Carnival Sunshine Review April 15th, 2017

jmoore2718

I plan to post a full review with photos on to Cruise Critic. If you have any questions about the ship to be answered or pictures to be posted, please let me know. I will have Wi-Fi while on board and while sometimes it can be unreliable, I've been so fortunate with it in the past! Thanks and enjoy the review

You are awesome! I can't wait! We're sailing on Feb 10, 2018. Can you find out a few things for me? Which dining room is Anytime dining, and if it's not the Sunrise, will they allow you to request the Sunrise dining room if you have Anytime dining? What days are the 2 elegant nights? How are the cabin temperatures? I've heard things about them being uncomfortably hot. Will the Steakhouse allow you to enjoy some drinks at the bar without eating dinner in the Steakhouse?

Thank you so much!

You are awesome! I can't wait! We're sailing on Feb 10, 2018. Can you find out a few things for me? Which dining room is Anytime dining, and if it's not the Sunrise, will they allow you to request the Sunrise dining room if you have Anytime dining? What days are the 2 elegant nights? How are the cabin temperatures? I've heard things about them being uncomfortably hot. Will the Steakhouse allow you to enjoy some drinks at the bar without eating dinner in the Steakhouse?

Thank you so much!

I can't answer the other questions, but as for the room temp, ours was definitely warm. I don't think I would say uncomfortably hot, but we had the AC maxed the entire cruise and our room stayed pretty warm. I just cruised in early March. Hope that helps!

Could you see if there are booth tables for 4 at the railing in the set time dining room (aft?)

Also, if you happen to go to the steakhouse, if you could get a pic of the wines by the glass list?

Not sure if you have kids, but I'm also interested in the camp Ocean activities and/or room, particularly for the penguins (2-5) group.

Appreciate anything you can do, have a great trip, and looking forward to your review!

Thank you so much!

I so know that the Sunrise Dining Room is the Anytime Dining Room. I will find out about the elegant nights. Cabin Temperatures were perfect on our last cruise on the Sunshine but will check when we board on the 15th. No, you cannot use the steakhouse bar unless you dine in the Steakhouse

I plan to post a full review with photos on to Cruise Critic. If you have any questions about the ship to be answered or pictures to be posted, please let me know. I will have Wi-Fi while on board and while sometimes it can be unreliable, I've been so fortunate with it in the past! Thanks and enjoy the review

Can you see if Javorka is the bartender at Alchemy? And how long she will be there? Not cruising until October, but she was my favorite bartender on my last cruise and I had heard that she got reassigned to Sunshine.

Enjoy your cruise!!

You can most definitely get drinks at the bar in the Steakhouse without eating there. Must be dressed appropriately

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We enjoyed drinks at the Steakhouse bar on SunShine. It's off to the left as you enter.

I am glad that is still available.

Javorka the Alchemy Bar tender leaves in Grand Turk today to go home. The cruise so far has been AMAZING! The first two days at sea were a little rough but we managed. The room is a REALLY good size for an Interior Stateroom. I 100% recommend 2126 to anyone who cruises on the sunshine. Staff has gone above and beyond on this cruise to make it wonderful despite the adverse weather situations. The ship is very modern itself. I myself cruised on the ship when it was the destiny and the only places you can see the old ship is the elevator bays. The ship is crowded but you learn how to manage it after a couple of days. More to come SOON when I get to sea

Javorka the Alchemy Bar tender leaves in Grand Turk today to go home. The cruise so far has been AMAZING! The first two days at sea were a little rough but we managed. The room is a REALLY good size for an Interior Stateroom. I 100% recommend 2126 to anyone who cruises on the sunshine. Staff has gone above and beyond on this cruise to make it wonderful despite the adverse weather situations. The ship is very modern itself. I myself cruised on the ship when it was the destiny and the only places you can see the old ship is the elevator bays. The ship is crowded but you learn how to manage it after a couple of days. More to come SOON when I get to sea������������

Thank you so much for checking. I am sorry your weather has been yucky but glad you are having a good time!! Enjoy the rest!

• 3 weeks later...

Chefs Table was held three nights on our cruise. The Main Dining Room food was fantastic. We had the best waiter ever. I will post a review within a week. I have been so busy with work and college. I'm so sorry that it has taken so long

We are also in Concord, NC! We just booked Sunshine for June 4. It will be our first Carnival cruise after 23 years of Royal Caribbean. We wanted to try something different and this ship looks really nice. We are following along with our "neighbor" from Concord.

• 1 month later...
Can you see if Javorka is the bartender at Alchemy? And how long she will be there? Not cruising until October, but she was my favorite bartender on my last cruise and I had heard that she got reassigned to Sunshine.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Javorka the Alchemy Bar tender leaves in Grand Turk today to go home. The cruise so far has been AMAZING! The first two days at sea were a little rough but we managed. The room is a REALLY good size for an Interior Stateroom. I 100% recommend 2126 to anyone who cruises on the sunshine. Staff has gone above and beyond on this cruise to make it wonderful despite the adverse weather situations. The ship is very modern itself. I myself cruised on the ship when it was the destiny and the only places you can see the old ship is the elevator bays. The ship is crowded but you learn how to manage it after a couple of days. More to come SOON when I get to sea������������

Thank you so much for checking. I am sorry your weather has been yucky but glad you are having a good time!! Enjoy the rest!

I am confused by this because I cruised the Sunshine April 23rd-April 28th and Javorka was on board. We are actually good friends and I know for a fact that she is still on the Sunshine until December.

I am confused by this because I cruised the Sunshine April 23rd-April 28th and Javorka was on board. We are actually good friends and I know for a fact that she is still on the Sunshine until December.

We were on the Sunshine this past June. Is Javorka the blonde lady?