Booking Chef's Table?

Ginnyfyr

Can you book the Chef's Table dinner ahead of time or do you have to wait to do it onboard? We will be on Coral next month and the only specialty restaurants are Sabatini's, which isn't my favourite, and the Bayou Cafe (which we've never tried but I just looked at the online menu and didn't see much I'd want to pay extra for). Thinking the Chef's Table - which we've also never done - would be a nice treat instead of doing one of the specialty restaurants.

You cannot book the Chef's Table beforehand. For the best chance, call the dine line and put your name on the list as soon as you board. Another really nice experience is the balcony dinner.

Thank you! We have done the UBD in the Caribbean and it was lovely, but we're going to Alaska next month and I'm thinking it might not be the best time to do it again, lol (but who knows - the last time we did Alaska in September we had perfect weather!)

Thank you! We have done the UBD in the Caribbean and it was lovely, but we're going to Alaska next month and I'm thinking it might not be the best time to do it again, lol (but who knows - the last time we did Alaska in September we had perfect weather!)

If you are doing an itinerary that includes Glacier Bay, they will offer the balcony breakfast for Glacier Bay morning, as well.

You cannot book the Chef's Table beforehand. For the best chance, call the dine line and put your name on the list as soon as you board. Another really nice experience is the balcony dinner.

Spot on advice. Definitely call the dine line as soon as you get on the ship.....:):):)

Bob

Yes, call the Dine Line AS SOON as you board; or go directly to the dining room that is open for lunch if you are onboard before 1:30 and ask the Maitre D' to put you on the list for the Chef's Table.

I was lucky once. I was checking on the table I had for our cruise. I was talking to the Maître d'. Who we know from previous cruises. I asked him if he could book the Chef's Table for me and he did :). I said I was lucky!!!

Tony

Yes, call the Dine Line AS SOON as you board; or go directly to the dining room that is open for lunch if you are onboard before 1:30 and ask the Maitre D' to put you on the list for the Chef's Table.

We went to Passenger Services immediately. We're Elite (so no line)...we were the first on the list.

If you call the Dine Line, you may be on hold for a long time. They're very busy on the first day.

And...definitely plan on doing it. Leave room in your suitcase for a very heavy recipe book.;)

Thanks to all of you for your input! I feel like we will be lucky if we're able to book it. Unfortunately we have to fly in the day of sailing due to hubby's work schedule (we are booked through Princess Air) and we're due to land in Vancouver at noon, so I will be surprised if we're on the ship early enough to book. We'll do our best - I love a challenge!

Oh and GGPrincess2004 thank you for mentioning the balcony breakfast! Glacier Bay is on our itinerary so that's worth looking into!