Barcelona disembarking gates?

gatour

Post Freedom of the Seas cruise in May, I have arranged for a private transfer from the ship to our hotel. I just received an email from the taxi company...

"Freedom of the Seas is a very large cruiser with two different disembarking gates. In order to provide your pick-up you are kindly requested to confirm your disembarking gate."

I have sailed out of BCN before (8 years ago) on a Princess ship. I don't recall two disembarking gates, so am not sure how to respond.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Post Freedom of the Seas cruise in May, I have arranged for a private transfer from the ship to our hotel. I just received an email from the taxi company...

"Freedom of the Seas is a very large cruiser with two different disembarking gates. In order to provide your pick-up you are kindly requested to confirm your disembarking gate."

I have sailed out of BCN before (8 years ago) on a Princess ship. I don't recall two disembarking gates, so am not sure how to respond.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Does this help? http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2033&faqSubjectId=331

When we cruised on Oasis from Barcelona they used both terminals to embark/disembark. Half the ship was given one terminal and half the other depending on cabin numbers. I think it told us which terminal we were using on the setsail pass.

We have always found Barcelona to be one of the best ports of all to cruise from, very efficient.

Julie

I thought when we were on Liberty they only used one terminal ?

When we on Harmony they used 2 terminals but that is due to the size of the ship!

I wonder if the taxi company is thinking things are going to be the same as Harmony last year, which I don't expect them to be based on my past experience

We used Barcelona 3 times in 2016 on Harmony and the terminals RC have are 2&3.Usually it is only terminal 2. NCL Epic had terminal 1 which is the first terminal over the bridge from las Ramblas Barcelona city centre.

43 cruises and counting.

I think they are getting confused with Oasis class which boarded the front of the ship from one terminal and the back of the ship from another. Freedom class have always used just the one terminal.

lb4-M.jpg

We have departed from terminal 2 every time.

43 cruises and counting.

Thanks everyone.

Based on your input, I replied them to them that we will most likely will be using only Terminal 2. I did mention to them that they may have been thinking of the Harmony last year.

One of the reasons, I agreed to do this trip (we had other vacation plans for this year), was the fact we were sailing out of Barcelona. I fell in love with the city 8 years ago, so one of things I told my wife is for me to agree to this trip is that we will be flying in a few days early. :)

Again thanks, for all of your input.

Are you notified prior to your cruise which terminal?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Yes it should be on your port information.We have sailed out of Barcelona about 10 times always from terminal 2 with RC.

There is a big taxi stand outside for when you get off the ship too.

43 cruises and counting.

Thanks everyone.

Based on your input, I replied them to them that we will most likely will be using only Terminal 2. I did mention to them that they may have been thinking of the Harmony last year.

One of the reasons, I agreed to do this trip (we had other vacation plans for this year), was the fact we were sailing out of Barcelona. I fell in love with the city 8 years ago, so one of things I told my wife is for me to agree to this trip is that we will be flying in a few days early. :)

Again thanks, for all of your input.

Great idea to have a few days in Barcelona beforehand.

43 cruises and counting.

There are plenty of taxis outside the terminal and they should be a fixed price to the port(39 euros) which is only about 20 minutes away.

When returning from Terminal 2 to the airport or a hotel there are lots of taxis waiting.

You can go online if you want a private transfer and pay when you book but if you are not short on time Barcelona has hundreds of taxis licensed by the council so are safe.

43 cruises and counting.