Sky News No More - Replaced By BBC HD

megacruiser

Ok I will do a very balanced review of Aurora in the next few days and will post it both on this p&o forum and in reviews. We are doing a short cruise on Britannia later this year or early next as my wife likes Aurora but didn't come with me on Britannia. We will then book for our 50th in 2019..........but which ship? Only time will tell :)

Please do and if you could provide a link to the review on this thread it would be helpful. We are on Aurora for the first time in a few weeks. We love Oriana (so figure we will like Aurora) but we have been spoiled by Britannia the last few cruises and Ventura recently felt like a slightly poor relation in comparison. The TV's and interactive system on Ventura was rubbish compared to the superb large screen, HD quality, comprehensive system on Britannia and I believe that the system on Aurora is even worse! Like others, I am a news junkie and couldn't be without Sky News for weeks on end. That said, we are quite looking forward to a few weeks break from the General Election!

Please do and if you could provide a link to the review on this thread it would be helpful. We are on Aurora for the first time in a few weeks. We love Oriana (so figure we will like Aurora) but we have been spoiled by Britannia the last few cruises and Ventura recently felt like a slightly poor relation in comparison. The TV's and interactive system on Ventura was rubbish compared to the superb large screen, HD quality, comprehensive system on Britannia and I believe that the system on Aurora is even worse! Like others, I am a news junkie and couldn't be without Sky News for weeks on end. That said, we are quite looking forward to a few weeks break from the General Election!

I am putting it together now and will post it up in the next couple of days. So far it's a very fair and balanced review. There is nothing to dislike about Aurora just a few niggly little things which I found noticeable and will mention in my review.

I am putting it together now and will post it up in the next couple of days. So far it's a very fair and balanced review. There is nothing to dislike about Aurora just a few niggly little things which I found noticeable and will mention in my review.

I look forward to your review as I am on her in Decembers xmas market cruise for 10 days, you sound like a very level headed person so it will be nice to get a balanced report.:D

I look forward to your review as I am on her in Decembers xmas market cruise for 10 days, you sound like a very level headed person so it will be nice to get a balanced report.:D

I see you are from Southsea and I'm from Southampton so of course I'm level headed :') The review will be up today ;)

I see you are from Southsea and I'm from Southampton so of course I'm level headed :') The review will be up today ;)

I will keep a look out for it.:)

See you in the Championship after next season then eh;):D

I will keep a look out for it.:)

See you in the Championship after next season then eh;):D

I honestly don't think so on our part but it would be nice to see both Pompey and Bournemouth in the premiership with us at the same time. :)

Review going up this afternoon :)

Or greedy SKY for continually increasing subscriptions :mad:

Dave, have you not read the thread. It's not happening. Both sky news and BBC HD an entertainment channel will be available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Dave, have you not read the thread. It's not happening. Both sky news and BBC HD an entertainment channel will be available.

But it will have to be at the expense of one of the existing channels, BBC World on Azura, because they only have capacity for a limited number of channels on the room TVs.

But it will have to be at the expense of one of the existing channels, BBC World on Azura, because they only have capacity for a limited number of channels on the room TVs.

No John they are being expanded. BBC HD is an extra.

That's not what Megacruiser reported on this very thread post #62.

Dai if your comments are coming from a condensing of Facebook comments then it's no wonder they are so inaccurate.

That's not what Megacruiser reported on this very thread post #62.

Dai if your comments are coming from a condensing of Facebook comments then it's no wonder they are so inaccurate.

And if you do not read all that has been posted you would not make as many mistakes. Nothing to do with FB apart from the statement from P&O.

The position on Azura is temporary and the problems will be resolved.

Please stop jumping to conclusions. My comments are not inaccurate but yours are.

I will read all the thread next time

• 1 month later...

Just to update Dai following our Azura cruise, the TV channels, on Azura at least, are not being expanded, BBC HD has now replaced BBC World leaving exactly the same number of channels as before. Fortunately Sky News and Sky Sports News are still available, but it seems that until there is a major upgrade of on board systems there will be no additional TV channels available; and we all know how slow any IT improvements are on P&O.

Cheers John. BBC world was not all that good having the general entertainment channel BBC HD is better as long as you have Sky News and Sky Sport News.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Much as I dislike SkyNews, I agree, a general entertaiment channel is a bonus if you still have at least one news channel.

Do they run news bulletins on the BBCHD channel? Even if its just at noon, six and ten, it'd be better than nothing.

Much as I dislike SkyNews, I agree, a general entertaiment channel is a bonus if you still have at least one news channel.

Do they run news bulletins on the BBCHD channel? Even if its just at noon, six and ten, it'd be better than nothing.

Just had a look here is the website with the listings for BBC HD day by day.

http://www.bleb.org/tv/channel.html?ch=bbc_hd&=&all&day=2

We came home from Britannia just over a week ago and we had BBCHD, Sky News, Sky Sports and BCC World news. There was also an ITV channel.

ITV? Oh dear.

I assume that, as mentioned by other posters, the Britannia has more channels as her TV system has more capacity. I'd imagine that that choice would not be fleet wide.

Just had a look here is the website with the listings for BBC HD day by day.

http://www.bleb.org/tv/channel.html?ch=bbc_hd&=&all&day=2

Thanks for that. Looks like a reasonable line up, and It does seem like the old BBC Prime just with a pointless rebranding.

BBC Prime or BBC Choice would have made sense. (Admittedly I appriciate that this channel is available in non-English speaking coutries and HD is quite universal).

That being said, it'd be a nice addition - even if there's nothing on to watch its still nice to have the choice.

:D

We got off Oceana this morning, we had BBC news, sky news, itv choice and BBC HD along with sky sports news and Sport 24 channel

Was that definitely BBC news and not BBC World?

Without Sky News that's another nail in Oceana's coffin for us.