16 NIGHT SOUTH FLORIDA TO COPENHAGEN, Serenade

We did the transatlantic back in 2014 and had a fantastic time. We were on the Legend, a ship a lot smaller. 6 initial days at sea, Azores, Ireland, Amsterdam and the Copenhagen. Great time and wonderful weather to boot. Do it.

We did this last Spring and loved it. I was a little worried sailing on an older ship that may not have all the bells and whistles of a newer ship but there was nothing to worry about. Ship was in fantastic shape, with wonderful crew, and one of our favourite sailings. The itinerary is fantastic. We loved Bruges and Amsterdam. We were to all the other ports before in previous sailings. Cobh / Cork is a wonderful port with visiting Blarney's castle. Copenhagen is very easy to get around on your own. The boat tour is wonderful. We had fantastic weather and would love to book it again for 2018. We will be watching prices and if we can get a deal like we did last year we will be booking again.

So now we are booked - any tips from those who have done it before? We will be extending afterwards in Europe for 3-4 weeks so packing will be a trick.....

You'll be in Amsterdam in time for a visit to Keukenhof gardens. We did it as a ship's tour which turned out to be a good choice as we went in the morning and were leaving as the buses were showing up in numbers:D

https://keukenhof.nl/en/discover-the-park/what-keukenhof/

We did this two years ago and I have to say the weather was not pleasant. Had wind,cold and rain at every port. Didn't stop us from going and doing Actually had a hail storm in Holland! So, be prepared. Rain gear and sweaters were the must have dress items for all the ports. The trip itself was fantastic. Great ports and tours. Wouldn't have missed it but would have been nice to see the sun.

• 3 months later...

We're waiting for the dates for this cruise for 2019! We're all booked up for 2018 and this one sounds so exciting. Since we live I've the desert in Arizona I would love cooler weather.

Sent from my iPad using Forums