Haven Requests NCL Escape

andymattmom

What type of things do you request prior to cruise? I have seen pillows, afternoon snacks, extra coffee or tea, refrig to be emptied. What types of things have you asked for (we have our reservations for shows and our excursions booked).

Thanks

On Getaway about 2 weeks out I sent an email to request my fridge be stocked with 6 Heinikens and 6 cans of Diet coke. We also requested a meat and cheese tray at 4pm every day. Everything we asked for we received. Our butler did have us sign for the beer and soda. Love The Haven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

What type of things do you request prior to cruise? I have seen pillows, afternoon snacks, extra coffee or tea, refrig to be emptied. What types of things have you asked for (we have our reservations for shows and our excursions booked).

Thanks

After sailing many times in suites and Havens rooms, we have decided that the preconcierge is useless.

It is infinitely better to get to know your butler and room steward and let them know what you want. Make that bond in embarkation day.

Ahhh the Haven. Such good memories.

We asked for BLT and turkey sandwiches, gummie bears, m&m peanuts, meat and cheese tray, pitcher of lemon aide, extra sugar and cream and ice everyday.

Your butler will supply with you anything that is in their means. Enjoy your Haven experience!

After sailing many times in suites and Havens rooms, we have decided that the preconcierge is useless.

It is infinitely better to get to know your butler and room steward and let them know what you want. Make that bond in embarkation day.

Our butler, steward and concierge thanked us repeatedly for requesting things through the pre-concierge. Things like our pillow choices, extra duvet, our bar setups, soft drinks, coffee and coffee condiments, etc. the butler especially said it took a lot of pressure off of him to prepare early before we boarded and to have them waiting for us.

This was a win-win. Embarkation day the butlers are so busy scrambling to meet all their suite pax and learn their wants and needs. For us, we didn't have to wait for anything. Everything we requested was done! All we had to do on day one was arrange the snacks that each of the 3 of us wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're in the Haven thru the upgrade program, how do the pre-concierge requests work?

Same as others booked in Haven - email or call them. If you are sailing this weekend though you could be too late or they don't have enough time to get things organized so you can just deal with it on the ship.

When you make requests for food and beverages what is included and what would cost extra?

Ahhh the Haven. Such good memories.

We asked for BLT and turkey sandwiches, gummie bears, m&m peanuts, meat and cheese tray, pitcher of lemon aide, extra sugar and cream and ice everyday.

Your butler will supply with you anything that is in their means. Enjoy your Haven experience!

When you make requests for food and beverages what is included and what would cost extra?

Nothing

The only thing that would come with a charge is specialty dining foods and bar drinks. Anything else you want is free. Choose from the main ding room menu, room service menu or Havens restaurant menu.

Below is a free breakfast. Served by your butler on a white table cloth.

2334dfbc958308a0a200a28d12829ed8.jpg

Eggs over easy, omelette, filet steak, ham, bacon, breakfast potatoes, hash brown, grilled tomato, mushrooms, breakfast, fresh fruit, juice.

Edited by BirdTravels

I haven't had good luck with the pre-concierge with previous cruises. Although I don't ask for much, I've asked for my fridge to be emptied....and so far, that's not happened except the one time I was in a GV. I'm hoping I will have better luck with the Escape! :confused:

The pre concierge from the UK was useless, first we didn't get offered it so we'd to contact Miami. This is how we got to know the UK and Europe customer service director as she stepped in personally when Miami transferred it to her. She organised someone to sort the pillow choice etc and when we got onboard, nothing had been arranged. We found it better to speak to the butler onboard and it worked just great. Tbh we were just happy to have the coffee machine topped up with beans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
On Getaway about 2 weeks out I sent an email to request my fridge be stocked with 6 Heinikens and 6 cans of Diet coke. We also requested a meat and cheese tray at 4pm every day. Everything we asked for we received. Our butler did have us sign for the beer and soda. Love The Haven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Did you get Diet Coke and not Diet Pepsi? I believe they normally have Pepsi on NCL. Just wondering if I can really pre-request Diet Coke and get it.

My pre-Concierge requests were met last time and I hope they will be met this time as well.

We do the fridge emptying and request pitcher of water and orange juice as well as cream for coffee. Also requested the type of coffee and tea we like and the kinds of snacks we like. Yes to chocolate covered strawberries, but no cheese plates (I'm lactose intolerant).

I also requested more towels for the second bathroom, egg crate mattress for bottom bed in 2nd bedroom and hypoallergenic pillows for master.