Crown and Anchor Upgrade Preferences

I'm just wondering if Royal Caribbean automatically bumps you up if you opt into the program or if they call/email to confirm first. Even though 99.9% of the time I would take whatever upgrade is available, it's still nice to know that in the event I handpick my cabin and forget to change my settings that I don't get bumped.

In the case of a free upgrade currently you can say that you will take an automatic upgrade and they will do that without referring to you, say that you don't want an upgrade or select from a list of restrictions to an upgrade. Here is the list:

• If I am traveling with friends or family and would like our rooms to be near one another
  • I do not wish to be upgraded to Boardwalk or Central Park balcony staterooms (OA/AL only)
  • I do not wish to be upgraded into an accessible stateroom
  • I would like to stay on the same deck as my current stateroom
  • I do not wish to be moved to a lower deck
  • I only wish to be upgraded to a stateroom that is near an elevator

I'm just wondering if Royal Caribbean automatically bumps you up if you opt into the program or if they call/email to confirm first. Even though 99.9% of the time I would take whatever upgrade is available, it's still nice to know that in the event I handpick my cabin and forget to change my settings that I don't get bumped.

If you want to minimize the possibility of being upgraded, I would ensure the upgrade preference on the website is set appropriately, and I would also contact whoever booked the cruise and request they put a "no upgrade" note on the booking.

I just recently discovered this upgrade preference page, made my selections. As exciting as it would be, I assume an upgrade is pretty unlikely or is it fairly common?

Somewhere between slim and none.

When we had the one and only free upgrade we knew nothing about it until check in at the port.

Frequency of upgrades for us, once in a blue moon.

That said due to the types of cabins we book there is normally little to upgrade us to.

My parents on the other hand like to book last minute and end up booking lower category cabins, yet have been upgraded a lot more.

I just recently discovered this upgrade preference page, made my selections. As exciting as it would be, I assume an upgrade is pretty unlikely or is it fairly common?

One upgrade in 118 cruises. Don't hold your breath waiting for one.

One free upgrade on the Carnival Paradise in October 2001 on a sailing to the Western Caribbean from Miami. Went from an ocean view to a suite. Only one upgrade in over thirty five plus cruises. Numerous upsell offers over the years.

One free upgrade on the Carnival Paradise in October 2001 on a sailing to the Western Caribbean from Miami. Went from an ocean view to a suite. Only one upgrade in over thirty five plus cruises. Numerous upsell offers over the years.

I believe OP was discussing settings in preference for upgrades on Royal ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

one upgrade in 34 cruises for me

Once in 14 cruises for me, but since the OP brought up the subject, be careful of what Royal calls an upgrade. I did get an upgrade from a D1 hump on Freedom to a JS and that was great. My cruise next April has one of the coveted corner afts on a Radiance class. We specifically picked this room because of experiences of friends and others here on Cruise Critic. While I would be happy to take an upgrade to any suite, I have heard of people getting "upgraded" to the same class of room, but midship. As soon as I get back from my Sept cruise I'll probably set my status to DON'T upgrade.

Once in 14 cruises for me, but since the OP brought up the subject, be careful of what Royal calls an upgrade. I did get an upgrade from a D1 hump on Freedom to a JS and that was great. My cruise next April has one of the coveted corner afts on a Radiance class. We specifically picked this room because of experiences of friends and others here on Cruise Critic. While I would be happy to take an upgrade to any suite, I have heard of people getting "upgraded" to the same class of room, but midship. As soon as I get back from my Sept cruise I'll probably set my status to DON'T upgrade.

Could be too late. You willing to lose your aft cabin for a 1/100 chance of an upgrade on your prior to April cruise. I wouldn't risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums