MicroSD Card

That is a good idea and I guess makes it very easy for knowing which pics are from which day

I have a different card for each day too. The first picture I take is the front page of the Fun Times with the date and port information. I know where the rest of the pictures were taken plus I have the reboarding time with me if I need it.

Taking pics of your vacation is great, to preserve and share your memories of your trip, but if you get too caught up in taking pics of everything and everywhere, you may find out later that your memories of your trip are of trying to get the perfect photo and not so much of being in the moment.

I agree. We are always the ones who walk by the groups of people who are waiting to take a picture with the perfect background. We usually say "let's do that when we get back to the port" and half of the time, we don't even bother then lol. We still take a bunch of pictures, but I have probably 3-4 trips of vacation photos on one memory card with tons of room to spare. If there happen to be really good photos, we get them printed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Taking pics of your vacation is great, to preserve and share your memories of your trip, but if you get too caught up in taking pics of everything and everywhere, you may find out later that your memories of your trip are of trying to get the perfect photo and not so much of being in the moment.

I agree. It's something that I've had to work on myself over the years. Seeing some of the things we've seen through the lens of a camera can take away from the experience. I want photos because they're great keepsakes and I enjoy looking through my old photos years later, but I also don't want to get too caught up and fail to enjoy the moment.

The reviews on this forum can be helpful & entertaining, but I'm amazed by the amount of time people spend taking photos during their cruise just for their review. Judging by some of them, I feel like some people spend more time worrying about creating the perfect cruise review than enjoying the cruise. Pictures that aren't normally things people would take for themselves. Every piece of artwork on every wall on board, every buffet station (to include condiment stations like at Guy's), ice cream machines, ATM's, every little thing on board. I know they're popular on here and I'm probably in the minority, but I can't help but think to myself, don't worry so much about pleasing the CC crowd with a review that it takes away from your vacation.

I now bring a couple and change them after every port!! I left my camera in our cabin on debarkation day :loudcry: even though I called carnival as soon as I realized forgot it I never did get it back. Luckily I had change out my SD card a couple times so I only lost a few pictures.

We take all our photos with an Iphone. When in port, we always find a free wifi hot spot, where the photos automatically upload to iCloud. Some of the newer cameras have wifi and can do the same.

If you weren't as cheap as me and you purchased an internet plan, you can sync your pics from the sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really liking these "a card per day" and "take a photo of your contact info" suggestions.

I especially like the thought of rotating cards, since my mom once had her camera stolen while in port (right from her arm, it was a passing bicycle thief) and she lost all the photos from her Panama Canal cruise. :o

I bring a laptop with me and download my pics onto it, then upload them to someplace where I can access them from anywhere. I do this daily while on vacation. This is way, heaven forbid my laptop or camera gets stolen, my pictures are safe. Electronics can be replaced. Memories cannot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year I got by just fine with the 8gb card in my DSLR. I only took it into port with me on the first stop, then didn't want to carry it after that, so just used my iPhone while off the ship. I'm contemplating not even taking it on our next cruise, but I love the quality of photos and having a nice zoom lens, which I enjoy using for a lot of outdoor shots. So I haven't convinced myself to leave it at home yet.

Now we have a GoPro. I wanted something to take snorkeling, etc. and found a great deal on one during last year's Black Friday sales. I had read about people who take a portable hard drive with them and transfer photos/videos to it every night, but I didn't want to go that route. I do have an external hard drive. I don't want to buy a new one because the one I have has a lot of space left on it, but I also don't wan to take it on a cruise and risk something happening to it because it contains all of my photo backups. So I recently bought a 128gb flash drive that was on sale for $40 (normally $120). Since I don't want to take my laptop on the cruise, I'll take my tablet. It doesn't have enough space on it to store much, so I'll just use it as a go-between to transfer photos/videos taken with the GoPro to the new flash drive.

Really liking these "a card per day" and "take a photo of your contact info" suggestions.

I especially like the thought of rotating cards, since my mom once had her camera stolen while in port (right from her arm, it was a passing bicycle thief) and she lost all the photos from her Panama Canal cruise. :o

Every one of my memory cards has my address on it and a note saying thank you for finding my camera plz send it to this address, if you decide to keep the camera plz send my memories back to me. In the case of me forgetting it in my cabin, I know I left it on the bed so it probably ended up in the wash....... :eek: