MSC Loyalty Match Question with NCL

js

It does expire for anyone if no cruise is completed within 3 years.

I've seen a few people say that, but their website says:

"Status will only be matched only once per guest."

It then goes on to say "Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer."

It says nothing about 3 years. Are you sure the 3 year rule is correct? Here's the site I'm referring to:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

I have done it on Celebrity, Carnival, NCL and RCI, so unless MSC has a rule against it, it should be ok. But of course you should never assume, so I would check out the underwhelming MSC website and check the terms and conditions to see if they allow it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

THANK YOU very much... I just got off the phone with MSC (I decided not to plow through MSC's unwieldy web site). Both my husband and I were loyalty matched to black already (though we weren't notified) and I just booked my Thanksgiving 2018 cruise in the Yacht Club on the Seaside. They said I can transfer to my TA during the next 60 days. I am very happy!

Edited by lgdesign

I just booked my Thanksgiving 2018 cruise in the Yacht Club on the Seaside. They said I can transfer to my TA during the next 60 days. I am very happy!

The sixty day transfer is standard with the other Cruise lines as well, so obviously they are all on the same page.

I've seen a few people say that, but their website says:

"Status will only be matched only once per guest."

It then goes on to say "Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer."

It says nothing about 3 years. Are you sure the 3 year rule is correct? Here's the site I'm referring to:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

This is under the MSC Voyagers Club terms and conditions:

Black membership:

10,000+ points

- Gold membership:

from 4,300 to 9,999 points

- Silver membership:

from 2,200 to 4,299 points

- Classic membership:

from 1 to 2,199 points

- Welcome membership:

0 points; electronic card awarded to all passengers subscribing

to MSC Voyagers Club before cruising, with a confirmed booking.

If no cruises are completed for 3 years, the level of membership reached is lost as

described in section 1, 1.5 Length of Membership.

For example: If a Gold MSC Voyagers Club member does not sail for 3 years since

the last disembarkation date, Gold membership will be lost.

O

This is under the MSC Voyagers Club terms and conditions:

Black membership:

10,000+ points

- Gold membership:

from 4,300 to 9,999 points

- Silver membership:

from 2,200 to 4,299 points

- Classic membership:

from 1 to 2,199 points

- Welcome membership:

0 points; electronic card awarded to all passengers subscribing

to MSC Voyagers Club before cruising, with a confirmed booking.

If no cruises are completed for 3 years, the level of membership reached is lost as

described in section 1, 1.5 Length of Membership.

For example: If a Gold MSC Voyagers Club member does not sail for 3 years since

the last disembarkation date, Gold membership will be lost.

O

From how it was originally described to me, and from how I'm reading it, that applies to the actual loyalty program, not to the status match program.

I hope your right though. That's just not how I'm reading it.

Can anyone here actually confirm that MSC has matched their status from another line twice?

From how it was originally described to me, and from how I'm reading it, that applies to the actual loyalty program, not to the status match program.

I hope your right though. That's just not how I'm reading it.

Can anyone here actually confirm that MSC has matched their status from another line twice?

Ok, so status match to Black means you receive all of the perks accorded to VC members who've gotten their points by cruising many times. The Black status will remain on your account as long as you book a cruise within 3 years and you will continue to grow your points. If however, you cruise once and not again for 4 years, you will lose your Black card status and will not be permitted to use the status match again.

As long as you cruise again within the three years, your status remains Black card. When I log into my MSC account, I still have Black card status with add'l points I got from my last cruise over New Years and it tells me I have until Jan. 6th 2020 to cruise again.

HTH

PS the MSC cruisers are quite nice and don't bite :') Lot's of info on their board about this. The only thing that bothers them is that they've had to cruise many times to get to Black card status and we've been given it for nothing.

The only thing that bothers them is that they've had to cruise many times to get to Black card status and we've been given it for nothing.

I can certainly relate having been loyal to Carnival and earning Platinum status and now people can pay 50 bucks for FTTF (faster to the fun) and get most of the same benefits.

I actually didn't know that MSC offers a Loyalty Program Match to new cruisers. Are there any other cruise lines that offer something similar, regarding my loyalty status with NCL?

Edited by TrumpyNor

I don't think so, unless Royal offers something similar with X, but that wouldn't really be a different cruise line since Royal owns X, right? Even NCL doesn't offer anything close with Oceana.

It really is quite nice. Even if they only offered the embarkation perk it would be worth it to me. It was so quick and easy. But really, the whole crew, officers included were so nice and it was a real pleasant experience. But, they offer much more and if you like it and decide to continue cruising with them... wow, it really makes a very special cruise experience, IMO.

I don't think so, unless Royal offers something similar with X, but that wouldn't really be a different cruise line since Royal owns X, right? Even NCL doesn't offer anything close with Oceana.

Royal (the cruise line) doesn't own Celebrity. The parent company owns Celebrity. They are different, in the way Carnival and Princess are different. The status match program between RCI and Celebrity is actually a pretty good deal. Both have excellent perks at the higher levels.

Royal (the cruise line) doesn't own Celebrity. The parent company owns Celebrity. They are different, in the way Carnival and Princess are different. The status match program between RCI and Celebrity is actually a pretty good deal. Both have excellent perks at the higher levels.

I see, ok, I stand corrected. Makes no difference to me but could to some. Thanks

It really is quite nice. Even if they only offered the embarkation perk it would be worth it to me. It was so quick and easy. But really, the whole crew, officers included were so nice and it was a real pleasant experience. But, they offer much more and if you like it and decide to continue cruising with them... wow, it really makes a very special cruise experience, IMO.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me! :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me! :)

You're welcome. The nice thing is, it doesn't cost anything to get the status match and, you get a small discount even on your first cruise. Lots to be excited about too with the great itineraries. Their ships are something to behold as well, we loved the Divina.

I will add that, while RCCL doesn't own Celebrity, they are under the same corporate umbrella vs MSC cruises which is family owned as part of a large Italian world class shipping company.

Cheers,