What books are you taking on your cruise?

renjrusa

I bring my kindle which always has a few unread titles currently working on The Outlander series. I have been known to read at least one book a cruise and start a second. I love grabbing a lounger on a sea day and just read and people watch plus I love to unwind by reading before bed. Also it depends on the ports of its a few beachy stops then I'm sure to get some reading in then as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I hate to admit this .... but most of the time after I finish a Lucas Davenport/Prey novel, for days I'm wondering what is going on with Weather or Letty or Lucas and gang. I get so immersed.

Don't ask me ... I'll tell you to read the book! ;p

Isn't it funny how you can miss someone that doesn't actually exist? Series are particularly dangerous this way. You start thinking of the characters as part of your world. I guess, in a way, they are. At least while you're reading.

I finally gave up taking paperback books on a cruise. I just got a kindle, my husband got a tablet. Now we just download free books from the internet and my local library. I would take 5-6 paperback books but now current best sellers are on my kindle! Much easier and no weight in my suitcase! I take both in my carry-on.

I finally gave up taking paperback books on a cruise. I just got a kindle, my husband got a tablet. Now we just download free books from the internet and my local library. I would take 5-6 paperback books but now current best sellers are on my kindle! Much easier and no weight in my suitcase! I take both in my carry-on.

I take my Nook everywhere now. But I do miss carrying actual paperbacks. Because when I go on vacation with 4 or 5 paperbacks, I leave them there in their 'Share Library'. Then I have space in luggage for souvenirs!

• 2 weeks later...
My DW takes her iPad, and it contains at least 150 books! She is downloading more all the time! She reads romance novels, some of which are a series with new books coming out anywhere from monthly to annually. When she doesn't have a new book, she will reread some of her old favorites.

Me - no book, no paper, nothing! Cruise to get away, completely. It takes effort to read the daily cruise bulletin:)

Wow! DW sounds like me! Who are some of her favorite romance authors and which series books has she found that she's enjoyed? I'm always on the hunt for new romance novels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! DW sounds like me! Who are some of her favorite romance authors and which series books has she found that she's enjoyed? I'm always on the hunt for new romance novels.

Stephanie Laurens, Kasey Michaels, Julie Garwood, Eloisa James - her favorite ones, mostly historical romance, some in a series, some not. She is always waiting for the next download of a new book!

Stephanie Laurens, Kasey Michaels, Julie Garwood, Eloisa James - her favorite ones, mostly historical romance, some in a series, some not. She is always waiting for the next download of a new book!

Thanks!! [emoji2] I'll definitely be looking them up on my kindle once the little ones go to sleep!

When on Princess i like to go to the library and see what books they have. Since I am basically held captive on the ship I will have more time to read then at home. I have picked out some interesting books this way. I usually like Sci Fi and biography's.

Well, we've hit the used books stores in our area this week, big time! Stocked up on JDRobb, Nora Roberts, Gregory MacGuire, JAJance, Wilbur Smith, Philippa Gregory ... quite a few others ... most of them for less than $1! Great books to read on the plane, in the hotel, and on the ship ... and then leave behind! Got a couple of long cruises coming up!

I bring a Kindle and download some new free books and usually one or two books that I already own but love and like to reread--usually have to pay for these. I also bring one 'just in case something goes wrong with my Kindle' book for flying since I get really antsy if I don't have a book.

I like thrillers, classics, Sci Fi and some teen books if well written. I try to find books in the ship's library, but those are getting worse and worse. For older authors I enjoy Agatha Christie, Rosemary Sutcliff, Georgette Heyer, Tolkien, early Heinlein, before he got weird, and many newer authors like Jo Jo Moyes. I can reread books I love again and again, including some children's literature.

I can easily read 3-4 books in a week, especially on a cruise where I may spend hours on a lounge in the shade, plus I stay up really late at all times. We are notiinto to a lot of the activities on cruises; it's all about relaxation when on the ship. We're more activity on port days.

I finished two books during this 5 day cruise and as soon as I came home order some Stephen king books.Mr. Mercedes will be my first for my next cruise..Love the solarium on Grandeur for reading...