Escape Entertainment Changing?

JamesIlsley

I am booked on the Escape on the 9/30 sailing and am unable to book any entertainment. I see After Midnight and For The Record: Brat Pack but both say they don't offer reservations (was on Escape last year and know both of those shows did) I called NCL and they said they have nothing in the system yet. They said either they are behind or there is a change over happening.

Anyone have any inside info? A little googling shows me that end of September is when the contracts end for the performers that boarded in March. I'm just hoping I am not in a change over week with an "in between" substitute show.

Looks like they will be changing out either the casts or the shows the week of the 22nd or the 30th. Anyone on the 22nd sailing who was able to reserve shows? I know sometimes they put in a temp show the week between. Hoping I am not during that week

I am booked on the Escape on the 9/30 sailing and am unable to book any entertainment. I see After Midnight and For The Record: Brat Pack but both say they don't offer reservations (was on Escape last year and know both of those shows did) I called NCL and they said they have nothing in the system yet. They said either they are behind or there is a change over happening.

Anyone have any inside info? A little googling shows me that end of September is when the contracts end for the performers that boarded in March. I'm just hoping I am not in a change over week with an "in between" substitute show.

Awww man! I'm on that sailing too and I wanted to book After Midnight. I just thought maybe we were too far out from our sail date. I hope they give us something good if they do change. I've seek Burn the Floor like 3 times. I slept in and missed seeing Legally Blonde but did get to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert which I enjoyed.

Looks like they will be changing out either the casts or the shows the week of the 22nd or the 30th. Anyone on the 22nd sailing who was able to reserve shows? I know sometimes they put in a temp show the week between. Hoping I am not during that week

We are on the 9/23 sailing and have After Midnight and For the Record The Brat Pack reserved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is OLD info you just posted. This show has been complimentary in the main theater for over a year now.

Excuse me???

That's hardly OLD. It is a current screenshot of my current October Escape vacation summary, and it shows the current entertainment available to book online since my reservation window just opened last week (which I would not personally find to be OLD).

Perhaps NCL IT needs to get their act together, but I'm not the one sharing OLD info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Excuse me???

That's hardly OLD. It is a current screenshot of my current October Escape vacation summary, and it shows the current entertainment available to book online since my reservation window just opened last week (which I would not personally find to be OLD).

Perhaps NCL IT needs to get their act together, but I'm not the one sharing OLD info.

Unfortunately, it's not old information. We're on the Escape in February of 2018 and this is what shows up for us as well (but of course we can't book anything yet).

It's amazing that this show has been free in the main theater for well over a year and the online system still shows it as a dinner show that you pay in order to attend.

Excuse me???

In other words, it is OLD, it's just not your fault. It's not valid, current info. That's the point I was making. Don't be so touchy.

That is OLD info you just posted. This show has been complimentary in the main theater for over a year now.

How is 10 AM yesterday OLD? We are on the same cruise and my account shows the same thing. Exactly. The. Same. Thing

There is a charge listed for the dinner show and the show w/o dinner shows a zero price.

I'd post a screen shot, but I suspect that you'd call it "OLD" if you didn't see it for a few hours.

How is 10 AM yesterday OLD? We are on the same cruise and my account shows the same thing. Exactly. The. Same. Thing

There is a charge listed for the dinner show and the show w/o dinner shows a zero price.

I'd post a screen shot, but I suspect that you'd call it "OLD" if you didn't see it for a few hours.

I believe you! Good grief!! My point is that when Escape first sailed, this show was in the Supper Club for a price. It then moved to the theater for free. It's been free in the main theater for over a year now.

Maybe they moved it back to the Supper Club, and there will be a brand spanking new production show in the theater? Hmmmmm. If so, this would be the first it's been mentioned. Otherwise, it's just NCL posting old info. There is no reason for you to be threatened by it.

That would be awesome if there is a new show coming.

BTW, wanted to know if anyone else with current bookings had trouble making a reservation for the floor show of the Brat Pack (free)?

It allowed me to book the two of us, but when I went to cart to check out, it told me that the item was no longer available and removed it from my cart.

I reported it to the IT department, and concierge was able to book for me over the phone.

There is no reason for you to be threatened by it.

Not threatened in the least.

All I know is that I see the same thing. It may be a system glitch, but the screen shot the previous poster put up is accurate. I see the same thing. (The dimensions of the screen are different because I was looking at a full size monitor, but the information is the same.)

If it's a system problem, there's no way for me to know it. It our first NCL cruise.

Trina- are you in NC? We are in RDU and will be on the same sailing.

I'm also on the 9/30 Escape sailing and was wondering why I couldn't book the show. I started to think I hadn't actually hit the 90 day mark, but I was able to make dining reservations, so I was stumped

Correct. Still unable to book. I have seen in the past where they bring in temporary entertainment like an act from America's Got Talent for a week when they change over. Hope that is not the case.

So are those of you on the 9/30 sailing still unable to book After Midnight and the complimentary showing of For the Record-The Brat pack? I do wonder if they are going to change the shows.

Is it unusual or normal for them to change out both major shows at the same time? Or would both major shows just be getting new casts at the same time?

On our last Escape cruise (June) they had a great 'extra' show performed by members of After Midnight. They did Motown songs in the Atrium and they were fantastic. Very talented group!

BTW, wanted to know if anyone else with current bookings had trouble making a reservation for the floor show of the Brat Pack (free)?

It allowed me to book the two of us, but when I went to cart to check out, it told me that the item was no longer available and removed it from my cart.

I reported it to the IT department, and concierge was able to book for me over the phone.

I had no problem booking the free show for our Sept 23 cruise.