Good hotel near Barcelona cruise terminal

kazy66

Hi all,

Have booked a sailing on new Symphony of the Seas next May, sailing from Barcelona. Can anyone give me name of a good hotel to stay for one night pre cruise please,

Also how far is it from Barcelona airport to cruise terminal? Do we need car hire or is it doable in a cab?:confused:

Thanks for all advice:)

Taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal is a flat rate 39 Euros.

We like to stay at the Hotel Jazz, but that is a couple of miles from the cruise terminal, and around a 20 Euro taxi ride.

Other hotel info can be found on the Spain forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

In 2013 we stayed at Hilton Diagonal Mar. IF memory serves me, it was a very short cab ride to the cruise terminal. Email them and find out if this works for you. I would recommend IF you can to arrive more than 1 day ahead of the cruise departing. There is SO much to see and learn in Barcelona. We arrived Friday afternoon at 4pm for a Monday at 5:00pm cruise departure. First of all, we were sound asleep by 6pm and wide awake at 2:00am. So that took a couple of days to work out of our system. There is a BIG beautiful mall across the street from the hotel. There is a GREAT hop on hop off bus that goes all around Barcelona. LOVED riding that.

In 2013 we stayed at Hilton Diagonal Mar. IF memory serves me, it was a very short cab ride to the cruise terminal. Email them and find out if this works for you. I would recommend IF you can to arrive more than 1 day ahead of the cruise departing. There is SO much to see and learn in Barcelona. We arrived Friday afternoon at 4pm for a Monday at 5:00pm cruise departure. First of all, we were sound asleep by 6pm and wide awake at 2:00am. So that took a couple of days to work out of our system. There is a BIG beautiful mall across the street from the hotel. There is a GREAT hop on hop off bus that goes all around Barcelona. LOVED riding that.

I stayed at the same hotel last year (thank you hilton points) and it was in a great location. Both the hop on hop off bus lines stop within a block and it was just a short (5-10 min) cab ride from the port. Plus there are plenty of taxi's always avail as this is one of the hotels the airlines use for crews so people are always coming and going.

I loved LOVED Pratik Bakery Hotel (not for gluten free folks) - it's a cab ride but a fantastic location and I'd suggest a Devour Barcelona food tour as well. I have detailed reviews on my travel blog PhilaTravelGirl

the cruise terminal was a long walk so def need a cab from most locations

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any hotel is town is going to be a relatively short taxi ride to the port. It's hardly worth the effort to try and be a few blocks closer because you will still grab a taxi (or Uber). So its just a matter of finding a hotel that gives you a fair price and is in a decent neighborhood. We have always enjoyed staying at the Hotel Colon, which is an older European style hotel in a terrific location in the Gothic Quarter. But anything around the Gothic Quarter or close to the Ramblas will be convenient for walking around town and having access to plenty of eating venues.

Hank

Go to the Ports of Call boards, lots of info on any port you are visiting. Have you thought of staying more than one night? We have had such delays with connections that one extra night would not have allowed even 8 hours in Barcelona before time to board the cruise.

I would recommend choosing a hotel on Las Rambla, because there is so much to see right there, especially if you just have one day in the city pre-cruise. It's geared for keisurely strolling, and there are lots of places to eat, and there are a couple of places, one of which is the Carre Four grocery store, where you can pick up wine if you wish to take some onboard with you.

That area is usually about a 10 minute or so ride to the port.

I would recommend choosing a hotel on Las Rambla, because there is so much to see right there, especially if you just have one day in the city pre-cruise. It's geared for keisurely strolling, and there are lots of places to eat, and there are a couple of places, one of which is the Carre Four grocery store, where you can pick up wine if you wish to take some onboard with you.

That area is usually about a 10 minute or so ride to the port.

Le Meridien Barcelona for it's setting on La Rambla. The Carre Four store is almost next door, La Boqueria is almost next door.

Or, the Hotel Continental. A favorite with cruisers looking for a bargain. Stayed there with friends (not my choice). It shares a building with a 2* hotel and a hostel. It's decor reminded me of a bordello (from what I've seen on TV), the "24 hour buffet" is nasty and usually not stocked unless you get there right at the start of a meal (imagine what things look like after sitting under lights for a couple of hours). But, it's right there on La Rambla. And, if all you want it "clean", it would do in a pinch.