Asking for split beads prior to the cruise

When we did the Oasis daughters' were in their own cabin and beds were seperated when we got there. I did put it that way on my cruise planner. But if it's not they will do it with no issues. Plenty of blankets as my one daughter asked for an extra because the other daughter wanted the air on higher.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

On our last Jewel cruise when we entered the cabin the beds were split. We advised the cabin steward we would like the bed made into the king configuration. When we got back to he cabin later that evening our request was granted and no extra tip required.

Ha!

Then they only gave me three and said since the other reservation are minors you only need one for them to board.

We are three people and routinely board with one set sail pass. One time we had two because I chose for some reason that I wasn't responsible for hubby's charges lol. That generated a pass for him and a pass for me and the kiddo. But when I accept hubby's charges we are all on one. This isn't a problem, glitch, or issue. It's normal.

Even though the information is recorded the ships no longer get the information. It's just luck if you get the beds set up the way you want but as others have stated it really doesn't matter as they will change it to your preference during dinner.

I thought it was years ago that this happened, yes? They haven't gone by what the preference is in ages. So if the bed isn't right when you board you let the attendant know to change it. Simple.

I arrived on one cruise to split beds and requested they be put together it wasn't an issue as far as I could tell just slip the steward a little tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the tip for? It's there job, to honor your request. I would save the tipping for the end to see how they perform.

If I'm recalling correctly, it's under "onboard preferences". Look under the "my cruises" section and then "profile". I have mine set to "apart/both apart".

That's right but just to add, you have to click the "Onboard Preferences" button on the left side to set the bed preference (or as listed, "Room Arrangement").

But if what others have said already on this thread is right, it probably doesn't matter! :p