Escape - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Did you reserve the supper club when you boarded? It is not showing on my vacation planner for the first night and the night it is available there is a fee?

There's one supper club show avail to prebook, which I believe was $15. We cancelled this upon boarding and switched to the free Company Men dinner show. I believe this is only available to book once on board.

There's a rumor floating around the ship that a certain young passenger has a crush on "cute brandon" from the show.

702aaf5fd8a3edf58ae03d607e1028fa.jpg

Just earned coolest dad award for the week!

The award was just revoked.

Edited by TheDougOut

I just caught your live report. Love it. Sailed the Escape 7 times. Just got off on July 15th after a week to the Western Caribb. We took the Sky to Cuba the week before. Anyway, i spent all evening reading your Dawn live review. Sailing the Dawn to Bermuda next month and was hesitant until I read your report. The upgrades seem fabulous and now I cant wait. Enjoy the Escape!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny... after 45 unsuccessful minutes of trying to locate the kids, we return to the room and I find this in my email...

2b57fc9c8cd8b13939b2775206510cfa.jpg

I love that this review is turning into a family affair!! Thanks for posting some good stuff from last night this morning Doug, enjoy your vacation and spending time with all your loved ones, we'll be here when/if you choose to post more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The M & G on the Escape was my favorite one yet (June 24, 2017). Tyler is amazing! The Escape really knows how to take care of us! I'm still writing my review from June 24th and haven't even started posting it! It is thanks to you and YorkVillian that I even went on the Escape. Thanks for all you do to show us how awesome it could be!

A little confession... this morning I laid awake, debating whether or not I was going to fire up a live thread this time around.

Now I'm starting to wish I hadn't, as I'm having too much fun wandering around with this girl...

5ab9b2e34a79e17e59d3b028e7773f31.jpg

So this likely won't be much of a live thread, certainly not what we've had in the past with my sole companion asleep 90% of the day. Exhibit "A"...

a20436279451fb2bbf08ac2107f4208d.jpg

I may check in from time to time - and we'll see how the week plays out. But know this... the Escape has never felt more like home, as cliche as that sounds.

2407cdf09c07684b84fda700a32b2115.jpg

But I'm now being dragged out of the room, as my little girl wants to "go clubbing". And to think... it's been just over 15 years since I first partied with this girl on a ship...

61658cd0b955c285d8e5fa4933f5b1f1.jpg

...you just turned me into a complete mush...this and that multigenerational photo...memory making moments... that's the good stuff!

hope you all enjoy and have wonderful time!

Hi Doug...

Looks like a fun time is being had by all. Thanks for posting all the pics and commentary.

FYI...they overcharged you by $4 a day +18% (4.72); NCL listed price is 59/day and they charged you 63./day. I even checked under My NCL and looked at price for an upcoming cruise of mine and it stated 59/day.

Yesterday at guest services, when I signed the parental waiver for Cam, I inquired about upgrading her to the Corks&Caps drink package. We were told the request is submitted back to NCL land, and a decision would be returned within 24 hours.

7705d477d46ae4332aaea0e47671b2b5.jpg.

Someone posted a rumor about an MTV gig... I'll ask next time I see him.

At the end of the cruise I'd be interested to hear your impressions of Tyler. Many people love him as CD. He wasn't our cup of tea. We thought he was good at yelling and demanding enthusiasm from the crowd, but we prefer the type of CD that earns our enthusiasm. Witty humor works best for us. I know we are a minority when it comes to Tyler.

cef2e319b244f5e3c256ac824ed53cfe.jpg

Drink of the day is Long Island Iced Tea. Spare ribs special at O'Sheehan's...

d3437d65717af629505421f9eede990d.jpg

Last night... somewhere along the way I ended up with 3 of the kids at O'She's for nachos.

5102b1dc9e83c1f906bcf792f29b97d3.jpg

Cam and I closed down the Brew House.

We fell back an hour during the overnight. Kids are already out and about, so Sue & I are heading down for coffee.

aaef63be7e98e59212915bf02e590bda.jpg

One last thing - my first attempt with the Party Patch was last night and I have a bit of a headache this morning. Tough to judge without a control. Sue feels fine the morning after her Midori Sour.

b39ff753e6946b631b5b35e7a802f331.jpg

Oh man, I was on the Escape last March and I so wanted to try every beer served at The District but knew if I did, it would be headache city all week long. Hoping that this will work for you on your quest to make it to the very top of the brew aficionado leader board.

At the end of the cruise I'd be interested to hear your impressions of Tyler. Many people love him as CD. He wasn't our cup of tea. We thought he was good at yelling and demanding enthusiasm from the crowd, but we prefer the type of CD that earns our enthusiasm. Witty humor works best for us. I know we are a minority when it comes to Tyler.

I'm sure Tyler is a nice guy and all but the incessant "Make some noise!!!!" got real tired, real fast.

As others have said, enjoy your cruise with your daughter before anything else. Precious time with your family is all that matters in the end.

Family is indeed precious and should always be appreciated, because everyone is not always as lucky. Both of my parents have passed and I am childless and have no siblings. I thank the man upstairs for my GF and the good times we have cruising together.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app