LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

Please can I ask a quick question for the OP or any other experienced cruiser? We are doing anytime dining - does this mean that we are limited to certain dining rooms or times? Or is it literally any time, but with a potential wait if full?

Thanks,

Fay

Look at the last page of the Patter each day for the Anytime Dining specifics. I can't speak to lines, as we always do traditional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CanadianBurger, wish your cruise wasn't coming to an end. We have enjoyed following along on your cruise adventure all week. Again, your input on the Majestic Princess and your pictures were wonderfully appreciated. From what I read and saw with the changes on the Majestic, I still favor the Royal & Regal ships as our favorites. I'm sure the Majestic will do well in the Asian market, but I wonder how it will do in the Australian market? Again thanks for a well done live thread!

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

I'm sad that your cruise will be ending soon! I thoroughly enjoyed all of your pictures. And your pictures of Gibraltar have enticed me to look into doing a cruise that stops there. It looked utterly amazing! that and St. Michael's cave!

We did the Princess shore excursion of the Walking Tour of Old Town Valencia. It wasn't the greatest. The motorcoach part of the tour was "on the left is this, on the right is this", without giving more than a cursory explanation of what we were looking at. Once we were out walking through the town there was slightly more explanation, but not much. f49db6b5ba46550b2572d76fc165f24e.jpg

b9de7233075b1d14a33983cf73c57387.jpg

e8196a0ebcbce6934794dda8515e9a81.jpg

8432c202b94032da9b6c9d3aa25498de.jpg

5e8fb1b574c8d7c9b148345331bccd56.jpg

eb3826b2d0c2b3e0d506c9fba094bae3.jpg

We stopped at a Horchateria where we were each given a glass of horchata, which is a chilled, sweet, nut-based drink. I found it to be quite delicious. It was served with fartón pastry, which was also quite good. b4179f42e94357d7ac240ddd6ddcfb3d.jpg

Next we saw the Museu Faller, where the one piece of artistic sculpture deemed to be the best each year is spared the flames of the festival. It was quite fascinating. cfeb2507207cba594c619d43a054fc2f.jpg

8deea3d1917aff878f8006d3cd79832b.jpg

c3d4b8bb2a3962d66454c6745231253a.jpg

City center fountain36bea516455e2e36cb93346708894076.jpg

Thanks for taking time from your vacation to post and take us all vicariously along with you.

I have looked at all the menus and noticed that the pasta course, which Princess was once famous for, seems to have been eliminated from ALL of the menus. :(

The fettuccine alfredo is on the always available menu but there used to be two other choices each night.

I'm really sad to see :(that gone.

They seem to have condensed the menu. Instead of four separate courses: Appetisers, Soups/Salads, Pasta and Mains, they now only have two: Starters/Soups/Salads, and Mains which includes a pasta dish.

I suspect they're hoping that people will only order one from each section, so shortening the dining time and cutting costs. Other cruise lines only offer appetisers (which includes soups and salads) and mains.

Thanks for taking time from your vacation to post and take us all vicariously along with you.

I have looked at all the menus and noticed that the pasta course, which Princess was once famous for, seems to have been eliminated from ALL of the menus. :(

The fettuccine alfredo is on the always available menu but there used to be two other choices each night.

I'm really sad to see :(that gone.

Actually, no reduction but just a relocation. The pasta course has been the fettuccine alfredo and only one other nightly pasta for many years. The fettucine has been moved to the Princess Favorites section and the nightly pasta has been moved to the Mains section

Wow, what a fantastic week you seem to of had. Quick question from a first time cruiser, do you get the patter and the cruise log automatically delivered to your room daily or do you have to sign up for it? Also is it free or do you pay? Thanks in advance!

Wow, what a fantastic week you seem to of had. Quick question from a first time cruiser, do you get the patter and the cruise log automatically delivered to your room daily or do you have to sign up for it? Also is it free or do you pay? Thanks in advance!

both will show up at your room, no signing up and no charge. enjoy your first cruise!

The Patter along with everything else is delivered to the mail slot outside your cabin every evening free of charge. Activities are also available on your phone by connecting to the ship's wifi and typing <shipname>.princess.com into your browser. Also free of charge. You can also check your stateroom balance. 38ef1a364d79ed7afebb00be85651305.jpg

MDR breakfast this morning had no problem making Eggs Benedict. After we ordered, the two tables closest to us changed their orders to a Eggs Benedict as well! They seem to have learned how to poach eggs over the course of the week. These were much better!

The ship had some Easter decorations this morning. 0b4895e57a4e8701b342d0e67aa2cd50.jpg

d3145b2bb32803699d0165443b6afd50.jpg

Disembarkation was painless. No customs or other formalities. Rather than going to a lounge at the appointed time, we just headed for the gangway within 5 minutes of the time. They must have been ahead of schedule, as there were only ours and one other party's bags left in our color group.

The airport was a zoo. The queue for passport control was crazy. People were trying to cut the line, and other passengers were yelling at them. They only had two booths open for non-EU passports. Didn't expect it to be this busy on Easter Sunday. We're now at the gate awaiting our flight to Montreal where we connect to Toronto. 33dd3c401f4561fa3d64b24c57ed3846.jpg

My final thoughts...

Did we have a good time? Absolutely!

Would we sail the Majestic again? No. While I have no doubt she will be a hit in the Chinese market, I would choose a different Princess ship given the choice. I'm not sure how she'll go over with the Australians in a year and a half.

If anyone has any further questions, let me know.

Thanks again for a spectacular blog!

I am a lover of both the Royal and the Regal, acknowledging that they have design flaws but able to overlook them for the many wonderful positive additions. However reading about the Majestic where they took away the walking/ jogging circuit, the Retreat Pool, the lovely Horizon Terrace seating, and Crooners, to name a few, it would make it a harder sell for us. I hope it is successful for them in these markets.