Celebrity Summit Trip Report - 8/6/17

Marleycruiser

We are sailing on Summit in just under two weeks heading to Bermuda. It's our first cruise and we're very excited. The original post mentioned rain, is the weather generally very pleasent and warm on the trip? When I did the original research it seemed to be quite similar to Florida weather at this time of the year (nice most of the day but heavy showers occasionally).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app

I've sailed Summit to Bermuda many times, and our family's traditional sailing time are the late August/early September sailing dates. The temps range in the mid/upper 80s during the day and very sunny, and if there's any rain, it's been the evening into early morning(before sunrise) shower type. Even with possible rain, the nights are warm and beautiful, and the rain's not constantly falling all night. There was only one time I've been on the Summit when a late night thunderstorm lightning strike knocked out power to some of the homes for a couple of hours(not King's Wharf or of course the ship), and everything was fine by the morning. The rain the OP mentioned was during a sea day, and the Atlantic can give up a rainy surprise every so often.

Bermuda weather was surprisingly not good. The first day we had decent weather from early morning until about 1 and then it started down pouring for the rest of the day. Second day was a complete and total wash out. Third day was excellent weather.

I must say, in the half dozen times I have been to Bermuda, there is practically no rain. If there was, it was a passing shower. I think we were unfortunate, and you should not have anything to worry about.

We are sailing on Summit in just under two weeks heading to Bermuda. It's our first cruise and we're very excited. The original post mentioned rain, is the weather generally very pleasent and warm on the trip? When I did the original research it seemed to be quite similar to Florida weather at this time of the year (nice most of the day but heavy showers occasionally).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app

I have sailed on the very last trip to Bermuda every year for teh past three years. It has always been hot as Hades in Bermuda. Uncomfortably so. Also, last year (think it was last year)we had to leave a early because of a hurricane that we were outrunning. Very rainy, cloudy and rough seas for 24 hrs. Did not bother us in the least. However, as is typical, some people were demanding their money back because (in case you are not aware) Celebrity is in control of the weather :rolleyes:

We,ve had rain in Bermuda on a cruise in month of Sept and land trip in June...on the land trip we had rain every day almost all day and made use of our ponchos. On our cruise we had peeks of sun so we could tour but not beach weather by any means

Both were great vacations but would have been nice if we had more sunshine...you just never know

Thank you for your review and appreciate the comparison of NCL (Breakaway) to Celebrity (Summit).

I have been on the Summit for caribbean cruise few years ago and loved it. Even then people talked about aging ship and I did not really notice it, guess I don't weigh that too much in my vacation experience unless it is really really bad and something is broken.

Like you I went from NCL (Epic and Pearl) to Celebrity Summit and I can ditto most of what your thoughts and opinions and I was in a regular balcony on Summit without special access for dining and I was in awe compared to the Epic trip. The Epic was the most painful experience with regard to service, traffic bottlenecks, debarkation (nightmare) and limited outside public areas with everything funneled inside only. They did offer better entertainment but so many other things were painful. I keep being tugged to try again on Breakaway or another of their newer big ships but this type of review reminds me of why I am reluctant.

Thanks again !!!!

Edited to add that in case it isn't noticed, I loved Summit cruise so much I have booked again for next November caribbean.

You can come wave at us when we are in Halifax next month.

Just might do that, though I don't venture downtown as much as I used to. I actually used to work a block from where the ships come in and stroll there on most lunch hours, but sadly our office moved about a 5 minute drive away from there so not a quick stroll anymore. I can watch it on our webcam though. Love our Halifax boardwalk and it is nice in the summer to people watch and love when the ships come in and everyone is taking in the local sights.

Hope you have wonderful weather the day you arrive! What ship? The Summit?????

Hope you have wonderful weather the day you arrive! What ship? The Summit?????

Summit it is. I arrived in Canada at that location a lifetime ago, perhaps got on that very rail car for our journey to Ontario.