Passport renewals

clemmtd

We just applied for renewals for our children - I paid the expedited fee and was told they'd be delivered in 2-3 weeks. I've heard from others that it will actually be much faster than this, we shall see.

Here's a link with more info: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/services/expedited.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The expedite fee is nothing more than "shipping" your passport faster. It does not change the length of time to process. Look at like this. The "package" you send in goes into a waiting line. Depending on how long the line is will depend on how soon your package is opened. Once opened, it is processed. It does not mean you jump to the front of the line. The only way to get you passport fast, is to visit a passport office and do it in person.

To answer your question....it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Depends on how lucky you are. No one can guess the number, but in recent times, it's been faster.

Yup, 2 weeks for my kids this month. Not expedited. 2 weeks includes the day we had it done at the post office (kids have to be done at an office) to the day it was in our hands. I also renewed mine a few months ago (upgraded from a card to a book) and it was in my hands in less than 2 weeks from the day I mailed it. No need to pay expediting fee.

I had mine renewed recently and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast I received it. I did not pay for expedited service. I mailed renewal the first week of March and the new passport is dated March 18.

We did the same this past fall. We got ours back exactly 2 weeks after we sent it in.

We filled out the forms online and then printed them. It may have been overkill :D but I even wrote seperate checks for each of us and sent them in seperate envelopes :)

No fee paid, three weeks.

The "expedited fee" is the biggest scam since "TSA-approved locks."

Or FTTF?

I needed a quick renewal for a last minute unscheduled trip that required a 6 month period prior to expiration. I expedited and received my new passport in just over a week.

We filled out the forms online and then printed them. It may have been overkill :D but I even wrote seperate checks for each of us and sent them in seperate envelopes :)

Definitely not overkill. The first time my family applied for passport cards we all went together to the post office. They did all the paperwork and we had to use a money order (not sure why but a check wasn't an option). They had us buy one money order and put the fees all together on one.

What happened: Passport office opens envelope with 4 applications. My app is on top. They see a money order for more than that application and decide on their own that I must want expedited. So they expedite mine, charge me extra and then they look at the 3 remaining applications. They see the amount of money left and say it isn't enough for the next 3 applications and mail them all back seeking more funds. We almost had to cancel our trip getting it straightened out. They are currently fast but I don't think they are smart.

the wait for our appointment at our local post office took longer than the actual renewal of ours

our post office appointment was 5 weeks out for soonest available appointment

Why did you have to have a post office appointment to renew?

We didn't have to do so - had our photos taken at AAA free for members - could have had them done at CVS for a small fee - We filled out the forms online and printed them out to send in with the old passport, photo, and check.

Why did you have to have a post office appointment to renew?

We didn't have to do so - had our photos taken at AAA free for members - could have had them done at CVS for a small fee - We filled out the forms online and printed them out to send in with the old passport, photo, and check.

Probably they had kids. If there are kids it has to be done in person. However, uur post offices have hours, not appointments.

Probably they had kids. If there are kids it has to be done in person. However, uur post offices have hours, not appointments.

In the San Antonio area, you have to make an appointment with the post office. You just cannot walk in. And not every post office handles passports.

2 of my daughters recently renewed passports. Both had expired plus this was their first "adult " passport. One took 10 days, the other took 4-5 weeks. Neither were expedited.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

We renewed ours at our local courthouse, received them within a couple of weeks.

The only change we had from when we first got them was the courthouse no longer mails them in for you. The first time we applied for them they took our photos, had us fill out the information on the form, pay the fee and they mailed them. Now they just give you your pictures and the forms and you fill them out and mail them yourself.

My daughter had hers expedited and got it in less than a week. I think it was four or five days. My husband just sent his in for renewal, (not expedited,) so I'll let you know when he gets it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums