No more adult only aft pools?

firemanbob'swife--I just went to check cruisedeckplans for Celebrity Reflection after your mention of it. I picked cabin 9322 to check. Saw the grossest thing! On the bathroom shelves the toothbrushes were in a glass and right next to them was a toilet bowl brush nearing touching them!

OK I had to go back and look at the pics on my laptop as I couldn't get them all to load on my phone. That is not a toilet brush. It's a bottle brush. The people in the cabin have a toddler as evidenced by the picture of it in the stroller by the bed. I'm guessing it still drinks out of a bottle so they need a way to clean them. Dang, I should have been a detective! :D

There's nothing family friendly at the lido pool on warm days at sea.

We've sailed two dozen times since the big screens and DJ's pushing 100 decibels replaced the lido deck bands and the loud music, drinks and buckets of beer in the pool, dancing on the benches, etc is borderline bawdy. It's no place for a family with young girls.

Carnival doesn't give a damn about it, and knows this sells drinks. So they threw a bone at those that want their kids in a less than fraternity pool party by changing the aft pool policy.

There's nothing more to this, those that wanted an adult pool area lost, and the Serenity Deck chairs are full of towels, sandals or a book by 7:30am.

Been there, seen it. We're diamond in July, not sure when the next one will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am all for an Adults Only area on any cruise I take. If Carnival is eliminating outdoor Adults Only area, I will need to move to another cruise line Even Disney has Adults only areas

The Spirit class ships and the Sunshine are the only current ships to have pools in the adults only Serenity area. The Splendor is getting one in September during dry dock. The only other options in the fleet is the Vista and under construction Horizon with their Havana area, which is available for those staying in 64 Havana cabins till 700 pm each day. You need to be 12+ to stay in one of those cabins. Has gotten rave reviews so far. Located on deck 5 aft and consists of a pool, 2 hot tubs and various types of loungers and padded chairs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The Spirit class ships and the Sunshine are the only current ships to have pools in the adults only Serenity area. The Splendor is getting one in September during dry dock. The only other options in the fleet is the Vista and under construction Horizon with their Havana area, which is available for those staying in 64 Havana cabins till 700 pm each day. You need to be 12+ to stay in one of those cabins. Has gotten rave reviews so far. Located on deck 5 aft and consists of a pool, 2 hot tubs and various types of loungers and padded chairs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The Splendor is not going into dry dock in September. I believe you meant the Conquest. Splendor was sold to China and will be going sometime in 2018.

What issues do you have NCL's policies?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do we have enough time for this? ;p

1. 18% gratuities instead of 15% as on Carnival.

2. Charging gratuities on supposedly "free" packages and making said packages very high in cost to inflate the gratuities (last I looked, drink package on NCL was $79.95 a day where almost everyone else is in the mid 50s).

3. Charging gratuities in the specialty restaurants on top of the cost of the meal.

4. Making several specialty restaurants ala carte now.

5. Not allowing soda to be brought on board in any container. Even though they serve Pepsi products they still don't carry Diet Mountain Dew on board, only regular. Not that I would spend $2.50 for a DMD even if they did have it.

6. Placing the big screen at the back of the ship instead of in the middle thereby blocking the aft view.

7. During a week on the Epic they only showed a total of 3 movies on our cruise. Most evenings they used the area for special parties such as the White Party. They also played screen savers quite often when they could have actually had a movie or news or a concert or something else on.

8. Freestyle dining.

9. Very poor service (IMO) in the MDRs. IMO to push people to the specialty restaurants.

10. Charging for all room service.

11. Building huge ships with tiny cabins (Epic Inside was 128sf).

This should give you an inkling as to why NCL is my least favorite line. I haven't sworn off of them but I use NCL only when no other alternative is available (such as for Hawaii next year). I was very lucky to be able to cancel my Jade cruise last year after the soda crap came out 94 days before my cruise was to start (for me, I had to cancel 91 days out to not lose anything). My last cruise on the Sun was the first time I have ever modified my DSC because of the change with the gratuities at specialty restaurants right before that cruise. To me, they keep making one bad decision right after another. There are also non-policy based concerns I have with them such as the comparative food quality between MDRs, comparitive food quality in the buffet, pizza that is the worst I have ever tasted (even Sorrentos on RCCL tastes better than NCL's pizza), the toilet set up on the Epic, and on and on and on.

Edited by Computer Nerd

OK I had to go back and look at the pics on my laptop as I couldn't get them all to load on my phone. That is not a toilet brush. It's a bottle brush. The people in the cabin have a toddler as evidenced by the picture of it in the stroller by the bed. I'm guessing it still drinks out of a bottle so they need a way to clean them. Dang, I should have been a detective! :D

You should have. How'd you figure that out? Odd bottle brush, mine had long skinny bristles. Now I'm just laughing.

You should have. How'd you figure that out? Odd bottle brush, mine had long skinny bristles. Now I'm just laughing.

Well I figured that was the weirdest looking toilet brush I had ever seen. The handle was too short, and it was up right next to the guest's toothbrushes. So I kept thinking, "What could it be?" A hair brush? No. Make up brush? I don't know what you would expect to put on with that! But whatever it was, the guests put it there. Then I looked again at the other pics. Viola! The baby!! My bottle brushes were long and skinny too, but it seems like bottle shapes have gotten shorter and fatter these days. Could also be used for sippy cups I suppose.

I think it Norwegian that has the haven that if you have the special key or something there's your own area of pools, coffee, tea, soda, whatever else you want to ask for. It's one of the things that my Daughter and I want to do. Get ourselves on a Norwegian cruise ship that has the haven. From what I've heard and read. OMG AWESOMENESS! Like I said Own restaurant, pool, then they even in the haven suites? They have adjustable beds. Don't know that for fact. Just know that's what someone told me once is all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think it Norwegian that has the haven that if you have the special key or something there's your own area of pools, coffee, tea, soda, whatever else you want to ask for. It's one of the things that my Daughter and I want to do. Get ourselves on a Norwegian cruise ship that has the haven. From what I've heard and read. OMG AWESOMENESS! Like I said Own restaurant, pool, then they even in the haven suites? They have adjustable beds. Don't know that for fact. Just know that's what someone told me once is all.

Haven is the "first class" section of the ship that has its own restaurant, lounge sundeck and small pool. It is not adults only. All the rooms are suites or mini suites and, of course, it's premium priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a video about the MSC Yacht Club, which is a more economical version of the haven and many have suggested an even better experience. On the new Seaside, which is debuting in Miami in December, they even have a handful of inside cabins. It's a ship within a ship concept, with your own dedicated area that includes a restaurant, lounge, bar, pool area and all drinks are included as well. It just changed on April 1 to include those drinks ship wide. Prices for two in an inside are under 1300 pp, so total out the door including tips, taxes and airfare should run around 3500 or so.

Here is a video about the MSC Yacht Club, which is a more economical version of the haven and many have suggested an even better experience. On the new Seaside, which is debuting in Miami in December, they even have a handful of inside cabins. It's a ship within a ship concept, with your own dedicated area that includes a restaurant, lounge, bar, pool area and all drinks are included as well. It just changed on April 1 to include those drinks ship wide. Prices for two in an inside are under 1300 pp, so total out the door including tips, taxes and airfare should run around 3500 or so.

Awww, snap. I'm going to have to seriously look into this!