re meat pies

37 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Wow. On Celebrity each table has a dish or two with some spreads but it never lasts long. We just ask for some wrapped butter and the waiter would bring a plate of it, non problem

I think it is better to ask for more than just have what is on the table melting and being wasted.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Wow. On Celebrity each table has a dish or two with some spreads but it never lasts long. We just ask for some wrapped butter and the waiter would bring a plate of it, non problem

Saw it for myself on Sapphire Princess mid 2018.  It was to avoid wastage, but you could ask for more.  But many Princess cruisers got upset because of the pat per person.  The thread went on for months.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I think it is better to ask for more than just have what is on the table melting and being wasted.

Exactly, and once they've put it out on the table any unused butter has to be thrown away. Much smarter to keep extra in the chiller section of the waiter stations.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Exactly, and once they've put it out on the table any unused butter has to be thrown away. Much smarter to keep extra in the chiller section of the waiter stations.

Too true, there is enough wastage on a ship already, last cruise we noticed there was one roll per person on the table (table for 4) while previously there may have been a couple rolls of each kind, maybe 8-10 roll/ bread.

4 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Like others , our cruise was cancelled and so we booked an AI in Mexico . So , I guess a Mexican meat pie is an empanada . Any empanada advice in Cozumel ? Any empanada advice in general ?

I'm sure to get the wise seasoned advice this thread is renowned for .  

image.jpeg.0b77a18c9f5411bba2e8ac46bce82857.jpeg

7 hours ago, richstowe said:

Like others , our cruise was cancelled and so we booked a AI in Mexico . So , I guess a Mexican meat pie is an empanada . Any empanada advice in Cozumel ? Any empanada advice in general ?

image.jpeg.0b77a18c9f5411bba2e8ac46bce82857.jpeg

I do like an empanada, Carne and Pollo. I have had some great ones from all over he world. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But a bit of salsa on the side goes well.

Indeed it does, plenty of onion, tomato and chilli therein, all washed down with a Pisco Sour or two or an icy cold Cusquena beer or an Inca Cola for the non imbibers.

Edited by NSWP

On 3/6/2020 at 8:10 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

But a bit of salsa on the side goes well.

So here are the empanadas in Cozumal . They have pico de gallo or salsa (which simply means sauce) fresca . They use lard . Anything else would be a sin.

20200308_100535.jpg

12 hours ago, richstowe said:

So here are the empanadas in Cozumal . They have pico de gallo or salsa (which simply means sauce) fresca . They use lard . Anything else would be a sin.

Yum!

Yes, I know salsa means sauce - which is why I made the comment above in reply to NSWP. Tomato salsa is just another version of tomato sauce. 🤣

12 hours ago, richstowe said:

20200308_100535.jpg

Lubbly Jubbly.  Great photo.   Muchas Gracias.

Many thanks Mr Gut for the heads up on the Park Cafe on Radiance of the Sea. Really great  Pies made onboard also the sausage rolls were top class.  Two types of Pies Beef and Chicken, only drawback was that terrible  57 varieties Tomato Ketchup that is nearly as bad as that yellow mustard, both could be used as paint stripper.😀

15 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Many thanks Mr Gut for the heads up on the Park Cafe on Radiance of the Sea. Really great  Pies made onboard also the sausage rolls were top class.  Two types of Pies Beef and Chicken, only drawback was that terrible  57 varieties Tomato Ketchup that is nearly as bad as that yellow mustard, both could be used as paint stripper.😀

Good to hear the dogs eyes were good, what is your preferred topping if Heinz Ketchup is not to your taste, perhaps a drop of Rosella ? or HP?hp.jpg.ba72d08164000f56434672ce29703d6d.jpgI am fond of ye olde HP sauce.

Edited by NSWP

Had one of these for lunch, GF of course with Heinz Ketchup, which is to my taste.

We have to keep this thread on track my pie eating friends.

gf pie.jpg

Edited by NSWP

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

Good to hear the dogs eyes were good, what is your preferred topping if Heinz Ketchup is not to your taste, perhaps a drop of Rosella ? or HP?hp.jpg.ba72d08164000f56434672ce29703d6d.jpgI am fond of ye olde HP sauce.

Rosella or the Aldi house brand will suffice  Uncle Les,the Brown Sauce is good for Mixed Gorillas and Full Pommy Brekky's.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I like BBQ sauce on chicken pies but Tomato sauce on any other meat pies and sausage rolls. I am not fussy about which brands they have to be.

Same here mate, Aldi, Rosella, Fountain, tomato sauce is tomato sauce in my opinion, others may dispute that.

1 hour ago, beatleman said:

Rosella or the Aldi house brand will suffice  Uncle Les,the Brown Sauce is good for Mixed Gorillas and Full Pommy Brekky's.

Agreed, Lancashire Relish is also great on the mixed gorilla or the full english brekkie.878935821_lancashirerelish.jpg.7bf4333beffb9262f8f88b35670f26eb.jpg833531862_th(1).jpg.e9e95f5c6ac62c40ddd17364aabfaa36.jpg

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I like BBQ sauce on chicken pies but Tomato sauce on any other meat pies and sausage rolls. I am not fussy about which brands they have to be.

If I have a chicken pie, I don't put any sauce on it. At the football, I don't put any sauce on my meat pie either as it will end up all ove me! But at home we now like Heinz ketchup but really any tom sauce will do.

Leigh