Distilled Water

Bruner1

I have seen in other threads where Carnival no longer allows passengers to bring on bottled water. Does this also apply to a single bottle of distilled water? We will be sailing on the Freedom next month and I need the distilled water to run in my CPAP machine.

TIA for the information.

I expected to pay for my distilled water! It is a shame there isn't bedside electrical for CPAP users.

I guess since they don't know if you are going to leave the beds as twin or convert them to a king, its hard for them to place the electrical outlets for bedside use. I've stayed in hotels that didn't have enough near the beds as well. I usually end up unplugging the alarm clock in that case. I will be able to make do with an extension cord.

I knew about the extension cord. Great to know I can ask for the distilled water as well :)

Make sure it does not have a surge protector. They are a fire hazard onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did find this on Carnival's page when I was looking for something else.

• If you use a CPAP machine, please note you will need to pack your machine with your carry-on luggage. Should you wish to bring your own distilled water with you to use with your CPAP machine, it must be hand carried along with your CPAP machine. For your convenience, distilled water is sold on board for $3.00 USD per gallon by contacting Room Service.

Not sure I want a full gallon of the stuff to keep up with. One personal size usually lasts me a week. I suppose we could always use the rest for extra drinking water. Hmm.. I wonder if the Cheers package covers distilled water.

Not sure I want a full gallon of the stuff to keep up with. One personal size usually lasts me a week. I suppose we could always use the rest for extra drinking water. Hmm.. I wonder if the Cheers package covers distilled water.

Distilled water is typically sold by the gallon. If you don't want a gallon, simply carry it on. There is no "keeping up with." It's delivered to your room and you simply store it there.

I don't believe that it is covered by Cheers! as it is delivered by room service, but if $3 is a concern, carry it on with you. Just be sure to keep it with your Cpap.

CPAP user here and 2 weeks back from last Carnival cruise. I prefer distilled water in my machine at home because it doesn't gunk up, but on the ship I use their tap water. Unless your voyage is greater than 7 days, I don't see it hurting you or your equipment too much. Nevertheless, they will sell some if you prefer.

Also, I have another post regarding the seizure of my power strip in Mobile. I'd suggest you prepare yourself with a copy of the rules regarding non-power-surge strips in case you encounter what I did. However, they provided me with another one once I got on board.

I have another cruise next month and I'm just going to take a regular extension cord to avoid the possible hassle.

Some rooms are set up in such a way that the power outlet is next to the bed. Others, it's completely across the room.