Aft Balcony

Also, wake noise makes it hard to talk on the balcony with each other. I didn't like the aft balcony cabin.

What ship and deck were you on that you found noise to be an issue? We usually sail deck 10 aft but have sailed deck 7 corner aft on Jewel of the Seas and had no issues with noise from the wake.

How about vibration?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The worst experience for us were on the Enchantment and Rhapsody, when the ship was in a hurry.

But the corner JS afts on those shifts are amazing. We did each corner on the Rhapsody for an Alaska and Eastern Med cruise- totally worth it. People claim that you don't spend time in your cabin- well, we spent 5 hours one morning just watching Alaska.

The worst experience for us were on the Enchantment and Rhapsody, when the ship was in a hurry.

But the corner JS afts on those shifts are amazing. We did each corner on the Rhapsody for an Alaska and Eastern Med cruise- totally worth it. People claim that you don't spend time in your cabin- well, we spent 5 hours one morning just watching Alaska.

That is what we are hoping to do, we have JS 1100 on Radiance booked for next May.

How about vibration?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in an AFT on voyager of the seas (7688) the vibration was only really when it was getting in and out of port.

Bit more motion but to me the motion is what I love. Rocks me to sleep.

I am in an aft cabin deck 9 on the radiance to New Zealand and will be interested to see who she handles crossing the Tasman sea which is notorious for its rough seas.

We were in an AFT on voyager of the seas (7688) the vibration was only really when it was getting in and out of port.

Bit more motion but to me the motion is what I love. Rocks me to sleep.

I am in an aft cabin deck 9 on the radiance to New Zealand and will be interested to see who she handles crossing the Tasman sea which is notorious for its rough seas.

We were aft corner on Radiance on Deck 7 crossing the Pacific Ocean from Honolulu to Vancouver. NO noise or vibration issues. (internet, on the other hand........................:()

We have 8390 on the aft corner of Navigator and it shows some kind of obstruction, anyone know what it is?

Your cabin opposite side Voyager Class.

This is cabin 8690 the mirror image of 8390.....

Enjoy....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Had a aft on breakaway wake was beautiful and loved huge balcony. But there is more movement and a little more engine noise especially when docking. And defiently agree with long walks but quiet halls.

I was going to ask about the diesel engine noise/shuddering? I've never had the pleasure of an aft cabin ... maybe some day. :)

We were aft corner on Radiance on Deck 7 crossing the Pacific Ocean from Honolulu to Vancouver. NO noise or vibration issues. (internet, on the other hand........................:()

Sounds like the radiance will be perfect for our crossing of the Tasman, just won't count on the Internet.

We have done hump and aft. Our first choice has always been hump, but we were lucky to get a corner JS on Vision. I was concerned as I tend towards motion sickness so I figured that could be an issue as we might feel more movement. I was happy to say I didn't notice any extra movement. I was also concerned about the vibration (why my coworker says lulls her to sleep there). Although there was vibration it was so minimal for the most part I had to 'pay extra attention' to notice it.

We were booked for hump on Serenade next year but saw an aft open up and I was so happy I was able to swap to it as it was same category, no cost issues. One reason for switching is we were reminded last month on Radiance that when we were on Vision, the hump cabins were off the centrum so you could hear noise at night. We had this issue on the Legend and that's when we found out they play until midnight. Although that shouldn't be an issue for Liberty as they have a promenade, not centrum.

Happy sailing.

Erika