3-4 and 10-11). That might figure into the decision whether or not to get the AIBP more than the lounge.

My final thoughts...

Did we have a good time? Absolutely!

Would we sail the Majestic again? No. While I have no doubt she will be a hit in the Chinese market, I would choose a different Princess ship given the choice. I'm not sure how she'll go over with the Australians in a year and a half.

If anyone has any further questions, let me know. ]

Thank you for your feedback.

i asked my daughter if she's sail on the majestic again. she said yes, especially if you go on knowing that it is a different set up. the staff has been wonderful to them. fyi they got their suitcase today--around dinner time--in time to put it outside their door for pick up as this is their last night. their steward told them as they returned to the cabin and my dd said she laughed so hard!

i asked my daughter if she's sail on the majestic again. she said yes, especially if you go on knowing that it is a different set up. the staff has been wonderful to them. fyi they got their suitcase today--around dinner time--in time to put it outside their door for pick up as this is their last night. their steward told them as they returned to the cabin and my dd said she laughed so hard!

I'm glad to hear that your daughter would sail again on the Majestic. It's also nice to hear that the staff was "wonderful to them" and that they finally got their luggage back (sorry it took their entire cruise to catch up with them though).

OK, why are these being posted? It's like spam postings!!!

When Colo Cruiser posted them, they related to where the ship was at the time I was doing the post. However, the URL he used updates the pic to the current webcam image when reading the thread, so they don't make as much sense after the fact.

OK, why are these being posted? It's like spam postings!!!

Spam? Hardly.

When Colo Cruiser posted them, they related to where the ship was at the time I was doing the post. However, the URL he used updates the pic to the current webcam image when reading the thread, so they don't make as much sense after the fact.

I always post the live webcam this way. Its nice to see where the Majestic is now. Sorry..........was not aware it was a big deal. :(

I got the video posted of the Love Boat horn on sailaway from Livorno.

Thanks so much for posting the horn and for your enjoyable reviews . I will be boarding in Dubai on June 5 and can hardly wait.

My final thoughts...

Did we have a good time? Absolutely!

Would we sail the Majestic again? No. While I have no doubt she will be a hit in the Chinese market, I would choose a different Princess ship given the choice. I'm not sure how she'll go over with the Australians in a year and a half.

If anyone has any further questions, let me know.

Fantastic review! Thanks for your efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums