Corkage fee...

Not all wines have corks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True true, Steeler fan. I guess they still charge for screw top wines. LOL

One of our favorite inexpensive Pinot Noirs is Erath. Another is Meiomi. I have seen Meiomi on Freedom and on Allure. It may not be top of the line wine, but it's pretty decent.

We dined with tablemates who were celebrating the woman's birthday and shared with us her favorite wine. It was a white zin. It wouldn't be my first choice, but they were so sweet to share their wine with us. Don't recall if it was Beringer.

Sweet people, sweet wine.:D

We dined with tablemates who were celebrating the woman's birthday and shared with us her favorite wine. It was a white zin. It wouldn't be my first choice, but they were so sweet to share their wine with us. Don't recall if it was Beringer.

If it was us, it was Beringer. [emoji6]

Beringer is the ship's brand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Is anyone actually being charged corkage?

We weren't (end of June) on any bottle we took into the dining room. We thought perhaps the overworked staff didn't want another responsibility and one that didn't earn them any money so they didn't bother!

I don't mind the corkage fee. I would gladly pay it on a full case of wine if they would let me. I would even agree to not bring any wine on board they have in their cellar. We almost always bring are own wine to restaurants and pay corkage. But if I am paying corkage, I expect the bottle to be opened me or my wife be allowed to taste, then poured and never touch the bottle again after I hand it to the waiter. I also expect fresh glasses between bottles and white glasses for white and red glasses for red. That level of service is what the corkage is for. I know that most servers in fine dining restaurants recognize they will be tipped on the value of the wine not the corkage fee if they provide great wine service. I will not be happy if I am paying a corkage and just getting the bottle opened then left on the table for us to pour ourselves.

Yes! This!

Are you referring to Livorno?

Does Royal actually call it Florence?

Seems just as many went to Pisa

Yes, referring to Livorno. Haven't looked at itineraries lately, but I've seen it called Florence.