Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

We don't sail till Oct. Love your pictures, esp the one of the two of you looking so happy and relaxed. Have a great cruise.

Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and driving to Miami, just as you did. Is the hotel (Circa 39) close to shopping, restaurants, etc? We are trying to decide on a hotel for our July cruise on the Equinox. Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2a8937446d4e47b19665b932b4412d7e.png

Our hotel is on 39th street (the top of the picture) so it's actually around 4miles (just over) to the tip of south beach where the ships pass on their way out of port, the main shopping area (I think [emoji848]) Lincoln Rd Is around half way so around the 2 mile distance, we like to walk so it's cool for us but that may be a decider for others,

Had a little stroll around tonight but didn't come across any decent looking restaurants, I'm sure the majority of them will be at the other end anywhere between Lincoln rd & the other end of south beach by the port,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're on the May 26 cruise with a similar itinerary. I'm interested in feedback on your excursions and excited to follow along. Thanks

The only excursion we are doing is woodwind snorkel @ Bonaire as that's the only place we haven't been to before, the others we are going to a beach to chill out and hopefully catch some rays [emoji41] key west we are just going to walk around and explore as we find it, and of course eat key lime pie [emoji200][emoji39]

The only excursion we are doing is woodwind snorkel @ Bonaire as that's the only place we haven't been to before, the others we are going to a beach to chill out and hopefully catch some rays [emoji41] key west we are just going to walk around and explore as we find it, and of course eat key lime pie [emoji200][emoji39]

Thanks! We're on the waitlist for woodwind in Bonaire! 🚤

So after a decent night sleep at our hotel we decided to hit the beach for a couple of hours, unfortunately it was quite windy so decided we wouldn't go in the sea as it was quite choppy!

5dda51365f581b72563f3659eb904368.jpg32285b3918a7fedc7267c58abf0cfe3b.jpg38d7c8e1f4eea7d251e008f5fd33537e.jpg702026abea1103aa4d2a0e19958ea260.jpga10b68c89138b0210a7549c007554c8c.jpg

Actually after around 15 mins of sitting/laying there we heard some distress calls and it looked like some guy was in trouble from I guess the choppy waters as it looked quite bad around him, luckily 2 people swam out to help him and he was ok to walk back aided once they reached calmer/shallower water [emoji106]people tried calling out to the life guard but I guess he was to far away to hear... a little concerning as it could have been so much worse... but thankfully the guy was ok

Does your hotel have a restaurant/bar?

Enjoying your pictures. The water does look rough. Where did you go to get chairs on south beach?

It does have a small bar & restaurant, it looks like the bar & restaurant are sub let and it's called Jules I think, it also has a small terrace area on the front of the hotel (looking into the street - Collins Avenue)

The hotel have a deal with one of the bed vendors on the beach and the hotel room charge includes a beach bed each, if you want an umbrella they are $15 extra,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Today we decided to walk down to Lincoln road shopping/restaurant area to have a look around, we started off on the beach and walked along the board walk to 22nd street the carried on to 16th (I think) Lincoln rd, we enjoyed to walk and Lincoln rd seemed a decent shopping area with a quite a few restaurant options to fit all tastes [emoji106]

9d0d84b4664a1e155ec15809cbcc4d75.jpg4d4c3fc73f71d835cb5a3230a0300e85.jpg21a3c591ecc2fedc28367eb39cbb8f07.jpg7db5fca73794ea8d1f29f5dfdcdb782f.jpg88665ecfd0b9d26d14ac25dcf09ca0ea.jpg0f04069379a867ab3482fd4497ba9c1b.jpg

After a lot of walking today we decided to go and have a quick local dinner just up from our hotel, looked ok from the outside so just thought it'll do... the place was actually very nice inside and all our food was very tasty & decent portions as well [emoji106]

0ca96e172982ce466b84054199f16293.jpgc84ef08d93f642c1b868fdf7f80e5dc7.jpg8584a4baf6bbfa5fe632aa9aaf8cfae5.jpg5c54f4eab0100a692366b0c24de13443.jpg

could you take pics of BLU and let us know how was MDR....thanks have a gerat trip....

Will do [emoji106]

We are only planning on eating in the MDR a couple of times but will report what we find [emoji4]

We have sailed Celebrity several times but only the M class ships. We are 4 couples on the Equinox late October. Following as same itinerary and my first time to all ports except Key West. We have private excursions booked in all except Curaçao and Key West. Thanks for taking the time for the review and enjoying the photos.