Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

Just joined this board. I have been reading everything I can about CCL Freedom, my step-son and his wife are cruising on it and we are trying to determine what we can anticipate about their debarment possibly in NO? I read that they will likely put them on busses, but how would they head back to Galveston in the storm? Does anyone have any ideas where they would bus them to?

I was supposed to cruise on the Breeze on Sunday.

I just called to cancel.

I cannot stress enough how helpful carnival customer service can be.

I got refunded all the port fees, taxes, and pre paid items (transportation, wifi) straight to my card.

The the rest of the money will remain a carnival credit for 24 months. Knowing me, that is great news. This credit will be for sure used.

.....as for the airlines, that will have to figured out. They offered 2/3rd's of what I paid as a credit that had to be used within 60 days.

Just to let you guys know, we are booked on RCI Liberty of the Seas on Sunday. I have been on the phone twice today with RCI including just now with two "supervisors". They refuse to do anything for us. We have already had one flight canceled and the rest seem to be headed that way. RCI is still "wait and see". I tried to get them to transfer my booking to a ship that is not at a port in a tropical storm but they refuse. They are very unsympathetic and condescending. We are diamond with them but I canceled our upcoming cruise in January with them. Once I get this mess straightened out I will never do business with them again. We are Carnival from now on. I am sincerely glad the Carnival is taking care of it's passengers. My airline - Southwest - has been super helpful and offered no cost flight reschedule or full refund.

Just to let you guys know, we are booked on RCI Liberty of the Seas on Sunday. I have been on the phone twice today with RCI including just now with two "supervisors". They refuse to do anything for us. We have already had one flight canceled and the rest seem to be headed that way. RCI is still "wait and see". I tried to get them to transfer my booking to a ship that is not at a port in a tropical storm but they refuse. They are very unsympathetic and condescending. We are diamond with them but I canceled our upcoming cruise in January with them. Once I get this mess straightened out I will never do business with them again. We are Carnival from now on. I am sincerely glad the Carnival is taking care of it's passengers. My airline - Southwest - has been super helpful and offered no cost flight reschedule or full refund.

EB glad you are trying to cancel vs. head to Galveston. Continue to be positive. As I said last night these cruises should have already been cancelled. At least carnival has stepped up. Hopefully RC will to sincethey are a day behind and port Sunday vs Saturday, although I think carnival is allowing people on breeze who port Sunday take credit and cancel. GL

Well, here is the latest from carnival for Valor: The Port of Galveston is expected to remain closed to all marine traffic until the storm has passed and a port assessment has been completed. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have heard from us again. Our intention is to return to Galveston as soon as it is safe to do so. The duration of our cruise will be shortened and the itinerary modified. Please visit carnival.com for more details.

This is awful. Sorry they are treating you that way. Hope it all gets worked out.

According to weather channel, Harvey just hit category 4. Wow. Hope everybody in the path of this thing stays safe. All in all, I'd say while worrying about a cruise/vacation is certainly important, it pales compared to those who are worrying will my house be there after this storm passes thru. I'm cruising on the Breeze in two weeks, and wondering will things be back to "normal" by then...

EB glad you are trying to cancel vs. head to Galveston. Continue to be positive. As I said last night these cruises should have already been cancelled. At least carnival has stepped up. Hopefully RC will to sincethey are a day behind and port Sunday vs Saturday, although I think carnival is allowing people on breeze who port Sunday take credit and cancel. GL

I guess you can say "I told you so."' now. :D Don't worry, I will not be offended. I really, really try to give things the benefit if the doubt. When pushed too far I tend to push back. RCI is pushing this too far in my book. We could still make other plans if they would make a decision now as Carnival has. By the time they do anything we will be out of options. No longer happy. :(

I guess you can say "I told you so."' now. :D Don't worry, I will not be offended. I really, really try to give things the benefit if the doubt. When pushed too far I tend to push back. RCI is pushing this too far in my book. We could still make other plans if they would make a decision now as Carnival has. By the time they do anything we will be out of options. No longer happy. :(

Been quietly watching your story today. It's insane that RCL is stringing this out. :(

Nope, no need for that. Keep us updated. GL

Really sorry to hear this, I can't believe they are still being so stubborn. Glad that Southwest is working with you though. They seem like a great airline and I wish more of their flights left from where we're at.

My thoughts and prayers to the folks down there in that area. This is a terrible storm and I'm surprised it made it to Cat 4 status. It strengthened rather quickly.....:(

RCI is pushing this too far in my book. We could still make other plans if they would make a decision now as Carnival has. By the time they do anything we will be out of options. No longer happy. :(
Carnival's turnovers are Saturday and Royal Caribbean's are Sunday, so the announcement that you're praising Carnival for having made today would not be expected from Royal Caribbean tomorrow. People were saying about Carnival what you're saying about Royal Caribbean today. The problem is neither cruise line... It is the industry, and specifically the economy segment of the market.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.