Corkage fee...

Wow....that's just happened since March this year!

Does it make a difference if you bring it from your cabin already opened?

Nope.

However, you can bring glasses of wine anywhere with no fees.

Just think of it this way, they are ALLOWING you to bring your special wine with you (2 bottles). Since they mark up their bottles of wine already, you are getting a great deal even though you are paying the $15 to do bring it to the restaurant. It's $0 corkage if you decide to drink it in your room or just bring it poured already into the dining room. We bring two bottles of Caymus that we can get at Total Wine for $49 a bottle, but they sell it on board for over $125. That still a great deal for us to bring it on board. What if they decide that its in their best interest to not allow 2 bottles to be brought on board????? So I wouldn't complain that they already help you out if you bring a good bottle with you.

Just ask you cabin steward for a corkscrew and wine glasses.

My experience is that the steward says to call room service, as wine glasses and corkscrews fall under that department. It was so much easier to pop into the Schooner bar and ask for wine glasses, and to bring our own mini corkscrew.

My experience is that the steward says to call room service, as wine glasses and corkscrews fall under that department. It was so much easier to pop into the Schooner bar and ask for wine glasses, and to bring our own mini corkscrew.

I guess everyone's cabin steward is different...We have asked (whenever needed) and next time we returned to our cabin the corkscrew & glasses where there sitting by the filled ice bucket. The corkscrews are small plastic ones with the RCI logo and you can certainly take it home with you if you want.

Do whatever works out easier for you, but don't feel you need to bring one (corkscrew) with you from home.

What Caymus do you get for $49. More like $69 for the 2014 Cab

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think it was only 69 on Navigator in 2014 prices have really went up for wine in last few years, it was 60 something in our total wine recently. prefer Silverado or Stags Leap anyhow

The Caymus 25th anniversary was around $49 at the time I was drinking it.

Looks like it's gone up a bit: https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/caymus+forty+annvrs+cab+sauv+napa+valley+county+north+coast+california+usa

I even drank some on my last cruise at Portofino for not too much extra. Maybe $75?

I'll be bringing my own wine because I'm snooty af, but the RC wine list isn't as terrible as it could be.

I don't mind the corkage fee. I would gladly pay it on a full case of wine if they would let me. I would even agree to not bring any wine on board they have in their cellar. We almost always bring are own wine to restaurants and pay corkage. But if I am paying corkage, I expect the bottle to be opened me or my wife be allowed to taste, then poured and never touch the bottle again after I hand it to the waiter. I also expect fresh glasses between bottles and white glasses for white and red glasses for red. That level of service is what the corkage is for. I know that most servers in fine dining restaurants recognize they will be tipped on the value of the wine not the corkage fee if they provide great wine service. I will not be happy if I am paying a corkage and just getting the bottle opened then left on the table for us to pour ourselves.

For you Camus lovers, there are some very nice cabernets that are every bit as good and about half the price of Camus. The Foley group and the Wilson group have some very nice cabs. I won't turn Camus down, but I think they have done a better job of marketing than others.

Strange. I've never had a room steward not provide wine glasses or corkscrew.

Strange. I've never had a room steward not provide wine glasses or corkscrew.

This confused me... I went back to my review photos (last 3 cruises anyways: Adventure, Harmony, Explorer) and I've always had glasses and corkscrew already there as I entered the room, alongside the D+ water, etc.

This was my last cruise on EX in May

IMG_1482_zpsm6h8gzvd.jpg

Coupons is how we get it at that price. Every once in a while we see coupons and get 12 bottles for $49 a piece. They price it between 59 to 64 based on how quickly it sells.

I got a coupon for $20 off $100 purchase. That might work, but I haven't seen one lately

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app