Pier at Coco Cay

I like the Coco Cay buffet, it's not bad as these things go. Just curious about the NCL version. Guess I'll have to book an NCL cruise to find out.:)

NCL had better Buffet on their Island, but that was 15 yrs ago. Royal has come long way on their Islands in 30 yrs, better food options. Before very remote, fewer beaches, only couple buildings, now all built up...

NCL had better Buffet on their Island, but that was 15 yrs ago. Royal has come long way on their Islands in 30 yrs, better food options. Before very remote, fewer beaches, only couple buildings, now all built up...

Yes, and looks to be even more built up over the next few years.

Rarely does Labadee have 2 ships there at the same time, so I would expect CocoCay to be the same.

clear.png?emoji-thumbsdown-933clear.png?emoji-thumbsdown-933clear.png?emoji-thumbsdown-933

Starting at the end of 2018 and into the beginning of 2019 there are already quite a few days with 2 ships scheduled. They are adding more ships on the East Coast every year. The Adventure is being added to Bayonne and CocoCay is on its Bahama Itinerary. There's not a lot of itinerary choices up north unless you cruise for at least 9 days so there are a lot of Bahama Cruises.

The link in this thread suggested an entertainment venue. Maybe they will have evening concerts. I almost went on Carnival once just to see my childhood crush Olivia Newton John.
25-30 yrs ago Royal had well known entertainers on ships. Example is our 1st 3 cruises had The Spinners, 4 Tops, and 2 of the Monkeys. And these were random cruises, not a special Rock or musical cruise. It's funny almost every yr I now see an entertainer on ship that I saw 10 or 20 yrs ago on different ship, they make the rounds...

I like the Coco Cay buffet, it's not bad as these things go. Just curious about the NCL version. Guess I'll have to book an NCL cruise to find out.:)

OK...post back when you find out. We will wave to you over at that "other island". ;)

We love to get off the ship early to walk around the island for exercise, but then prefer to return to the ship for late lunch buffet at uncrowded WJ on that day.

A bit concerned about those flies landing on the food at the island buffet. Find it worse at Labadee actually. ;p

Starting at the end of 2018 and into the beginning of 2019 there are already quite a few days with 2 ships scheduled. They are adding more ships on the East Coast every year. The Adventure is being added to Bayonne and CocoCay is on its Bahama Itinerary. There's not a lot of itinerary choices up north unless you cruise for at least 9 days so there are a lot of Bahama Cruises.

Okay, well I just checked the entire month of December 2018, and there was only one day with 2 ships. And in that case, one of the ships was on an irregular itinerary that doesn't occur often.

I hope this means Symphony will be able to dock there. We are looking at a 2019 on her. Would love to go back to CocoCay! My fave private island.;p

The article in the link a few messages back specifically says yes to the OASIS class ships.

Okay, well I just checked the entire month of December 2018, and there was only one day with 2 ships. And in that case, one of the ships was on an irregular itinerary that doesn't occur often.

And there are 16 days so far with 2 ships from 1/2019 to 4/2019. They are not going to spend $150 million there and not fill it with passengers.

Plus the improvements may not be completed by then.

And there are 16 days so far with 2 ships from 1/2019 to 4/2019. They are not going to spend $150 million there and not fill it with passengers.

Plus the improvements may not be completed by then.

Alright, fair enough.

I just don't know why they don't have 2 ships visiting Labadee each day then?

I'm not trying to say there will never be 2 ships there, but I still think there will be plenty of days with only 1.

Carnival calls on Coco Cay also....or at least they used to.

I think they've stopped doing that, as I haven't found any CCL itineraries lately that included CocoCay (they used the real name, Little Stirrup Cay, on their site).

Really wish they were still stopping there. A CocoCay/Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk itinerary would pretty much be a beach-goer's dream cruise. :)

OK...post back when you find out. We will wave to you over at that "other island". ;)

We love to get off the ship early to walk around the island for exercise, but then prefer to return to the ship for late lunch buffet at uncrowded WJ on that day.

A bit concerned about those flies landing on the food at the island buffet. Find it worse at Labadee actually. ;p

Don't worry the flies will be fine.:rolleyes:

The link in this thread suggested an entertainment venue. Maybe they will have evening concerts. I almost went on Carnival once just to see my childhood crush Olivia Newton John.

I went to see my childhood crush at free concert recently and she was dancing around with Bingo Wings. :eek: