Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

Umm... OK, so you can see what precautions I've taken at my home, my business, my family, my pets and the rest. Perfect.

I do see the threats, see the forecast models and have experience of a lifetime that teaches me the dangers and when they are eminent.

Take a picture and show us! Thanks.

Umm... OK, so you can see what precautions I've taken at my home, my business, my family, my pets and the rest. Perfect.

I do see the threats, see the forecast models and have experience of a lifetime that teaches me the dangers and when they are eminent.

High tide is tonight. I hope your house is 8 stories high and concrete.

How fast is the ship going?

No idea. My senses tell me not as fast as when we were heading between ports preciously but the tv doesn't show speed. The screen on 5 doesn't either. If I see something that shows speed, I can try to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea. My senses tell me not as fast as when we were heading between ports preciously but the tv doesn't show speed. The screen on 5 doesn't either. If I see something that shows speed, I can try to update.

Thanks for the live reporting!

Thanks! When we were on the Freedom, it showed speed but not location. Go figure lol

Cute and happy dog!

Dr. Jeff Master's new blog: https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/hurricane-harvey-rapidly-intensifies-catastrophic-flooding-likely-texas

"

Dangerous compound storm surge and freshwater flooding for Galveston/Houston next week

Official NHC storm surge guidance, which extends out to 72 hours (currently through Monday morning, August 28), is not intended to depict the longer-term threat—perhaps extending well beyond Monday—posed just inland by huge amounts of freshwater blocked by the surge from flowing to the sea. Current storm surge warnings include Brazoria and Galveston, with a 2 - 4 foot surge expected from Harvey’s initial approach; however, more widespread flooding may occur in the Houston/Galveston area early next week. Storm surge expert Dr. Hal Needham, who is riding out the hurricane on Galveston Island, highlights the potential for catastrophic flooding in the Galveston/Houston area if Harvey moves back out over the ocean, intensifies, then moves toward northeast, just offshore of Galveston, as the European model is predicting. In a Friday morning blog post, Dr. Needham points out that Harvey is likely to produce a storm surge for Galveston and Bolivar Islands that is less severe than during Hurricane Ike (2008)—which produced a surge of up to 19 - 22 feet—but far more prolonged. The multi-day onshore flow and storm surge coupled with extreme inland rainfall would push enormous amounts of water from several directions into Galveston Bay and the Houston Ship Channel. The result could be widespread, possibly unprecedented flooding early next week across southeastern parts of the Houston metropolitan area along and near the bay and the ship channel.

“From personal correspondence with people in the western communities of Galveston Bay, most people are staying put and getting supplies ready, but not anticipating flood levels could come anywhere near Ike. However, compound flooding has the potential to flood locations that did not flood during Ike and inflict a widespread and long-term catastrophe that could last into the better part of next week,”says Needham. Similar levels of compound flooding just inland could affect other parts of coastal Texas and perhaps southeast Louisiana, he adds. A major 2016 investigative report from Pro Publica and the Texas Tribute, “Hell and High Water,” examines the huge economic and societal risks posed by hurricane-related flooding in western Galveston Bay and the Houston Ship Channel, which is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world."

Link isn't working for me, maybe too many users already on it? I heard that the seawall, built to protect Galveston from storm surge, will actually work to keep rainwater flooding inside and hamper drainage? Can that be the case?

Try again. The water is almost to the road now by the gas station. Click the movie camera for video.