Oasis Solarium Bistro??

Is there a cost for eating dinner at the Solarium Bistro?

If so what is the cost?

And how is the food for dinner?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Free, except for two extra cost entrees. One is lamb and I forget the other. Around $10 extra.

Can you make a reservation prior to the cruise? I don't see anywhere where you can do that in the cruise planner.

It was available in our Cruise Planner for pre-cruise reservations. Maybe it's just not close enough to your cruise?

We made pre-cruise reservations as well (free).

The other entree that cost extra was surf and turf last week.

If you are OK with the menu (can be found online), I thought the food was quite good. I especially enjoyed the seafood (mussels, calamari, shrimp on the app buffet, snapper for main course).

If it never shows up on my cruise planner, could I make a reservation for the solarium bistro once on the ship?

Sure, that's what we did. Just walk in anytime and ask one of the crewmembers there.

We made pre-cruise reservations as well (free).

The other entree that cost extra was surf and turf last week.

If you are OK with the menu (can be found online), I thought the food was quite good. I especially enjoyed the seafood (mussels, calamari, shrimp on the app buffet, snapper for main course).

Where can you find the menu online? It's not listed with the Dining options in the Cruise Planner.

Where can you find the menu online? It's not listed with the Dining options in the Cruise Planner.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53253025&postcount=57

That's from last month. There were a couple small changes last week but not many.

Also, FWIW, if you haven't read that thread's review, I highly recommend it. It has about every menu and piece of info for the entire ship along with pictures and opinions.

Bob especially likes Solarium Bistro for breakfast as he looks for the delicious turkey bacon.;p;p:p:p

Ocean Boy too! LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm the only one on this board who likes the turkey bacon! Have taken a lot of flak for it over the years! ;p:D

I think I'm the only one on this board who likes the turkey bacon! Have taken a lot of flak for it over the years! ;p:D

I actually really like turkey bacon, but only the stuff I buy at home (Oscar Mayer)...it's a lot less grease than the real

bacon (though the real bacon is ooooohhh so good!).

But whatever that shoe leather they have on the ship that they call turkey bacon...yuck...nasty...I can see why Bob has

nightmares!! :o:o

I was just able to book the Solarium Bistro for dinner for 2 nights at no charge for our February, 2018 Oasis cruise. It is one of the choices in the drop down menu under dining.

That is correct. It is no longer a for-fee venue.

There are two entrees with an upcharge, if you prefer them.

IMG_0685.jpg

I was just able to book the Solarium Bistro for dinner for 2 nights at no charge for our February, 2018 Oasis cruise. It is one of the choices in the drop down menu under dining.

Maybe I'm dumb, but still don't see where I can book the Solarium for dinner! We sail Oct. 2017, so it shouldn't be too soon if you can book for Feb 2018. I'm looking on my "Cruise Planner" under Dining. I only see the for Pay Options or My Time Dining which doesn't show the Solarium. Could you please help me find where to book it? :( Thanks!!

Thanks, now I'll have nightmares about that bacon!

I tried it in 2011 and had totally flushed it (pun intended) from my memory. I may have to try the bistro for breakfast again on Symphony.

Maybe I'm dumb, but still don't see where I can book the Solarium for dinner! We sail Oct. 2017, so it shouldn't be too soon if you can book for Feb 2018. I'm looking on my "Cruise Planner" under Dining. I only see the for Pay Options or My Time Dining which doesn't show the Solarium. Could you please help me find where to book it? :( Thanks!!

It normally appears with the other specialty restaurants that require a fee except the price listed is $0.00. No idea why it's not showing up for you, sorry.

What ship did you have it on? I had it on Allure once and it was so bad (overcooked and dry) that I swore off it forever. I compared it to the cardboard on the back of paper tablets.

On our cruise (24th Sept) the Bistro option has just come up - it wasn't there at weekend.

We enjoy the Bistro for breakfast, so have now booked each evening for dinner.

I wear suits all year for work, so enjoy smart casual on holiday so this restaurant suits us real fine.

The times we were able to book suited much better around the shows and other events we have planned. We have cancelled our MTD reservations now,

Many thanks to all for their advice.