Verizon gift cards....again!

grest

I apologize to those who have read enough of these.

I have been successful in getting gift cards from both Verizon and AARP, and find that it is much easier to replenish the AARP rewards points. Does anyone have good ideas about how to quickly obtain Verizon rewards points? Thanks.

I apologize to those who have read enough of these.

I have been successful in getting gift cards from both Verizon and AARP, and find that it is much easier to replenish the AARP rewards points. Does anyone have good ideas about how to quickly obtain Verizon rewards points? Thanks.

Beyond my unrealistic scenario I mentioned above, your post did make me wonder how to earn points beyond the 10 points/dollar spent on your monthly bill so I logged in to my Verizon account to see what was available. If you go to your Verizon Smart Rewards page, near the top right there is a link titled "Earn". Click on that and it will take you to another page with a list of all the ways you can earn their reward points. There were things listed that I had no idea about - e.g. 300 points just for logging in to your account once per month, 5000 points one-time (and 500 more monthly) just for signing up for auto pay on your statement. Check it out!

It's too bad there isn't some way to "gift" Verizon points to another Verizon customer - I've got more points than I know what to do with and giving some to you would solve your issue.... kind of. :)

I agree! I have thousands that will never get used!

Edit: Holy cow I just logged in and checked - 207,000 to be exact!

Edited by Frank12

How to earn Verizon points. https://rewards.verizonwireless.com/gateway?t=earn_points

Last time I dropped below 100,000 Verizon points was 2 years ago when I bid on a $100 Verizon gift card and won it. I get thousands of points each month. I have 9 lines on my Verizon account and if you pay on time you get bonus points, then there's anniversary points. Last statement I had 450k points. This months statement I have 465k points. Bidding points on the auction stuff these days is pointless. 2 years ago $100 gift cards went for 130k-180k points. Now a $25 gift card goes for 350k-400k points.

I'm feeling smug because I just got an extra $20 to spend on my cruise! I got $200 gift card from work (recognition for a special effort) and I just bought 2 discounted gift cards for $180 (worth $200) so now I have $20 left to buy something fun from the Funshops! Guilt free! Like I said, smug!

Would someone please explain the pros/cons of the eGift card over the mail order? We are wanted to book a cruise a month away & wanted to see if we purchase the eGift card would we be able to book the cruise immediately? Also, from anyone's personal experience, if we purchase eGift cards do we have to book directly or can we go thru a third party?

Thank you!

The ecard is received quickly via email. I used to get the plastic gift cards which take longer to receive, between 1-2 weeks in my experience. I book direct with Carnival so I cant help you with the 3rd party question. If I were booking with a 3rd party, I would just give them the card number and pin no different than providing your credit card info. Not sure if you get them from Verizon but they are available all the time now. They used to be sporadic and would sell out in a second.

The ecard is received quickly via email. I used to get the plastic gift cards which take longer to receive, between 1-2 weeks in my experience. I book direct with Carnival so I cant help you with the 3rd party question. If I were booking with a 3rd party, I would just give them the card number and pin no different than providing your credit card info. Not sure if you get them from Verizon but they are available all the time now. They used to be sporadic and would sell out in a second.

Thank you Woodfaerie! You answered my question.

I have used both Verizon and AARP to ,make payments toward our booked cruise....booked with an online agency, not Carnival. Easy peasy....they just need the number on the card/ecard and the pin.

How many points does it cost for a 500.00 gift card? My friend at work has Verizon and said he'll buy me the card to pay my 500.00 balance on my Conquest cruise in Oct. Of course I'll give him the 450.00!

It takes 5000 point to get a $500 gift card which will cost $450.