LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

Hi Britcruzer15, I think I'm in the same cruise as you! 29th July from Southampton. It's my first ever cruise so I'm finding this site so helpful. CanadianBurger, I love this post! Can't wait to visit Florence and Pisa especially now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Britcruzer15, I think I'm in the same cruise as you! 29th July from Southampton. It's my first ever cruise so I'm finding this site so helpful. CanadianBurger, I love this post! Can't wait to visit Florence and Pisa especially now!

yes we are!

1st Cruise, great itinery to start with! - be prepared to book another, and another and another!. Loving the OP's reports and this ship looks amazing, regretting not booking it :(.

Thanks for the great review. Since Princess have just announced that Majestic will be coming to Australia in September 2018, I'm curious to know how the bars work for pre- and post-dinner drinks. With no Crooners on deck 7 it could get very crowded in the other bars. How much seating is there around the Bellini Bar? Would you be able to post a wider shot photo of that area, please?

Yes, the Crown Bar was very busy in the evenings last week as it had to cater for everyone on the Promenade deck - we had to wait a long time to get drinks around 8pm and nearly missed entertainment events as a result.

Sandra

Yes, the Crown Bar was very busy in the evenings last week as it had to cater for everyone on the Promenade deck - we had to wait a long time to get drinks around 8pm and nearly missed entertainment events as a result.

Sandra

Thanks, Sandra. Definitely potential mutiny material there. ;p

Thanks Cburg. I am on this cruise and thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks for letting us know about the juice and tea as we were told it was not included and wouldn't have asked again. I have not experienced any lines for drinks anywhere and all of the shore visits have been quick and painless. In fact the only wait we had was one night for anytime dining and it was about 30 minutes so we had a couple of vinos at vines. This week is going way too fast!!!

Thanks for the great review. Since Princess have just announced that Majestic will be coming to Australia in September 2018, I'm curious to know how the bars work for pre- and post-dinner drinks. With no Crooners on deck 7 it could get very crowded in the other bars. How much seating is there around the Bellini Bar? Would you be able to post a wider shot photo of that area, please?

We have switched to Bellini's as our hangout spot since there is no Crooner's. There are about 8 seats. I'll post a wider shot later. Joana has become our favorite bartender. She used to work at Crooners on her last ship, so she knows all the drinks. I've been ordering all my favourite martinis with no problems. There's no martini menu though. Is it a bad sign that I know most of the Crooner's "Martoonis" by heart?

One piece of advice, and I'm trying to phrase this delicately: don't order drinks with more than one ingredient from a Chinese bartender. It seems they're all in training, and are somewhat clueless about western mixed drinks. I've seen several irate passengers return drinks that were not made correctly.

My idea of hell on earth is going to the mall, but not wanting to disappoint my loyal CC readers, I ventured into the Shops of Princess, which were, to no surprise, mostly deserted. I guess it makes sense on a China-based vessel, but a waste of space for me... 94abe0b31b8b8175bbf0a713b75a3e5a.jpg

d279a50d2e9eab13901574884ac2b1fc.jpg

0d2f85a33f22e8c713d8547b6c1a7c92.jpg

be5c35e3e5e4b41390a8f3503d543fdc.jpg

eca5fd8d4fbf6c1b30d1e0142ec369e8.jpg

97b02bc9c261ee129c69b9f8249ae9a7.jpg

A shot of the Piazza from behind the Champagne Waterfall. 9f72d31c398f5d43b615c6da539a24a3.jpg

They're selling the all-inclusive photography package on board for $249. Sure makes me glad I bought it during the sale earlier this year online for $99. This is the first time I've bought the package, so we're getting our photo taken every possible opportunity. The face recognition system seems to be working well so far. The prints are automatically delivered to your stateroom each night, and are supplied digitally at the end of the cruise. You can view your photos at any of the screens in the photo gallery be entering your cabin number and birthdate. Eventually they hope to be able to display them on your tablet or smartphone. You can already order breakfast and Future Cruise Deposits from your phone.

Wonderful day. Got off the ship in Toulon, took a taxi to the train station and boarded the TGV for a trip to Marsaille. 49414a03c8b876663c39e2872525998a.jpg

We hired a guide to take us on a private walking tour of the old city. He was fantastic and we learned a lot of the history. 2a1a62ae0c56b7d0949e15744e7d795f.jpg

bc60c46aa2d36ce21ec6164060016ea5.jpg

472444731ed314b486ba83d0ee81ac4b.jpg

1101459fa34a4d2d0ab5dedda1d44e53.jpg

fd1a9c2152060521f49533caba0047dd.jpg

Eleven more days and we will be on the beautiful Majestic. Thank you for your review and great photos. In the main dining room is it allow to order more then one dish off the Princess Favorites and Starters, Soups & Salad. I enjoy these selections more then the main course.

Eleven more days and we will be on the beautiful Majestic. Thank you for your review and great photos. In the main dining room is it allow to order more then one dish off the Princess Favorites and Starters, Soups & Salad. I enjoy these selections more then the main course.

On all the other Princess ships you can order any quantity of whatever strikes your fancy. Can't imagine it would be different on the Majestic.