No more adult only aft pools?

On the other hand, there have been so many changes where the standard response on this board has been " It doesn't bother me so it shouldn't bother you"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To paraphrase Cohen, Hallelujah. And amen. Most of the cutbacks and changes in the last 5 years have impacted my enjoyment. "It doesn't bother me," and "it's simply providing more options" seem to be favorite phrases.

In that spirit I say this only offers more options for families with children.

Our first cruise is upcoming - a delayed honeymoon. While I'm slightly put out to learn of the policy change regarding the adults only pool, I'm moving on with my plans. Since the adult's only pool is out, where's the next best cool spot on the ship for a bit of quiet and crowd avoidance. Can we take drinks into the library?
I'm not sure what ship you're sailing, but if it's a Conquest-class ship I love the outside deck 3 area. It's shaded and never crowded, and puts you closer to the water than any other spot on the ship. (They do close if if the weather doesn't cooperate.) You can access it from the lobby.

This has been a slow trend. Each ship that gets the updated slides lose the adult only pool. I asked JH about it a couple of years ago, don't remember about which ship. His answer was that they took the kids only pool at the bottom of old slides away with this new upgrade. They really felt that only two pools on a ship, they couldn't make one adult only. It's just finally being realized by cruisers. On conquest last fall and that's the way it was. Also Vista. Now it's on all the upgraded ships. In my opinion people are just catching on, but been around awhile, that ship sailed!!

This has been a slow trend. Each ship that gets the updated slides lose the adult only pool. I asked JH about it a couple of years ago, don't remember about which ship. His answer was that they took the kids only pool at the bottom of old slides away with this new upgrade. They really felt that only two pools on a ship, they couldn't make one adult only. It's just finally being realized by cruisers. On conquest last fall and that's the way it was. Also Vista. Now it's on all the upgraded ships. In my opinion people are just catching on, but been around awhile, that ship sailed!!

When did Conquest lose the pool by the slide? It still has the old tornado type slide.

I actually never walked over there. Was on in Sept.

Last two cruises I didn't spend much time at the pool because of this.

It was still there, you just didn't see it. Now if ever there were an underutilized pool, that was it. Tucked in and out of the way. I don't know how many times I walked past even on Glory without even noticing it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Many people in this thread say that kids act crazy or misbehave in the pool. Can you please explain this to me? I have never seen this on any cruise I have been on. I sit on the edge of the pool and watch my children at all times. I don't like to be splash but it happens. I don't expect to sit near a pool and not ever get splashed.

Please keep adult only pools. Other lines have signs children in this pool, many times they are closed for cleaning the feces or urine that children have put in the pool. You can tell them get out to use the bathroom, no, too easy to go in the water. No quiet,

If I want to be with families I will go NCL or Disney, I'm on a cruise,make it serene with Serenity,Adults only,then have a Family pool with yellow water,I've seen it

9800ec4bd1d9f8cbc22565ed477f2f9a.jpgthis is the pool on deck 10 that is disappearing from the ships with slide upgrades. This picture is from Glory.

Yes that is correct. Conquest still has it. Guessing it will be replaced when she goes to dry dock in Oct if they are installing Waterworks. So far Glory is the only Conquest Class that has had this happen already.

When they came and relaxed the rules on formal night I said nothing and formal night was gone.

When they came and the took the tablecloths I said nothing and the tablecloths were gone.

When they allowed shorts in the MDR I said nothing and soon the MDR looked like Friday night at Chili's in Texas in August.

When they came and downgraded to "The American Table" I said nothing and now the food blows.

Now they've come and farked up the only pool I use and there is nobody else left to help me fight.

Boy do I feel lucky to be on the Fascination this summer...as a non-parent young adult, I appreciate(d) the Serenity deck with no kids!
Being on a Carnival ship with a Serenity area is no big deal. They are on 22 out of 24 ships in the fleet. The only ships without it are the Triumph and the Conquest and the Conquest will get a brand new one during it's September 2017 dry dock that will rival or possibly outshine the three deck version on the Sunshine.

Many people in this thread say that kids act crazy or misbehave in the pool. Can you please explain this to me? I have never seen this on any cruise I have been on. I sit on the edge of the pool and watch my children at all times. I don't like to be splash but it happens. I don't expect to sit near a pool and not ever get splashed.
Could I please take a toke off of whatever it is that you're smoking? You mean to tell me you have never seen a bunch of kids in a hot tub with snorkels and masks? Been on 29 cruises over 31 years, 18 of them on Carnival. I've seen it on Carnival, NCL, RCI, and to a much lesser extent on Celebrity....and that's parents taking a vacation from parenting. They don't realize that's it's a 24/7 365 days a year job for 18 years that they got hooked into because they wanted to bring their precious little angels into this world. Countless times they are lounging by the pool and drinking their frozen fruity drinks while their ill mannered children run rampant. Do you think people are making it up regarding the nonsense at the ice cream machines, elevators and other areas of the ship? Take your blinders off please.

And your last statement is true because the only place on Carnival that you'll be able to sit near a pool and not possibly get splashed are the Serenity areas on Pride and Sunshine and future Serenity area on Conquest. As well as the Havana areas on Vista and Horizon. Five ships out of a fleet of 25. 20% of the fleet adults only pools ( and that's a stretch since Havana is 12+).....80% of the fleet...kids rule. :mad:

It's not just splashing. Kids yell and scream and make noise. Granted, this is standard kid behavior. Which is why it's nice to have a pool away from all of that.

Carnival at this point is marketing towards the blue cards, those who are first time cruisers. They will inadvertently accept the funship special as they are exploring the ship on embarkation day and then will be taken aback when they need to hand over their sail & sign card to pay for the "free" drink. They will buy the pictures, and go on Carnival excursions and play bingo and do most of the other frivolous things that experienced cruisers either no longer do or do at a cheaper rate.

I hate when this self-righteous hierarchy of cruising rears its ugly head. You've been on more cruises than us so we're just low class passengers down in steerage who don't know what we're doing. We've been on one cruise, with a second now booked, and I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit we're beginners. Even so, there's a lot to cruising that can be all figured out just from one cruise. Much of it isn't that difficult to learn. Shoot, I knew things about cruising on our first one that a couple who went with us didn't even know, and they've cruised several times. Because I like to research my vacations ahead of time and I discovered things they didn't realize or things they knew and thought they'd teach us, but I had already learned. You turn your nose up at "blue cards" (if creating a cute little term for first timers makes you guys feel superior, so be it) and imply that they are the only ones who partake in things such as photos, excursions, & bingo...activities you deem "frivolous." Are you so sure about that? So then, which types of entertainment are more suited for you high-society experienced cruisers? To say they are taken aback when discovering they have to hand over their S&S cards for the "free" drink, you seem to be implying that they are somehow less of a cruiser than you just because they're new and aren't aware of how some of the things work. Everyone starts as a beginner, even you. There's no need to try to make anyone feel lesser just because they haven't gone on as many as you.

You are certainly inferring many things about my post and nowhere in the paragraph above did I imply anything about steerage class or being a "high-society experienced cruiser." First of all, I did not create the "cute little term" blue cards. That is Carnival's way of distinguishing first time cruisers. The color of your sail and sign card is related directly to your VIFP status. Blue is your first cruise, Red is up to 24 days, Gold up to 74 days, Platinum up to 199 days and Diamond is 200+. First time cruisers will spend money because it's all new to them. Carnival knows this and that is why they are marketing towards them. It is frivolous to pay more on an excursion on Carnival than a comparable one independently. Besides the cost differentiation, more often than not the groups size is smaller as well.

The drink thing on Lido is just from observations on various cruises I have taken watching others on embarkation day when newbies learn about the "nuances" of cruising. Sorry that you got your panties all in a ball and I did not mean to offend you, all I was doing was making an observation about past cruises and also a hypothesis as to Carnivals marketing decisions based upon my cruising on them 18 times over 31 years.

Recently read on another thread that a first timer was disappointed that she was eating all of her meals in the buffet because she did not realize that the MDR meals were included and she thought that she would have to pay extra for them. Have to really empathize about that situation.