Using WiFi to make phone calls?

Does anyone know if you can use the ships WiFi to make phone calls? We have Verizon and according to them you can make phone calls over WiFi to any US phone number at no charge.

Yes, we've used the phone to make calls over WiFi. Make sure your phone is enabled for WiFi calling. Try it at home first by putting the phone into Airplane mode, turning on WiFi, and testing.

I just used wifi calling over the ship's internet on Enchantment this past weekend. I have service through AT&T and it worked fine. I enabled the calling before I got on the ship.

Any problems if the connection is crappy?

I made calls from my inside cabin with no issues except one dropped call. Sound quality was fine with no breaking up of voices. I prepaid my internet package to save a few dollars and had no issues overall with the internet connection on Enchantment.

Has worked great on Oasis, Allure, and Mariner. We even did Fact Time on Oasis and Allure, which worked just like at home.

Incoming calls worked fine, but voice messages wouldn't show up until we switched back to 4G. We were on ATT.

For iPhones, which version does this start? I only have a 5 (whatever the highest is for 5) and I don't see it. Assuming for 6 and above?

Check with your provider, it might be different from provider to provider. Also depends on IOS version.

For iPhones, which version does this start? I only have a 5 (whatever the highest is for 5) and I don't see it. Assuming for 6 and above?

For Verizon it's 6 and above as well.

We'll be on Enchantment in a month and really pleased to read that it worked so well!

Definitely 6 and later. Some providers support it on a 5s but I don't believe any support it on a 5.

If your phone is incapable of making phone calls over Wi-Fi try using the magic jack app. It's free to use and sign up. I've used it all over the world while on deployments. You actually get a us phone number that people can call you back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk