Toilet facilities

rah89

Modern European tour buses used by P&O tend to have toilet facilities. The driver does not usually announce this and the signage is discrete but they are normally found downstairs near the middle doors which are also a fire exit.

Regards John

If they do have a toilet on board, often the driver asks you not to use it ( he has the job of emptying it:D) . And as someone who used to commute to London on a coach every day, I would recomend NOT using them unless desperate.....there is no room to get a cat in there, let alone swing one.....you need to be a bit of a contortionist, and I am not big....:')

But as mentioned previously, there is a comfort break around the half way point.

We did a a P&O sightseeing trip to Rome - we only saw the sights from the bus - and our coach certainly didn't have a toilet on board. At the stop on the way to Rome, for coffee and toilets there were so many coaches parked there that the queues for the Ladies' Toilet was unbelievable so I never did get there. There was no opportunity to stop anywhere in Rome itself and unfortunately our coach was involved in an incident with a driver who sort to overtake us on a bend right in the middle of the city at lunch time. No-one was hurt but the driver's car was damaged all along one side. By the time the various police had arrived and took statements there were many of us who were getting desperate. Eventually we were able to leave the city and the Driver said there was a garage he knew which would let us use their toilet facilities. This was one toilet and the majority of the people on the coach now needed to use it so it took rather a long time! Anyway all was well and we got back to Oceana about 2 hours late which didn't matter as we weren't leaving until the early evening. One hint - if you do have a coach with no facilities, don't drink coffee when you do stop!

Toilet facilities is just about the worst thing about any excursion. It seems quite rare to find a coach with a toilet, but worst is that the stopping points tend only to have one toilet to serve a coachload, and worse still when there are several coaches pulling in to use the same facility.

I do think it is something P&O could put some work in to, to make sure that decent services are available to their fare paying customers.

We stopped off at a service area on the way in and the way back, the toilets were not brilliant but any port in a storm.

On the all day trip when lunch is provided there were lots of nice clean toilets at the hotel.

Take your own toilet paper as there was seldom any (and a sanitising gel)

Toilet facilities is just about the worst thing about any excursion. It seems quite rare to find a coach with a toilet, but worst is that the stopping points tend only to have one toilet to serve a coachload, and worse still when there are several coaches pulling in to use the same facility.

I do think it is something P&O could put some work in to, to make sure that decent services are available to their fare paying customers.

I have to agree. P&O should either ensure their coaches have toilets, or stop more often. The trouble with stopping more often would probably get a small number of passengers complaining about the amount of stops! [emoji2]

It does actually put us off booking excursions.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

The lack of toilet facilities puts me off booking excursions. It would be great if they had a toilet on the coach (don't all modern coaches have them?) for those who really need it, because when they do stop there's always a huge queue. I end up with a terrible headache after excursions due to being dehydrated: daren't drink in case I need a wee; which reduces the excursions I'll book. P and O really need to address this one.

The lack of toilet facilities puts me off booking excursions. It would be great if they had a toilet on the coach (don't all modern coaches have them?) for those who really need it, because when they do stop there's always a huge queue. I end up with a terrible headache after excursions due to being dehydrated: daren't drink in case I need a wee; which reduces the excursions I'll book. P and O really need to address this one.

Yep, totally agree. I end up dieing of thirst by the time I get back for the very same reason!

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Not sure what they could do. They can only hire the coaches that exist. If they went with a coach company that was more deluxe ..probably cost more so the trip would cost more. I know if we are doing a longish excursion I drink very little fluid to try and avoid this problem. make up for lack of fluid on return.

In Rome recently I arranged a private taxi trip. 7 of us in a very comfortable taxi/van (cost 450 euros for the day so about 65 euros each)

Picked up right outside the ship on the quayside and because the driver / guide had the necessary permits we saw so much on our trip.

We advised at the start that a couple of people in the van required frequent toilet stops and the driver was then very sensitive to this and giving us details of toilets at many of our stops.

Would really recommend this

In Rome recently I arranged a private taxi trip. 7 of us in a very comfortable taxi/van (cost 450 euros for the day so about 65 euros each)

Picked up right outside the ship on the quayside and because the driver / guide had the necessary permits we saw so much on our trip.

We advised at the start that a couple of people in the van required frequent toilet stops and the driver was then very sensitive to this and giving us details of toilets at many of our stops.

Would really recommend this

How did you arrange this? Do you do this at most places you stop in?

How did you arrange this? Do you do this at most places you stop in?

I do it a lot as I am not keen on large coach tours. I try to find fellow passengers on roll calls and on facebook - this is much easier on Celebrity as people seem more receptive to private trips. I look on facebook and in the ports sections here to get recommendations

You just have to be a bit cautious - don't cut any of your trips too tightly in terms of time and go with recommended companies. I am a great believer in getting off the ship asap and being on your way with 15 minutes of being cleared. Have done this in bits of the Med, Adriatic and a few other places

Its generally cheaper than the ships tours but more importantly you see a lot more

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but for Rome I used limousinrome dot com - we had a brilliant day