Steakhouse Reservation non acknowledged

moongal

I submitted a steakhouse reservation via the website a couple of weeks ago. When I did a little pop up came and said I would be notified when my reservation had been finalized. I have not had any communication at all regarding my reservation.

I haven't ever done the steakhouse before so not really sure how this works. I called Carnival and the person I talked to on the phone said just resubmit it that there was no way to follow up on it.

So will I just keep having to re-submit over and over? Do they ever send you a confirmation? Am I trying to reserve too far in advance? We sail in June on the Valor.

Thank you to all the helpful people who keep answering my myriad questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the same thing happen to us for our next cruise. We ended up sending 4 separate emails and never received a response. Ended up calling our PVP and telling him the issue. We received an email the next day verify our reservation. Oddly we also have 3 other cabins that are booked on the cruise with us all received a response within 48 hours of their initial reservations...

My cruise is 488 days away :(. We booked the steakhouse for the first night of the cruise for the free wine (or shall I say the 50% off bottle). We booked online and the next business day we had a confirmation in our email:D. I say try again its not like they will be able to book you multiple times for the same day/time....LoL or maybe they can then you will have the place all to yourselves for that time slot.:eek:

Sailed on the Breeze in March, started trying to reserve the steakhouse about 3 months before the sailing. Tried 4 times through their website, each attempt separated by a few weeks, never got a response.

Figured....welp, too bad, they don't want the extra money. Got on the ship and the room steward delivered our reservation card on the first night. So apparently they had gotten the reservation requests and just never acknowledged them.

I submitted a request last Monday and received a confirmation on Tuesday. Quick Turnaround. Do the requests go thru a central booking type system, or to each individual ship? If they go thru each ship, then some may not respond quite as well as others.

Another question, if I never get a confirmation, I am just going to assume I don't have a reservation. If for some reason they DO have me down, and I don't show up (because I didn't know!) will I still be charged? I don't want to have to fuss with chasing down some maitre de on embarkation day to check if they have me down or not, but I also don't want to get charged for being a no show.

Another question, if I never get a confirmation, I am just going to assume I don't have a reservation. If for some reason they DO have me down, and I don't show up (because I didn't know!) will I still be charged? I don't want to have to fuss with chasing down some maitre de on embarkation day to check if they have me down or not, but I also don't want to get charged for being a no show.

No you won't be charged if you are a no show. They only bill at the end of the meal. You should get a card in your cabin so no need to chase down anyone, though a trip to the steakhouse is not the same as trying to meet the maitre de for MDR seating. We usually walk around the ship that first afternoon just to check it out and there's never been a crowd at the steakhouse like there can be at the MDR.

For cruisers experiencing delays in acknowledging a reservation, it may depend more on your cruise history than an omission by the Steakhouse. If there are only a few slots open, especially on the 1st night, they may be holding those slots for diamond and platinum who get guaranteed and preferred seatings.

I'm guessing that red and blue card holders may not get a quick response in these cases. It would probably be worse if they overbook and then have to bump someone off their original date and time.

I sent 2 reservation requests through carnival.com and never got a response. Like others I have always received a quick confirmation on several previous cruises. Finally emailed the maitre d and I was told they had not received any reservation requests from me. Very gracious email to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums