Has Anyone Else Received This Email From RCCL?

I find it intriguing. First, I would make sure it is legit by calling Royal. I would also find out what these "missions" are because I would not want to do the flow rider or the climbing wall should those be "missions". If all checks out to my satisfaction, I would sign up. Also, I doubt it would interfere with any excursions as they would not want to lose money that way.

If the OP signs up, please come back and tell us how it worked out for you. We're on the November 25 Allure sailing so I'll know about your experience in case I get an email.

I find it intriguing. First, I would make sure it is legit by calling Royal. I would also find out what these "missions" are because I would not want to do the flow rider or the climbing wall should those be "missions". If all checks out to my satisfaction, I would sign up. Also, I doubt it would interfere with any excursions as they would not want to lose money that way.

If the OP signs up, please come back and tell us how it worked out for you. We're on the November 25 Allure sailing so I'll know about your experience in case I get an email.

I figured out it isn't from RCCL even though the email was meant to look like it. They had the RCCL graphic at the top of the letterhead. They also had the return address listed as RCCL. However, when you click on the actual email address, it's listed as Royal Caribbean <noreply@qemailserver.com>

When I put the address into google search, a Facebook help forum came up. Apparently, someone received the same survey, etc stating they were doing research for Facebook. This was Facebook's official response:

"That is not a Facebook email address and does not appear to be a Facebook survey. I recommend not engaging with links like this as they could be fishing scams. If you would like to leave feedback, you can use the following link from our Help Center" blah, blah, blah

I won't be responding to anything more from these people and I'm upset that I gave them my home address and phone number on the initial survey...UGH!!

However, if they are a legit 3rd party company, there are others on my Roll Call who received the same email and are very much interested in participating if it's legit. I'll let you know when we get back!!

Like I said, show up at the on board meeting and see what's up. I doubt somebody is going on a cruise to meet with you to rip you off. I have investigated a lot of fraud cases and that's going just a little to far. My investigator side says "go for it" as far as not giving them PII.

I do find it interesting nobody else has come up saying they have gotten the Email also.

I figured out it isn't from RCCL even though the email was meant to look like it. They had the RCCL graphic at the top of the letterhead. They also had the return address listed as RCCL. However, when you click on the actual email address, it's listed as Royal Caribbean <noreply@qemailserver.com>

Royal Caribbean may have contracted with that company to handle this interesting activity.

I looked up that domain and see that it's registered to Qualtrics, a well-known survey management company.

I often have to complete a certain electronic form for my job that is created using Qualtrics (or by Qualtrics? Not really sure exactly). Each time after I submit the form, I always get a confirmation email from that exact address. So I would say that that address itself is not an indicator of it being spam/phishing.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Forums mobile app

I received something very similar for my last Anthem cruise, as did a few others on my roll call. Ultimately, we were asked to be part of a focus group on dining. We met for one hour on the first sea day, and one hour on the last sea day. On the other days, we filled out forms, listing where we ate each meal, what we ate, how the service was, how the meal was, what was disappointing, what exceeded expectations, etc. We were compensated $125 per cabin. I thought it was fun and valuable, and it didn't interfere with our cruise at all (in fact, it enhanced our experience because we were very in-tune).

This was organized by an outside marketing agency hired by RCI. They invited 125 to participate, and about 100 did. They divided us into 5 groups of about 20 people each

We didn't have to use our devices or an app.

I intended to write a review on CC based on my experience and findings as part of this focus group, but I never got around to doing it

I worked for an informatics company in college that did secret shopping. The "mission" terminology is common to this industry. A "mission" would be to interact with some specific part of the ship in a very specific way. For example, they might have you go order a milkshake a certain way and then feign displeasure and ask for it to be re-made in a different manner. You would then report on the interaction. Most missions on a cruise ship would probably take very little time to complete. Might be quite fun!

I received something very similar for my last Anthem cruise, as did a few others on my roll call. Ultimately, we were asked to be part of a focus group on dining. We met for one hour on the first sea day, and one hour on the last sea day. On the other days, we filled out forms, listing where we ate each meal, what we ate, how the service was, how the meal was, what was disappointing, what exceeded expectations, etc. We were compensated $125 per cabin. I thought it was fun and valuable, and it didn't interfere with our cruise at all (in fact, it enhanced our experience because we were very in-tune).

This was organized by an outside marketing agency hired by RCI. They invited 125 to participate, and about 100 did. They divided us into 5 groups of about 20 people each

I intended to write a review on CC based on my experience and findings as part of this focus group, but I never got around to doing it

Did they contact you prior to boarding to let you know you were invited to participate?

Donna,

That sounds great. Nice to hear that they even wanted that level of feedback.

Did they contact you prior to boarding to let you know you were invited to participate?

Yes, I received an email survey about a week before the sailing date, which I filled out. Once completed, I received a message that I qualified for the focus group and would be contacted onboard. Once onboard, there was a letter in my stateroom with the gathering time. At the meeting the second day, the process was explained to us. It was all very official and professionally done.

Interestingly, my sister (with whom I was sharing the cabin) did not receive the survey, yet she was invited to join me in the group discussions and I was told that I could include her comments/opinions on my forms too.

Well i would do it , 100 bucks a day and after 7 days thats pretty close to a free cruise. If its stuff i already do then maybe another 30 minutes journaling it. What people forget is as busy as they are im sure we all have 30 mins down time somewhere. I say go for it and i hope i get that email for my sailing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes, I received an email survey about a week before the sailing date, which I filled out. Once completed, I received a message that I qualified for the focus group and would be contacted onboard. Once onboard, there was a letter in my stateroom with the gathering time. At the meeting the second day, the process was explained to us. It was all very official and professionally done.

Interestingly, my sister (with whom I was sharing the cabin) did not receive the survey, yet she was invited to join me in the group discussions and I was told that I could include her comments/opinions on my forms too.

Was the message qualifying you sent fairly immediately or within a few days? I'm thinking since I've not heard from them, I didn't make the cut. :)

Was the message qualifying you sent fairly immediately or within a few days? I'm thinking since I've not heard from them, I didn't make the cut. :)

When I submitted the survey, the message appeared on the screen immediately. It said something like "Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in a focus group on dining. You will be receive the details onboard and will be compensated $125 OBC upon completion" I didn't receive a follow up email

The purpose of the survey was to make sure that they had people from all different demographics, first time cruisers vs repeat cruisers, loyal to Royal vs sail on multiple lines, traveling with kids vs no kids, special dining needs, etc.