Asking for split beads prior to the cruise

I just got off the phone with RCI and was told that they are unable to honor a request to split the beds into twins prior to the cruise. Of note they did not have my name or reservation number prior to the request but this is for my upcoming Oasis sailing. I'm pretty sure I've read some on this very board getting this request honored prior to cruising....just seems inconvenient to thave them make the bed, then we meet our room attendant in the afternoon (maybe) then request two twin beds instead.

cstimmons, don't worry about it. If the beds are made up together when you arrive, just tell your cabin steward (or leave a note) and they will be split while you are at dinner.

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

I have two teenagers in an adjoining balcony room on their first cruise and I'm just trying to minimize hiccups. I read on here by somone that they asked for split beds when they arrived and were told there werent enough blankets available.

I have two teenagers in an adjoining balcony room on their first cruise and I'm just trying to minimize hiccups. I read on here by somone that they asked for split beds when they arrived and were told there werent enough blankets available.

Nonsense. There will be no hiccups or problems.

Bon Voyage!

I arrived on one cruise to split beds and requested they be put together it wasn't an issue as far as I could tell just slip the steward a little tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonsense. There will be no hiccups or problems.

Bon Voyage!

Ha!

We are driving from Texas to Arkansas to Georgia to Florida... There's gonna be hiccups....but thanks I can't wait to check out Oasis and take my kids on their first cruise.

Also, they have a problem with their system and had to email me setsail passes. Then they only gave me three and said since the other reservation are minors you only need one for them to board. In addion the number on the cruise planner to call for help was an endless loop of advertisements for directv, Tmobile etc. The joys of being under 30 days (19 if you count our pre-cruise adventure)

If you could direct me where that's at I'd appreciate it. I've looked all over my reservations and didn't see an option for it.

Log into your account on the Royal site. Go to "my cruises" then to "profile" then to "onboard preferences", then you will have the option of the bed arrangement. Hopefully they will notice your request and keep the beds separate prior to boarding.

Ha!

We are driving from Texas to Arkansas to Georgia to Florida... There's gonna be hiccups....but thanks I can't wait to check out Oasis and take my kids on their first cruise.

Also, they have a problem with their system and had to email me setsail passes. Then they only gave me three and said since the other reservation are minors you only need one for them to board. In addion the number on the cruise planner to call for help was an endless loop of advertisements for directv, Tmobile etc. The joys of being under 30 days (19 if you count our pre-cruise adventure)

We've boarded with one set sail pass for the 4 of us many times, it's not an issue.

Log into your account on the Royal site. Go to "my cruises" then to "profile" then to "onboard preferences", then you will have the option of the bed arrangement. Hopefully they will notice your request and keep the beds separate prior to boarding.

Many Thanks! Ive never seen this area before or thought to look here.

Very strange that they were not willing to honor your request for something so simple. Did you book with directly with Royal or with an agent? When we made our reservation for Oasis with our agency, they asked how we wanted the bed arranged and our preference was showing on our booking under My Cruises on the RC web site in a day or so.

Very strange that they were not willing to honor your request for something so simple. Did you book with directly with Royal or with an agent? When we made our reservation for Oasis with our agency, they asked how we wanted the bed arranged and our preference was showing on our booking under My Cruises on the RC web site in a day or so.

Even though the information is recorded the ships no longer get the information. It's just luck if you get the beds set up the way you want but as others have stated it really doesn't matter as they will change it to your preference during dinner.

We need split beds, and we were not able to change it from our normal preference for one bed. I called and they told me that I couldn't do it, and neither could they, because we had an onboard credit on our reservation (it did say online that we had to call to make any changes to the reservation).

We are not worried; we know the cabin steward will be around when we get to the cabin, so we will just ask him or her then.

I must say, the RCI CSR come up with some doozie BS nonsense.

Right on the top of our booking dashboard, it says:

cor_systemerror_ico.gifPlease note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner.

So that is consistent, but it claims they can do it, and I was told no.

They told you a "story"

My sis and I cruise together. A couple years ago the cabin attendant asked me why sis couldn't just sleep on the sleeper sofa instead of her having to separate the beds.
How rude! I hope you insisted on getting what you asked for. I have shared a cabin with my teenage grandson on two cruises, plus on two others I shared with my adult daughter. Every single time we arrived to find the beds together, even when we had requested them separated. Our stewards were always accommodating, but it seemed a shame that they had to change them. However, in the rush of changeover day, that may make the most sense for them.

We always request the beds apart. It is the default setting on our account. We have cruised 4 times, and the beds have been together every time. Your cabin steward will separate them during dinner the first night. I know it makes more sense to do it right away, but they never seem to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you could direct me where that's at I'd appreciate it. I've looked all over my reservations and didn't see an option for it.

If I'm recalling correctly, it's under "onboard preferences". Look under the "my cruises" section and then "profile". I have mine set to "apart/both apart".