Faster To The Fun...How Early Can You Check In?

briankeith513

I know, I know, there are hundreds of FTTF threads, but after searching, I can't find a definite answer to this question. How early can you check-in and board with FTTF? Specifically, what time? I see that the earliest time with the new staggered check-in is 11am. However, I don't see any information on Carnival's website that says what time you can check in with FTTF.

Whatever the earliest check in time for that port and ship is. So if 11-11:30 is the first one, then it's 11AM.

Interesting, so even if you have purchased FTTF, you can't check in any earlier than someone who didn't pay for FTTF and chose 11am for their check in time?

Interesting, so even if you have purchased FTTF, you can't check in any earlier than someone who didn't pay for FTTF and chose 11am for their check in time?

True. However, you will board before them, and have access to your cabin immediately. And you will have different lines once you get inside, and presumably will get checked in faster. EM

That's correct. Neither can Diamonds or Platinums who earned their status. If that is the first available check in time, then that's it. Any earlier and you'll be waiting outside. It keeps people from clogging up the place while others are debarking.

True. However, you will board before them, and have access to your cabin immediately. And you will have different lines once you get inside, and presumably will get checked in faster. EM

That's correct. Neither can Diamonds or Platinums who earned their status. If that is the first available check in time, then that's it. Any earlier and you'll be waiting outside. It keeps people from clogging up the place while others are debarking.

Ok thanks, I understand. (y)

The earliest time listed in Long Beach is 12:00 or 12:30, I am platinum and I will be there around 10:30. I know from prior cruises from Long Beach that I will be checked in before the earliest time. I guess all the ports are different. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Candi

The earliest time listed in Long Beach is 12:00 or 12:30, I am platinum and I will be there around 10:30. I know from prior cruises from Long Beach that I will be checked in before the earliest time. I guess all the ports are different. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Candi

If they are doing staggered check in, you won't be let in the building before the first time slot. It's different than before.

Long Beach may be a little different than most ports, I've only been to Long Beach so cannot comment on others, they have no inside waiting area. Our last cruise, May 2017 had staggered check in with times starting at 11:30 or 12:00 but early check in still started by about 10:30. Diamond, Platinum and Suites check in at the Captains Lounge which is a very small building next to the main terminal and others including FTTF can check in at counters set up out side of the terminal under the shade awnings. The boarding lines wait out side of the terminal until cleared to board. If you arrive after the lines outside of the terminal are gone I think they open the inside the terminal check in counters so that you check in and can board immediately because of no where to wait once inside of the terminal.

Long Beach may be a little different than most ports, I've only been to Long Beach so cannot comment on others, they have no inside waiting area. Our last cruise, May 2017 had staggered check in with times starting at 11:30 or 12:00 but early check in still started by about 10:30. Diamond, Platinum and Suites check in at the Captains Lounge which is a very small building next to the main terminal and others including FTTF can check in at counters set up out side of the terminal under the shade awnings. The boarding lines wait out side of the terminal until cleared to board. If you arrive after the lines outside of the terminal are gone I think they open the inside the terminal check in counters so that you check in and can board immediately because of no where to wait once inside of the terminal.

All true but don't forget the steel drum music that plays from overhead in the outdoor stand around and wait area. Those steel drums don't evoke Mexico for me. We laugh about it in fact every cruise.

There was talk the outdoor counter would be closed and the dome opened up for check in and seating. We'll see, like you we mostly sail from Long Beach.

I think that could happen because I have heard that Carnival has signed an agreement with the City of Long Beach to expand the Pier and improve the terminal, how soon is unknown. I bring extra steel drum music on my iPhone in case they run out I have 10 albums by The Carnival Steel Drum Band.

Long beach for years has had early check in starting at 9:30, however they were told to start at 10:00 from now on. Started a couple of weeks ago. All ports for Carnival are suppose to adapt to this. After you check in you must wait outside until ship is cleared for boarding normally around 11:30. It could be as early as 11. Priority check in and regular check in start at same time. Barring any unforeseen delays ! There is a sign at the Long Beach terminal that states changes to the dome are scheduled to be completed January 2018, construction started in May. They have to have it ready before the Splendor arrives.

Splendor has already been here. We were her first home port back in 2008/9.

Have heard unconfirmed rumors about a larger ship coming after Splendor goes west. That's why there's a new parking structure going up. (And a new pier) As it is now, the structure cannot accommodate 2 Fantasy Class ships and the Miracle. Splendor holds more pax than the Miracle, when she was last out here she shared the parking with only one other ship.

10am makes sense for Long Beach. Arrive earlier and you're fighting the debarking pax.

Anyways, back in topic, we arrive in Long Beach around 11:30 and are in our cabin by noon. We are Diamond and Platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, DestineyFish said:

Thanks guys! I am debarking with Faster To The Fun out of long beach and appreciate most of my questions have been asked and answered with a Message board search!  Super helpful info! 

I would start a new posting if I were you.  This post is two years old and a lot has changed since then.

I spoke to Mary on carnival she told us 11:30 was a good time  however we seemed to run into an issue with port parking and are needing to go to the convention center. I'm not sure how the free shuttle works or if there is a certain time it leaves I'm googling that at the moment before I bother Carnival again lol 🙂

3 hours ago, DestineyFish said:

I spoke to Mary on carnival she told us 11:30 was a good time  however we seemed to run into an issue with port parking and are needing to go to the convention center. I'm not sure how the free shuttle works or if there is a certain time it leaves I'm googling that at the moment before I bother Carnival again lol 🙂

If you’re wanting to board as early as you can, I’d get there before 11:30. Then again, we’ve never sailed out of Long Beach before, so I don’t know if timeframes are different there. 

For example, last year out of Miami (with FTTF) we boarded around 11, maybe shortly before. I think it’s pretty common that they begin boarding around 11:00, give or take.

If you get there before the terminal opens, with FTTF you’ll be put in the priority line. Once you make your way through security and check-in, which doesn’t take long, the only thing left to do is wait. Personally, we don’t mind waiting around in the terminal for a while knowing we’re about to start a cruise.

You could also check out the home port section of the forum to ask about the average boarding times in Long Beach.

Edited by Organized Chaos