Smooth ride

Color of carpets

Giant interior rooms

Extra deep balconies

Karmic vibrations

Good list: let me add

--who is above or below

--elevators - glass or regular

I would pick Upper Veranda but it really does not seem to matter much (to me) as both decks have all cabins above and below, plus you likely will be taking elevators to reach the dining, bars, etc.

I would pick Upper Veranda but it really does not seem to matter much (to me) as both decks have all cabins above and below, plus you likely will be taking elevators to reach the dining, bars, etc.

After a bad experience on Royal a few years ago ... so now we never choose a cabin without cabins above and below. That being said we'd book the highest deck that meet that criteria.:D

plus you likely will be taking elevators to reach the dining, bars, etc.
This is exactly why we picked Verandah deck (accessible on Upper Verandah was not available at the time) - figuring to be in the middle whether going up to Lido or down to the Promenade levels. Did get blindsided though by the cabin config not allowing beds to be made into one queen instead of two twins.

This is exactly why we picked Verandah deck (accessible on Upper Verandah was not available at the time) - figuring to be in the middle whether going up to Lido or down to the Promenade levels. Did get blindsided though by the cabin config not allowing beds to be made into one queen instead of two twins.

I thought only the Prinsendam had beds that could not be reconfigured. What other ships have this limitation?

I thought only the Prinsendam had beds that could not be reconfigured. What other ships have this limitation?

As discussed on another recent thread, there are small number of cabins where the beds are singles only. In the case I was involved with, it is the long, narrow V level cabins on deck 4 of some of the Vista and Signature class ships, near where the ship side cuts in.

As discussed on another recent thread, there are small number of cabins where the beds are singles only. In the case I was involved with, it is the long, narrow V level cabins on deck 4 of some of the Vista and Signature class ships, near where the ship side cuts in.

Good warning. Thanks.