Princess $1 deposits May 22

Coral

Seems like this basically extends the cancellation period to 57 days since the penalty at 57-75 days is the cancellation fee. You'll have to pay the full balance due at final payment, but you should get it all pack minus $1/pp deposit if you cancel within the 57-75 day window. I read through the passenger contract and didn't see anything that suggests otherwise. Is this a correct line of thinking?

Seems like this basically extends the cancellation period to 57 days since the penalty at 57-75 days is the cancellation fee. You'll have to pay the full balance due at final payment, but you should get it all pack minus $1/pp deposit if you cancel within the 57-75 day window. I read through the passenger contract and didn't see anything that suggests otherwise. Is this a correct line of thinking?

Once you have made full payment the normal cancellation fees start.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you have made full payment the normal cancellation fees start.

What do you mean by "normal cancellation fees"? All I see is this in the passage contract is that the cancellation fee is the deposit amount which would be $1/pp in this case. Screenshot attached.

Capture.PNG.7a4a584e33bde630b03606b2942b731e.PNG

What do you mean by "normal cancellation fees"? All I see is this in the passage contract is that the cancellation fee is the deposit amount which would be $1/pp in this case. Screenshot attached.

AFTER FINAL payment is due are the normal cancellation fees. Per the photo you posted.

AFTER FINAL payment is due are the normal cancellation fees. Per the photo you posted.

I think we're saying the same thing here. At 57-75 days, the cancellation fee is the deposit amount. The deposit for this promotion is $1/pp. Therefore, if you cancel at 57-75 days, you would only be charged a cancellation fee of $1/pp. I would consider that negligible.

If I'm missing something, can you point out in the passage contract where it says the cancellation fee would be higher at 57-75 days?

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Passage_Contract.pdf

I think we're saying the same thing here. At 57-75 days, the cancellation fee is the deposit amount. The deposit for this promotion is $1/pp. Therefore, if you cancel at 57-75 days, you would only be charged a cancellation fee of $1/pp. I would consider that negligible.

If I'm missing something, can you point out in the passage contract where it says the cancellation fee would be higher at 57-75 days?

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Passage_Contract.pdf

Nobody said anything about anything being higher.....

Yes we are saying the same thing. Just calling it normal (standard) cancellation fees.

The actual cancellation fees are spelled out in detail on your booking confirmation.

My three day cruise says 10% for the step. My 30 day cruise says 20% penalty for the first step. neither say the deposit amount ($100).

Would the TA know at this time what cruises are $1 deposit?? Is it just going to be a one day thing? If anyone booked when it was $1 deposit were all cruises included?

Thanks for your thoughts.

One day sale only. A TA might know what is available. I suspect all cruises up to May 2019 will available for booking.

America's Fall 2018 and 2019 until May open for booking on Friday May 19th .

Same with us, we have used all our FCD's! So the $1 deposit will be nice. Did I read something about the 3-for-Free sale starting soon? Love reading this board, keeps me excited contemplating our next cruise (October 2017!) Thanks all for sharing!

The $1 deposit is good for anyone without a FCD or for someone who wants to only hold a cruise. I've read posts from passengers who book several $1 deposit cruises they may want to sail & hoping for a better net price closer to final payment.

I thought we had enough FCDs but soon both of them will be used & a $1 deposit would be better than making a full deposit. ;)

Same with us, we have used all our FCD's! So the $1 deposit will be nice. Did I read something about the 3-for-Free sale starting soon? Love reading this board, keeps me excited contemplating our next cruise (October 2017!) Thanks all for sharing!

I haven't read any specifics about another 3 for Free promotion which we used in early September 2016 for a Fall cruise this year.

I've searched for this offer & in the past 3 years it's been available in late August to early September. It's been the same name but the benefits have varied with last year's offer being best for me.

I would love another 3 for Free Promotion too!

I was thinking of booking under the $1 deposit on 5/22 to hold a cruise. And if there is a 3 for free promotion, rebook under that promo instead. I would only lose $1 per person.

Would I be able to use my FCD to rebook under a new promotion if a better one comes along or can the FCD only be used for new bookings?

The problem with a $1 deposit is that you don't get OBC from using a FCD.

I booked two cruises last year on Leap Day for the $1 sale, which at that time was concurrent with a great promo, and quite frankly, I was only half-way serious about going on said cruises, and around a month later when there was a price drop, I decided that I would actually go after all, and so I called Princess and they applied my FCCs. See, the price of the one cruise had gone down altogether, so the guy refared my already good deal and applied the FCCs. I did ask the important question about keeping all perks intact IF I were to get the price drop, and I did. I basically look at the $1 as nothing more than a place holder, and if a better deal should come along, then I will grab it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The $1 deposit is good for anyone without a FCD or for someone who wants to only hold a cruise. I've read posts from passengers who book several $1 deposit cruises they may want to sail & hoping for a better net price closer to final payment.

I thought we had enough FCDs but soon both of them will be used & a $1 deposit would be better than making a full deposit. ;)

Bingo! [emoji2]

I booked two cruises last year on Leap Day for the $1 sale, which at that time was concurrent with a great promo, and quite frankly, I was only half-way serious about going on said cruises, and around a month later when there was a price drop, I decided that I would actually go after all, and so I called Princess and they applied my FCCs. See, the price of the one cruise had gone down altogether, so the guy refared my already good deal and applied the FCCs. I did ask the important question about keeping all perks intact IF I were to get the price drop, and I did. I basically look at the $1 as nothing more than a place holder, and if a better deal should come along, then I will grab it.

When you refared, were you able to get the same cabin?

I was thinking of booking under the $1 deposit on 5/22 to hold a cruise. And if there is a 3 for free promotion, rebook under that promo instead. I would only lose $1 per person.

Would I be able to use my FCD to rebook under a new promotion if a better one comes along or can the FCD only be used for new bookings?

The only thing you might have pay the normal deposit.

They just changed the amount on the booking. There is another sale supposed coming in June .

Thank you! Would you know what the June promotion will be?

The only thing you might have pay the normal deposit.

Okay, thanks! That's the bummer part if I have to pay the regular deposit instead of using FCD.

My experiences have been when using a FCD for a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit & canceling then it's lost. Although my TA has been successful with transferring my NR/NT FCD to immediately booking another cruise. So Princess may waive a NR/NT deposit but I wouldn't depend upon that happening

If the deposit is refundable, then my FCD has been returned to my Princess account when it's still within the 2 year valid period of time.

We may book another cruise we'd like sail with a $1 deposit depending upon the cruise fare & to hopefully find a better price before final payment.

My experiences have been when using a FCD for a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit & canceling then it's lost. Although my TA has been successful with transferring my NR/NT FCD to immediately booking another cruise. So Princess may waive a NR/NT deposit but I wouldn't depend upon that happening

If the deposit is refundable, then my FCD has been returned to my Princess account when it's still within the 2 year valid period of time.

We may book another cruise we'd like sail with a $1 deposit depending upon the cruise fare & to hopefully find a better price before final payment.

Thank you for the information!

When you refared, were you able to get the same cabin?

I changed cabins, but I could have kept the same one. Also, there were plenty of cabins remaining in my category.

There is a sale starting tmrw

Great Getaways Sale (May 16 - June 15, 2017) You’ll have the chance to put big smiles on your clients’ faces with terrific rates on Princess Getaways, ideal for couples and families needing a short vacation, up to five days. Help them to book destinations that include the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada & New England and the Pacific Coast, sailing fall 2017 through spring 2018.

There is a sale starting tmrw

Great Getaways Sale (May 16 - June 15, 2017) You’ll have the chance to put big smiles on your clients’ faces with terrific rates on Princess Getaways, ideal for couples and families needing a short vacation, up to five days. Help them to book destinations that include the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada & New England and the Pacific Coast, sailing fall 2017 through spring 2018.

Thank you very much Anthonyy. I was looking at a five day Pacific Coast cruise.