Royal Caribbean Amsterdam Cruise Pier

Does anyone know if all the cruise ships are at the same port in Amsterdam? We are on Vision of the Seas leaving Amsterdam on 6/15. Our hotel is near Central Station and we are planning on taking the tram to the cruise port. Is this a viable option? Don't want to end up in the wrong place?

Sue

Does anyone know if all the cruise ships are at the same port in Amsterdam? We are on Vision of the Seas leaving Amsterdam on 6/15. Our hotel is near Central Station and we are planning on taking the tram to the cruise port. Is this a viable option? Don't want to end up in the wrong place?

Sue

Our hotel was near Central Station and we walked to the port.

I just got off Vision Saturday, and we used the port next to the Central Station. A Holland America ship was docked behind us, so there's room for at least two ships.

Given the bicycles, commuters, trucks, etc. a quick Uber or taxi ride might make life easier with luggage, but the tram and walking are definitely doable. The port is on the righthand side of the station as you face north.

Enjoy your cruise. Captain Marek was great. Be sure to visit the Windjammer on the last sea day around 11:00-11:30 for a buffet of about 12 differently flavored layer cakes. It was amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got off Vision Saturday, and we used the port next to the Central Station. A Holland America ship was docked behind us, so there's room for at least two ships.

Given the bicycles, commuters, trucks, etc. a quick Uber or taxi ride might make life easier with luggage, but the tram and walking are definitely doable. The port is on the righthand side of the station as you face north.

Enjoy your cruise. Captain Marek was great. Be sure to visit the Windjammer on the last sea day around 11:00-11:30 for a buffet of about 12 differently flavored layer cakes. It was amazing!

As others mentioned the cruise terminal is very close to city center and Centraal Station. Easy walk (take the northern exits, not those to centre) and a short walk away. In case you want tramnr 26, then you need the centre exits and not th northern.

Indeed Captain Marek is once of the nicest captains we ever had. Loved his singing!

As others mentioned the cruise terminal is very close to city center and Centraal Station. Easy walk (take the northern exits, not those to centre) and a short walk away. In case you want tramnr 26, then you need the centre exits and not th northern.

Indeed Captain Marek is once of the nicest captains we ever had. Loved his singing!

We are doing HAL Koningsdam on July 2 then Vision on July 9. Our HAL cruise arrives the morning of July 9. Our plan is to "bag drag" from HAL dock to Vision. Did you happen to notice if that is possible? I know some ports you can't walk from one terminal to another, or do they both use the same terminal building?

Thanks

We are doing HAL Koningsdam on July 2 then Vision on July 9. Our HAL cruise arrives the morning of July 9. Our plan is to "bag drag" from HAL dock to Vision. Did you happen to notice if that is possible? I know some ports you can't walk from one terminal to another, or do they both use the same terminal building?

Thanks

The port's not that big. I think it's just one building, but I could be wrong about that. The HAL ship was docked right behind Vision (we had an aft Jr. Suite and could see their bridge), so it can't be too far.

I really think that moving yourselves would be very doable. There were port personnel outside the terminal when we left, and I'm sure they could direct you to the embarkation area. If by chance it was too far, there were plenty of taxis as we left the terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sue

You may want to double check with RCCL about the departure port. I'm on the Vision going out on 7/9 and our eDocs say the ship leaves from Waterland Terminal and not the main port. People on the roll call have been calling RCCL and they are saying there's a discrepancy between their computer records and the eDocs so they are working the issue. You might check your boarding info to see if you have the same issue for your sailing.

-- Ken

I checked the website of the Amsterdam cruiseterminal http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

and indeed on July 9th (confusing since in Europe we write that as 09/07 and not 07/09!) indeed Vision of the Seas will leave from a different alternative cruise terminal. So you will need a cab this time to go from one ship to the other. The other terminal is in an industrial area of the port, donot expect public transport or shops around there.

The correct address for this terminal is: Extra informatie: Alternatieve kade Westhaven. VCK Waterland terminal, Elbaweg 10, 1044 AD, Amsterdam

I checked the website of the Amsterdam cruiseterminal http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

and indeed on July 9th (confusing since in Europe we write that as 09/07 and not 07/09!) indeed Vision of the Seas will leave from a different alternative cruise terminal. So you will need a cab this time to go from one ship to the other. The other terminal is in an industrial area of the port, donot expect public transport or shops around there.

The correct address for this terminal is: Extra informatie: Alternatieve kade Westhaven. VCK Waterland terminal, Elbaweg 10, 1044 AD, Amsterdam

Thanks Ine

We are on the same July 9 Vision of the Seas with Ken ( Swing King ).

Any estimate on the cost of a taxi from the airport to Waterland ?

I am hoping the taxi's are metered so we don't get ripped off and the driver knows how to get there.

Murray

Thanks Ine

I am hoping the taxi's are metered so we don't get ripped off and the driver knows how to get there.

Murray

fare finder: https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Amsterdam-Netherlands&from=Amsterdam+Schiphol+Airport+(AMS)

Ine and dogs4fun, thanks for the info! I had booked staying at the Movenpick specifically so we'd be close to the port, but you know what they say about best laid plans. :(

Still, not going to let this get in the way of enjoying our time in Amsterdam and our cruise in the baltic. We'll be there in less than a month!

-- Ken

Thanks Ine

Murray

Plenty of cabs around the airport and yes metered, but......... be aware that also ""pirate"" drivers are around offering (or better pushing!) their services, often inside the terminal, sometimes outside. You might even see guys wearing a shirt stating official cabdriver, but unfortunately that is fake too. Lately there is more control to keep them out, that is the good news of course.

The official cabs are outside at the dedicated place, no problem finding them,

Another option might be to arrange a cab by Uber.

I just received an e-mail from RCCL. We are on the Vision leaving the Amsterdam Terminal on June 27, but will return to the Waterland Terminal on July 9. I am being told that RCCL will "offer" a transfer from the ship to the Central Station (for a cost) or a FREE shuttle to Sloterdijk train station where we can catch a train to the airport. How would we buy a ticket to catch this train? Will taxis be available at Waterland Terminal to take us to the airport? Any idea on cost? Will UBER be available at Waterland Terminal? Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

Thanks for the info. We just got the email tonight. Looks like we'll be moving from port to port. Appreciate the info.

I just received an e-mail from RCCL. We are on the Vision leaving the Amsterdam Terminal on June 27, but will return to the Waterland Terminal on July 9. I am being told that RCCL will "offer" a transfer from the ship to the Central Station (for a cost) or a FREE shuttle to Sloterdijk train station where we can catch a train to the airport. How would we buy a ticket to catch this train? Will taxis be available at Waterland Terminal to take us to the airport? Any idea on cost? Will UBER be available at Waterland Terminal? Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

I will also be on your cruise and have the same questions. I was thinking just wait to get onboard ship and make arrangements to the airport for an early afternoon flight. See you soon.

Janet