Internet advice - 12 night cruise

Toronto Guy

Some advice please. Going on a 12 nighter and we are both Elites so combined we have 3 hours free Internet. Should we just purchase an unlimited plan pre-cruise at $269 minus the 30% elite discount, or wait until we are onboard and have used up our free minutes before purchasing one mid-cruise unlimited Internet plan that we would both share? I"m assuming that would be $199 approx (since the onboard purhcase price on Day 1 is $299) minus the 30% Elite discount. Anybody do this? Anybody know on what day they offer the special and the price?

In my experience [back-to-back thirteen night cruises aboard Equinox last September/October], the scenario that you outline was not a meaningful option... As the cost of the unlimited internet package--with or without loyalty discount--was never prorated downward on a "cruise days remaining" basis, it was "silly" not to purchase the unlimited package--if perceived as needed--from day one...

Practices can/do change... I'm sure that someone will weigh in here if my experience is now dated...

In my experience [back-to-back thirteen night cruises aboard Equinox last September/October], the scenario that you outline was not a meaningful option... As the cost of the unlimited internet package--with or without loyalty discount--was never prorated downward on a "cruise days remaining" basis, it was "silly" not to purchase the unlimited package--if perceived as needed--from day one...

Practices can/do change... I'm sure that someone will weigh in here if my experience is now dated...

Good to know. I guess we could buy one unlimited precruise to get the max discount and second person could still use the free minutes if wanting to access the web at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just returned from a 12 nighter. I can't recall a 'special' or reduced internet package being offered on board. I agree with previous poster that it makes most sense to pre purchase the unlimited package -- you make be lucky and snag a 72 hour pre cruise purchase sale. . You can use this on any device, just once at a time. YI've not done it but I cannot see why you would not be able to use the the second person's free minutes in addition.

Good to know. I guess we could buy one unlimited precruise to get the max discount and second person could still use the free minutes if wanting to access the web at the same time.

Interesting workaround... Must admit that, as I was traveling solo, your solution--I suspect it would work--never occurred to me!

This is exactly what we do if we do that have the unlimited included with a Best price. No reason to buy two unlimited packages. You are allowed one device at a time with each log in.

You have the CC minutes for the other person to use when you wish to have two devices logged in.

You can easily purchase one Internet Package and share it. You are permitted to use unlimited devices but are limited to only one at a time.

It is easy to switch between devices and second person can just knock the other off the connection and connect if they choose. We often have one account and use a combination of a Laptop, Ipad and 2 IPhones

I can speak to recent (this year) 14 day cruises. There was definitely a special (which was an approximately pro-rated price) offered mid-way through the cruise. We were able to secure that, minus our Elite+ discount %. We just did it for one of the two of us, and just logged on and off as needed. I can't speak for the shorter cruises as we get 240 minutes each so don't really need more unless the cruise is 14 days or longer.

There were several options, including a reduced priced unlimited package and a 250 minutes package, available about halfway through the Constellation repositioning from the Med to Abu Dhabi last November. This was at least a 14 night cruise (maybe 15).

a699ad1bc33c955f7ae993d0759e257b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cotswold Eagle