Debarkation the Breakaway in NY....

marianneyaya

I need your opinion.....which do you prefer?? Getting off the ship ASAP or relax and get off later? Does anyone know when they kick the last people off? I need to let the car service know when to pick us up.

Also....I read someplace to have the driver pick us up in the location designated for dropped off. Others say across the street. Will they allow pick ups in the drop off area?

Thanks!

I'm usually in Haven & try to wait for the craziness to slowdown out of NY. Around 9:30 I disembark. I have a minor disability so my car service picks me up where they dropped me off

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been picked up in drop off but our driver gets called before we head off the ship and again as we exit the customs building. The driver, our DD, grabs some coffee with a bagel and sits in a quiet area a few blocks away until first call and then heads up the ramp on the second call. DD is willing to circle once or twice if necessary. The police will keep them moving unless your curbside ready to jump in the car.

Crossing the street might be easier... but in all my cruises I've never had to .

Not sure a car service driver would be willing to jump through those hoops !

Just from what I've read here on CC, it seems like a great deal of the passengers on the BA try to disembark ASAP, leading to long lines just to get off the ship. We're going to follow our usual routine of getting a leisurely breakfast and disembarking among the last group of passengers.

I have seen postings that say that disembarkation is a nightmare due to customs backups. I imagine that this would increase the number of people who want to disembark early.

Is this the norm?

What are your disembarkation experiences? I need to have an idea in order to schedule my return bus.

I get last call off the ship and the lines are not bad. We also take a bus home. I schedule that for 12:30 so I am not rushing to get there. I'll be on the ship this coming week so I can let you know better when I return.

I have seen postings that say that disembarkation is a nightmare due to customs backups. I imagine that this would increase the number of people who want to disembark early.

Is this the norm?

What are your disembarkation experiences? I need to have an idea in order to schedule my return bus.

Every time we get picked up it is at the drop off area. Exactly how can they stop this?

A car drops someone off

A car can pick someone up

Everyone will have luggage at the drop off area and none of these people will be wearing signs saying...

I just got off

I'm just getting on

9:30/10 am the drop off area is teeming with people

Of course if you act like you don't know where you are going when you get off the ship the port people/ncl people will definitely guide you across the street to the northbound side of 48th st and 12th Ave

They want you out of the way!!!! Lol

We prefer to be in the later group for disembarkation, cross the street, grab a cab, and head to Penn Station for a mid afternoon train home. No rushing off for us.

What type of train are you taking? I wouldn't mind taking a train from 30th street station in PHL but from what I read you are only allowed one carry on bag. No "Checked" type of luggage

What type of train are you taking? I wouldn't mind taking a train from 30th street station in PHL but from what I read you are only allowed one carry on bag. No "Checked" type of luggage

That might be true with Amtrak, but in the past I parked at the Pennsauken NJ river line station for free. Then took it north till it ended in Trenton, crossed the street and took the NJ Transit line to Penn Station and then a cab to the port. Had two large suitcases and one carry on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app