Complaint letter

alallison06

Hi!

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to send a complaint letter to Carnival? I sent an e-mail to the general customer service e-mail and received one of those "we will respond within 7 days" responses, but that time has passed and still no word.

Long story short - my husband and I just spent our honeymoon in a wet, foul smelling room because the room flooded from a plumbing issue above us. Water, along with black/brown particles, came up through the drains. Horrible foul smell. Several inches of water that flooded not only the bathroom, but also our cabin that kept the carpet wet the entire trip. Ruined our suitcases that were under the bed, got snapped at, and even yelled at, by several members of customer service when we tried asking questions, asked to be moved and were blatantly ignored...

Sounds like Carnival. Your complaint will be ignored at all levels.

Jeez..that is awful. Totally unacceptable and unsanitary to say the least. A blast on twitter might get you some attention as well. I am sorry that happened to you especially with it being your honeymoon. The way Carnival handled it was poor. I would be going up the chain on this one.

Jeez..that is awful. Totally unacceptable and unsanitary to say the least. A blast on twitter might get you some attention as well. I am sorry that happened to you especially with it being your honeymoon. The way Carnival handled it was poor. I would be going up the chain on this one.

This thread is quite old now (25 Apr 2017) - good advice for the next time, perhaps, but OBE by now for the OP.

I have not read many of your responses, but I will ask this question, and more than likely it is too late, and I'm sorry you went through this. We went through almost "4" days without luggage, other than what we had with us.

Did you take out any type (I know you were NOT planning on anything going wrong) of insurance to cover any type of problems you might have had on the cruise? The reason I ask, since we fly, I always take out insurance to cover the flying and the cruise. There has been more than one time that I was happy that I had taken it out.

I think the least Carnival should have moved you to another room, or something like that, but if you read Carnival's "long" policy, there are a lot of stipulations, etc. that most people do not read that covers them.

How did it appear? Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It appears zzmmmommy re-animated the dormant thread earlier today.

I have no issue with that, I do it myself to ask related questions, but I usually make sure to indicate the thread is old. In this, yeah, sometimes a post in a thread can look like new stuff, when it is in fact ancient history (in terms of forum posts).

Please ignore BoDidly as most of us do here. John is a sweet guy and will get your comments to the people who can help you. I suggest you do contact him .

I do agree with BoDidly...... Heard will listen but you need to address your complaint to the Carnival company office.... Let them know you were not happy and what will they do to fix it. ( NOTHING UNDER YOUR MONEY BACK AND 2 FREE 7 DAY CRUISES IN THE FUTURE)

Sorry- I didn't even realize I did that. Oops!

It appears zzmmmommy re-animated the dormant thread earlier today.

I have no issue with that, I do it myself to ask related questions, but I usually make sure to indicate the thread is old. In this, yeah, sometimes a post in a thread can look like new stuff, when it is in fact ancient history (in terms of forum posts).