Copenhagen

Referee13

C opednhagen is one of our faavorite cities and is very walkable . Pedes trian friendly, go to Tivoli during the day or evening. certainly, get a peek at little mermaid,, see changing of the guard YOu havea computer, do some reading, determine which sights interest you. Get a taxi if you need traansportation. Each time we went, we did lots of walking. Either get a trtavel book or find info on line. If you want to shop, Stroget is your friend.

Hi all!

Yes, you can do it on your own. My friend & I, both senior women, did! We bought Copenhagen Cards, me in advance, her at the airport which allowed free transport from the airport & on other means of transportation around the City. It also included free admission to many places & discounts on other things. Don't miss Tivoli Gardens, it's lovely & has a lot going on. We saw a little ballet performance there, ate a lovely open faced sandwich & walked around. There was also music & rides.

It seems on Wednesdays & Saturdays there are fireworks which were a little late in the evening for us jet lagged gals & the place must look beautiful when the lights come on however late that might be now.

The main railroad station, which is quite nice, is across from the Gardens.

We also went to the Rosenborg Castle to see the crown jewels & little changing of the guard. Unfortunately we missed the boat cruise that would have taken us past the Little Mermaid.:(

I wasn't really excited about going to Copenhagen but ended up really enjoying it before our NCL Getaway Baltic cruise.

Hope you do too!

~ Jo ~ :)

On our first time, we stayed in a hotel near the airport and a distance to the town. The hotel concierge explained how we can get around. With the Copenhagen Card they sold us, and their flyers on sites to visit, we got to the train station just across and was able to move around easily and enjoyed the sites.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

dd and dw just spent several days there staying in an airbnb and getting around by foot and Copen' card. Ready to go back at any time. p.s. 'little mermaid' is very viewable from shore ... no need for a boat ride

1454065816_aimemermaidtwosmall.jpg.95a425ddee40c828aa3fd56f65ca5e61.jpg

We have just spent 2 days pre a cruise and 3 days post a cruise in Copenhagen. We stayed within a 10 minute walk of Central Station and used the Hop on Hop off bus which has its 2nd stop right across the road from the station. The option we used gave us 48 hrs on the bus and also included a canal cruise which was very enjoyable. There is an excellent Visitor information centre also very close to this same stop and well worth a visit. I agree Tivoli Gardens is well worth a visit, and there are very reasonable restaurants in the complex.

Beautiful city. We used the Hop On Hop Off bus, which included a cruise. Good buffet restaurant in Tivoli Garden. Food is quite expensive. Excellent public transportation. Have a great time there and enjoy your cruise.

Check destination boards for Europe, the Baltics, lots of good info there. Lovely city, most people speak some English, lovely bakery/coffee shop opposite main station. Little mermaid is best seen on shore, take a ferry, have a look, get back on ferry easy, subway, metro easy to use.