Most expensive cruise ever?

We're booked on a 44 Night Honolulu to Sydney for next year on Regents. Definitely the most expensive I've ever booked.

But a better question is what is the BEST DEAL anyone has had or seen?

Around Nov. 2001, after 9/11, NCL offered a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean for Port Charges. Total cost per person was $99! During the same time, Royal Caribbean offered the Royal Suite on, I believe, Grandeur, for around $1100 per person for a 7 Night Cruise!

We're booked on a 44 Night Honolulu to Sydney for next year on Regents. Definitely the most expensive I've ever booked.

But a better question is what is the BEST DEAL anyone has had or seen?

Around Nov. 2001, after 9/11, NCL offered a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean for Port Charges. Total cost per person was $99! During the same time, Royal Caribbean offered the Royal Suite on, I believe, Grandeur, for around $1100 per person for a 7 Night Cruise!

Wow! And I thought I got a great deal on a 5 night Empress cruise last year for $450 (total for 2 + insurance) in an oceanview!

We usually cruise Princess, did a few Carnivals, and a Norwegian, the two RCI cruises have been the most expensive, the Allure cruise we did was $3800, the Freedom was $3000, this next one on Liberty I scored for $1500, a balcony even, we have a Panama Canal cruise, in 2018 that's $4700

On Royal Caribbean, I've never booked a cabin above a standard balcony...and I think the most I've paid was about $1400 pp for a seven night cruise...an inaugural booking on the Allure.

Now, on other lines...

On Celebrity, we did a 13 night Alaska cruisetour...and we took our daughters, booking two "Sky Suites"...IIRC, all told we spent around $20K...and a couple years back, we did a Galapagos cruise on Celebrity that easily topped $10K for two...

Now, the most valuable cruise we ever did was a 16-night Dover to Rome on one of the inaugural cruises on Oceania Marina...in a 1,000 square foot plus Oceania Suite (two bathrooms, walk-in closet, living room, dining room, media room, private Jacuzzi, 3 big screen TVs)...with business class air LAX to London, Rome to LAX...The cost would blow away most budgets...but, it's a long story...let's just say we were VERY lucky...

I have a $6,500 Owners Suite booked for Nov. 2018 Transatlantic which if done, will be my highest priced Royal Cruise. My two best deals (other than my Comped myvegas Cruises) would be $2,000 single occupancy JR Suite, South America-Lisbon Transatlantic. Also, I paid $350 for a single, ocean view Spain-Colon Transatlantic, with $300 on-board credit.

The most expensive cruise total would be, the $10,000 Disney Wonder Panama Canal Cruise, my father & I took.

A bit of "oneupmanship"? Have no idea how to spell that word :)

Naaaaah...

I think we all know that you can spend a small fortune on a cruise...All you have to do is book a suite on a popular cruise. And, some of us are just willing to admit we've done that...

I sure have...

On the other end of things, we've all also paid incredibly little for some cruises. I've cruised absolutely free five times (three of those were on credit card points, one an invite by RCCL, one I won in a contest). Least I've ever actually paid for a cruise? $60 pp. The port taxes cost more than the cruise fare. It was one of those last minute deals on a cruise they couldn't fill...and, for about the only time ever, it was on dates where I could actually go.

Cruise enough and you'll surprise yourself with BOTH how much you've spent AND how little you've spent...

Booked 8 balcony cabins for a six-day family cruise for March 2018, prepaid all the gratuities, and we are picking up the hotel room the night before in Fort Lauderdale as well.

We are fortunate and excited that we can take all of the kids, their significant others, and a couple of strays who grew up in very hard circumstances. It will be so much fun!

The most expensive for us was about 30k for one of the Royal Suites on The Disney Wonder. And our cheapest was a $99 three night cruise on the Disney Wonder (it was a special we got as a bonus for booking another cruise at the time).

Currently our Sept Allure cruise will be our most expense BUT family of 5 and I lucked into kids sail free savings of almost $2000!

But I am plotting and planning for November 2018 I want to book star class at least once for DH and I, 15th anniversary! Looks to be $8-$9,000 for the cruises available over our anniversary.

Loyal2Royal

MOTS 11/04, NOTS 4/18,

Allure 9/17, Anthem 4/18

Our most expensive will be our cruise next Jan on Oasis, 11k for a 2bd ATS. Seven of us going, and we took advantage of RCI's kids sail free/30% off to the tune of 7k (4 kids). One of those cruise of a lifetime deals. Then April of 2019, I'm going to shove my family of 5 into one Ocean view Room. I'm sure the kids will love me after that.

At the moment the most expensive is the 2/2/19 sailing on Symphony in a RL at $4507 per DAY.

15776 PP and when i try to book it says

please review another option below. once a selection has been made, you can proceed.

Cheapest. We paid under $300 inclusive of taxes and port charges for the 3-night Colon-Miami repositioning on Grandeur. Junior Suite. April 2012.

Recently paid under $400 inclusive of taxes and port charges for the 4-night Best of British Columbia on Explorer. Promenade interior. May 2017.

Rather spend the good money on experiences, i.e. excursions, meals, booze instead of the cabin itself.