MSC Loyalty Match Question with NCL

js

I did the status match and ended up not enjoying MSC at all. The Italian style just isn't for me. For what it's worth I would not do another MSC even if it was free.

Interesting. I did the Status Match for Daniel & myself, so have it in our back-pockets...but some of our closest friends called their one MSC cruise the worst they'd ever had. Trying to keep an open-mind, but would appreciate hearing what you didn't like about it.

Thanks,

Stephen

Interesting. I did the Status Match for Daniel & myself, so have it in our back-pockets...but some of our closest friends called their one MSC cruise the worst they'd ever had. Trying to keep an open-mind, but would appreciate hearing what you didn't like about it.

Thanks,

Stephen

We took our first MSC Cruise in April of this year. It was the best cruise we have been on yet. We normally have cruised and NCL in their suites and the Yacht Club on MSC was hands down better in quality food and service.

There is a much more diverse clientele feel for sure but I find that it gives the best of being on a cruise with a European flaire. Each culture is different and MSC is more well known in Europe which explains the passenger mix. We enjoyed the difference.

I am not sure what it is like not being in the YC but we have already booked 2 more cruises with MSC for 2018 and can't wait. I hope you enjoy your cruise. The ships are truly the most beautiful that I have ever been on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What is CAS?

MSC matches cruise line and hotel loyalty status. So if your Hilton Honors, Marriott rewards, etc, are higher, it's better to use those.

Does anyone know if it would be better to provide Hilton Diamond status or Marriott Platinum status? I have both. Does anyone have any experience matching a hotel program and what they will match to?

I applied yesterday with my NCL Platinum and got confirmation of my MSC Black today. Went ahead and booked an MSC cruise and for the relevant discounts etc.

That was fast. I applied over a week ago and still haven't received an email from them. I did check on the website, and my NCL Platinum did show a match to black (with an assigned MSC Voyagers number). However, while trying to book, I kept getting "can't locate" or similar. I called to book and even the agent had trouble locating my info. Now that a cruise has been booked, everything seems to be working for my account. It does appear that one cannot receive discounts while booking online.

At the same time, I applied for DH also--separate application--and still nothing. The agent said she'd get it straightened out. I'm use to hearing back within a 24 hr time frame (NCL), but after 48 hours (and 10 days), I just submitted his application again. He's also Platinum. We received a discount based on his military service so levels weren't important (not a Voyagers Selection cruise) for the booking.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I had to apply twice, the first time they issued the incorrect card, this took about a week.

When I applied the 2nd time I got my response the next day. I am only silver at the moment but that is OK as I am booked in suits for my next 2 cruises so that should push me up to gold pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That was fast. I applied over a week ago and still haven't received an email from them. I did check on the website, and my NCL Platinum did show a match to black (with an assigned MSC Voyagers number). However, while trying to book, I kept getting "can't locate" or similar. I called to book and even the agent had trouble locating my info. Now that a cruise has been booked, everything seems to be working for my account. It does appear that one cannot receive discounts while booking online.

At the same time, I applied for DH also--separate application--and still nothing. The agent said she'd get it straightened out. I'm use to hearing back within a 24 hr time frame (NCL), but after 48 hours (and 10 days), I just submitted his application again. He's also Platinum. We received a discount based on his military service so levels weren't important (not a Voyagers Selection cruise) for the booking.

Some people have said they've gotten the match in a couple days. Both of ours took roughly two weeks.

It is supposed to be a one time deal. But did both of you apply? If not, the other one can still apply.

Not sure if it's changed, but when I did a match with MSC last year (NCL Platinum to MSC Black), my MSC status sheet said it was good for 3 years from my last MSC cruise. So, it lasts for 3 years, not just one cruise.

I did book another cruise this upcoming November (Meriviglia) and they booked me as Black Card, also.

Not sure if it's changed, but when I did a match with MSC last year (NCL Platinum to MSC Black), my MSC status sheet said it was good for 3 years from my last MSC cruise. So, it lasts for 3 years, not just one cruise.

I did book another cruise this upcoming November (Meriviglia) and they booked me as Black Card, also.

From all I've read, 3 years expiry for everyone. FWIW, I just called to book two more cruises and DH's status Black match finally showed up. We, too, booked Meraviglia but for April​ 29 and May 10 BTB.

Sorry I didn't express myself clearly.

According to the MSC agent, you can only do match once and the matched status will be valid for 3 years. If you book an MSC cruise within 3 years the status will stick. But if you do not book any MSC cruise within 3 years, you will lose your matched status and you won't be able to match again.

Sorry I didn't express myself clearly.

According to the MSC agent, you can only do match once and the matched status will be valid for 3 years. If you book an MSC cruise within 3 years the status will stick. But if you do not book any MSC cruise within 3 years, you will lose your matched status and you won't be able to match again.

So after that, it never "expires"? So much to learn when looking at another cruise line.

So after that, it never "expires"? So much to learn when looking at another cruise line.

That is my understanding. However my status is not particularly high and the benefit is not particularly much so I didn't double check with the agent to make sure.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. I don't want to mislead others. :D

Any idea how long it takes after submitting a match request to find out what your match is? I submitted a match request four days ago and see a cruise I would love to book now :)

It took them 2 weeks to match my NCL Platinum to Black. (that's longer than usual)

It doesn't matter whether you receive your status before or after booking. You can just go ahead and book the cruise you want, they'll just add your status and give you the discount too. Not sure if you've called them yet, but I found it much easier to book my cruise directly through MSC. If you've already been matched but haven't received an email confirmation the person you contact will find information for you.

it took them 2 weeks to match my ncl platinum to black. (that's longer than usual)

it doesn't matter whether you receive your status before or after booking. You can just go ahead and book the cruise you want, they'll just add your status and give you the discount too. Not sure if you've called them yet, but i found it much easier to book my cruise directly through msc. If you've already been matched but haven't received an email confirmation the person you contact will find information for you.

thank you!!!!

My second match request for DH was almost instant. While I was on the phone booking, the agent said it showed up. His email arrived this morning (resent request yesterday at 10:57AM). Despite my match showing up online a week after the request (maybe earlier but didn't check), I've never received an email. So, two possibilities if one is waiting and wondering.

My TA is out of the office today... do you think if I booked directly with MSC, they would let me transfer the booking to my TA once she becomes available? I've never done this before but have heard people discuss it.

My TA is out of the office today... do you think if I booked directly with MSC, they would let me transfer the booking to my TA once she becomes available? I've never done this before but have heard people discuss it.

I have done it on Celebrity, Carnival, NCL and RCI, so unless MSC has a rule against it, it should be ok. But of course you should never assume, so I would check out the underwhelming MSC website and check the terms and conditions to see if they allow it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app