For you NCL cruise experts

wordsjustfly

Our family has decided after four cruises that the suite life is really for us. We love everything there is about it. So we save for a year and go on a cruise every other year or so for vacation.

My only complaint about staying in a suite is that they typically are higher up and the ship tends to weave and bob the higher you go.

Do any of you know what deck the suites begin on?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is obviously going to vary from class (of ship) to class. It is also information that is readily accessible to you on NCL's website by checking out the deckplans of whatever ship you are curious about. Here is Breakaway for example:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/deck-plans

Thank you so much. I had no idea this existed. 👍👍👍 off to research the next cruise!

My only complaint about staying in a suite is that they typically are higher up and the ship tends to weave and bob the higher you go. Do any of you know what deck the suites begin on?

Most ships will have forward facing and aft facing suites that start pretty low. BUT,,,, being all the way forward, you will get more motion, even on Deck 9.

In general, if the ship is in bad weather, every room is going to weave and bob. In good weather, every room will be smooth.

Most ships will have forward facing and aft facing suites that start pretty low. BUT,,,, being all the way forward, you will get more motion, even on Deck 9.

In general, if the ship is in bad weather, every room is going to weave and bob. In good weather, every room will be smooth.

Hi - our first cruise we were on the Star in cabin 9500 and I didn't mind it- when we hit rough seas it was and up and down bang bang bang which didn't make me feel sick. It's just the weaving Kinc oh like a weeble- you know weebles wobble but they don't fall down - I think that bothers me.

At any rate you're right good weather smooth sailing - bad weather the ship rocks. Maybe I'm just used to it on day 4 as it isn't bugging me as much.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't put so much credence on felt motion as it relates to deck location. When the ship is moving the entire thing is moving, you will notice no perceivable difference between deck 9 or deck 4. My wife is very prone to motion sickness, when things get bad there simply isn't a location we can go to that makes things better. Not once have we been in rough seas on the upper decks and returned to our cabin on a lower deck and found any difference.

Edited by ray98

Don't put so much credence on felt motion as it relates to deck location. When the ship is moving the entire thing is moving, you will notice no perceivable difference between deck 9 or deck 4. My wife is very prone to motion sickness, when things get bad there simply isn't a location we can go to that makes things better. Not once have we been in rough seas on the upper decks and returned to our cabin on a lower deck and found any difference.

Thank you for your perspective. Instead of Bonine last night I took visteral and it helped a bunch. I only woke a couple of times to rocking and swaying. What does your wife do to combat motion sickness?

Thank you for your perspective. Instead of Bonine last night I took visteral and it helped a bunch. I only woke a couple of times to rocking and swaying. What does your wife do to combat motion sickness?

She recently had good luck with the Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy formula.

Maybe she got lucky.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1136/~/medical-services

Medication

Over-the-Counter medications for cold, cough, upset stomach or other minor illnesses can be purchased at the Medical Center during business hours. In addition, the shops on board may carry some of these items.

Prescription drugs and vitamins may not be readily available, either onboard the ship or in the ports.

Meclizine, motion sickness pills can be purchased at the Medical Center, Guest Services or through Room Service. The cost is $3.29 USD for four pills. We do not carry motion sickness patches or wristbands. A motion sickness injection is available for a fee at the Medical Center but will only be administered to those who are actively vomiting and not as a preventative measure.

I seldom need meclizene, but carry a bottle with me just in case.

Your can buy Rugby brand at almost any pharmacy in the USA. It comes in two strengths in bottles of 100 tablets and is usually under ten dollars. Same active ingredient as Bonnie and Non drowsy Dramamine.

If it makes you drowsy, cut down the dosage or take it at bed time.